Traitors lining up at the exit door

tgishome

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally agree with the OP. They are taking advantage, same as all the other scum out there and should be treated the same. We have nurtured many of these players, paid them huge wages and treated them like heros and their response is to kick us when we are down. I'm so angry ATM with these lowlife traitors. Our cause, Presbyterian people throughout Scotland,is under attack. Rangers are a symbol of hope for all right minded people in the country, an institution that stands for freedom, fairness, honesty and hard work. All good Presbyterian values, all sadly lacking in many of those who seek to destroy us from both without and within. I wouldn't be surprised if Liewell is involved behind the scenes, pulling agents strings.

How can you call players who have taken pay cuts for us scum? Out of order that. And Liewell doesnt have anywhere near that much influence outside of SFA.

How can you call players who have taken pay cuts for us scum? Out of order that. And Liewell doesnt have anywhere near that much influence outside of SFA.

Not all are traitors, just those who seek to take advantage of our situation. And yeah they tok pay cuts, kudos to them for that but there loyalty needs to run a bit deeper than getting by only only about sixty grand for three months work. As for Liewell I reckon he is pulling agents strings.

Because they were transferred under TUPE and Rhys McCabe has a three year contract.

I feel within my right to call them traitors if they fuck off, no matter which one or more of them that is. They blew A 15 point lead, took a wage deferral , not a wage cut., if they had gone during the admin it may have been less painful.

Now we as bears need some respite from bad news, the lowly like McCabe are deserting us . 2 good performances and now he thinks he's too good for rangers, aluko as well, we rescued his fuckin career. Still never mind. Fuck all the players who go, no matter how much I love some of them.

When we were born we had no kit and no ball, 140 years later we are still going strong. Those who leave will never have the hero worship and legend status they could have had if they stayed, true immortal rangers legends. Wonder if it even crossed their mind as they chase the pound note. To be a legend who people may speak of like shearer, Baxter, young, Waddell, miller, brand, mcCoist, meiklejohn, cooper, durrant, Russell, Johnston, stein, greig jardine, doddy, Henderson, Johnstone, Forsyth, millar , caldow, ferguson et al. What an opportunity they have(had).maybe they just don't love rangers as much as we do, although really it's never been in any real doubt.

No Suurender

Rab

Would you stick in a job if you already had to take a cut in wages, and there were no guarentee's youd be paid your next months wage?

We are all fans but some of us need to take a more objective perspective.

Its all well and good us saying we'd pay for free, but these guys are looking after their livelyhood.

Football's an entirely different world to any career decision, financial or otherwise, that we can consider.

Not all are traitors, just those who seek to take advantage of our situation. And yeah they tok pay cuts, kudos to them for that but there loyalty needs to run a bit deeper than getting by only only about sixty grand for three months work. As for Liewell I reckon he is pulling agents strings.

I cant and wont forget the great memorys these players have given us and i am disapointed but not suprised some want to leave. As for liewell he doesnt have to pull strings the agents will follow the money which obviously isnt at Rangers any more.

Your choice man and I respect that. I must just be angrier thn you. Never thought our own players would turn against us. With so many forces arranged against us it boils my blood to see our own people turning there backs in our hour of need.

First let's see what division we will play in.

Secondly if not the SPL then that will have an effect on the players situation.

Then if players want to leave put them up for sale and get a reasonable price for them.

We may be in a bad position and the prices may be not the best, but it is what it is.

Green and co will need to come up with a plan here.

I previously posted a note calling into question the loyalty or lack of it, by the current Rangers squad and given the news of Rhys McCabe my worries are begining to come to the surface.

I fully understand that throughout this saga the players have been kept in the dark as much as the supporters, I also understand that they, like us mere mortals need to look after themselves and their families (poor souls who stuggle to survive on a weekly wage many of us have as an annual salary) but I wonder:

1. How can ex players, Celik and Wylde (and now McCabe, wait for the rest), be positively lauded for taking the first opportunity to jump ship?

2. Why, to date, are McCulloch, McCabe and Perry the only players to pledge their future to Rangers regardless of league status, now even McCabe has changed his mind?

3. Given the opportunity to transfer their contacts to "The Rangers" at their full salary and benefits, if they are "so loyal" and "Rangers men" why have they not confirmed their acceptance?

4. Players were hero's, it seems, when they agreed to take between a 25% and 75% pay cut for a 2-4 month period. This helped short term but players being players they could not resist having the leave cheap/for next to nothing clauses entered into their contracts as a bonus..... true loyalty????

5. It seems that a large number plan to take the opportunity to leave the club for new, no doubt better paid options! Are we asking so much when they are undoubtedly asked to play one season in Division One on their current salary before being back to normal in SPL, hardly a career/bank account killer?

I see all who decide to jump ship as traitors of the lowest order (forget the "Good luck Rhys" politically correct bull) although perhaps cleansing the club of these two-faced badge kissers will be good in the long term although it doesn't feel like it this morning.

Now lets see who is in the "true bears" camp

Very poor post imo and to call players traitors for wanting to get off a sunken ship is laughable.

The players, both young and old, did not have to take the wage reductions but they did it to help the Club and at a time when it was still very possible to save Rangers. This having failed I see no reason why any should stay if we are relegated as a punishment for past sins that were not of their making and have absolutely no problem with any who wish to leave as they did their part by playing on under all the uncertainty at a reduced rate of pay. I for one will never forget what they did to try and save the Club and thank them with all my heart for doing so.

As for Celik, what was the guy supposed to do? He signed expecting to be challenging for silverware and possibly playing in the CL only to be plunged into the nightmare scenario of administration. I think it is fair to say he was never a "loyal Rangers man" in the first place so where's the problem?

Too many people seem to believe players only think of money but what of ambition?

You sign/come through the ranks for Rangers, the top Club in Scotland, and as such are expecting to be challenging for titles, cups and at least attempting to qualify for the premier competition in Europe in the CL. Things not of your doing happen fairly quickly, your company goes bust and then there is the very real threat of relegation to the !st or 3rd division. Hardly where the best players in the country wish to find themselves playing football.

We don't know for sure if we will be playing in the 1st div yet and these men must look after their families first and foremost. Even if we are, where is the guarantee things will be "back to normal in SPL" the next season?

Things will never be "back to normal in SPL" for Rangers and our supporters EVER AGAIN. :mad:

Could ye go a chicken supper boabby saunds, could ye go a chicken supper boabby saunds, could ye go a chicken supper ya dirty feenyin fcuker . . . A hope Her Maj sticks the heid oan that dhirty murdering bhastard mcguiness. Are you READY for war ? READY READY READY ! :sherlock:

<br>My only critisicsm of players leaving in this manner is that we won't get a fee for them. <br><br>I have no issues (well ..) if they leave as we will be dropping at least one division and these players have aspirations beyond that. <br><br>My issue is that I had hoped that they would re-sign and renove the low tranfer fee clause to allow the club to receive a good fee for thier services, as one last act of loyalty to the club and it's fans. <br><br>That is my sadness !!<br>
<br><br>I have to admit this is my issue with the croup who wish to leave, we are in the Position we are in because of selling Players for next to nothing ,and here we are needing finance and we are getting nothing for them.<br>They know this and some  want to leave for free as they don't give a shit now , we could get some Money for Transfer fees but the said Players want to jump ship without a transfer request..No wonder we are in the shit.

Asking players to stay on just to get a fee for them is totally unrealistic.

Put aside your support for Rangers and imagine it as club x for a moment-

You want to stay at a club but it looks like the club will realistically not be in the top tier, or, at the very least will not be able to operate to it's full potential. Would you stay on, possibly on a fairly long contract, so the club could get a transfer fee for you not knowing whether or not an offer is going to come?

First thing I wouldn't be to happy if they had just transferred my contract without talking to me first just out of courtesy. It would also destroy any trust that could possibly be formed and be wondering what's he going to stitch me with next.

After the wage drop these players took I think it is unreasonable to expect players to return just so as green can sell some of them again, likely those worth most and those who refuse to renegotiate contracts. Any fee would also effect the wages that a player could be expected to receive and if your selling a player what loyalty can you expect from them realistically.

If Green had let ally negotiate with players I think we would have come out of it far better than this underhanded stunt and the threats of legal action are just making it worse, as is McCoist statement backing Green. With great sadness I can understand how several players will be saying sod you unless some sort of reassurances are given very quickly which unfortunately I dont think rangers will be in any position to do so.

Oh and by the way calling players traitors is really going encourage them to stay isn't it people.

I knew our fans had short memories, but not this short!

McCabe took a reported 25% wage cut (along with other players), which allowed our club to finish the season.

Aluko PAID to sign for us, and is now a free agent, with no club or wage.

Wylde and Celik left, freeing up wages to ensure no redundancies.

Our squad have been amazing during admin. Most of them making huge sacrifices.

A football career only lasts around 15 years. Thats not a long time. And I for one dont blame ANY player leaving at this point. Pre season is days away, and nobody knows which, if any, league were playing in.

Very poor post imo and to call players traitors for wanting to get off a sunken ship is laughable.

The players, both young and old, did not have to take the wage reductions but they did it to help the Club and at a time when it was still very possible to save Rangers. This having failed I see no reason why any should stay if we are relegated as a punishment for past sins that were not of their making and have absolutely no problem with any who wish to leave as they did their part by playing on under all the uncertainty at a reduced rate of pay. I for one will never forget what they did to try and save the Club and thank them with all my heart for doing so.

As for Celik, what was the guy supposed to do? He signed expecting to be challenging for silverware and possibly playing in the CL only to be plunged into the nightmare scenario of administration. I think it is fair to say he was never a "loyal Rangers man" in the first place so where's the problem?

Too many people seem to believe players only think of money but what of ambition?

You sign/come through the ranks for Rangers, the top Club in Scotland, and as such are expecting to be challenging for titles, cups and at least attempting to qualify for the premier competition in Europe in the CL. Things not of your doing happen fairly quickly, your company goes bust and then there is the very real threat of relegation to the !st or 3rd division. Hardly where the best players in the country wish to find themselves playing football.

We don't know for sure if we will be playing in the 1st div yet and these men must look after their families first and foremost. Even if we are, where is the guarantee things will be "back to normal in SPL" the next season?

Things will never be "back to normal in SPL" for Rangers and our supporters EVER AGAIN. :mad:

POOR POST

Just because you do not agree with me does not mean it is a poor post. You still see departing players are our hero's and thats ok if you are under 10 years old, I see them for what they are (by the sounds of things, so does Ally McCoist) strange that!!

PAY REDUCTION

Between 25 and 75 percent reduction on massive wages for a four month period.....nice and helpful (at the time) gesture but nothing more! Taking £15k a week as an average, I think they could survive on £7500.00 per week for a few months... how did they manage?

NO REASON, WHY SHOULD THEY STAY

Its called loyalty (giving McCabe his break, giving Aluko a higher stage to perform after doing next to nothing at his four previous clubs including the mighty Aberdeen) and given the probability that we will only spend 12 months out of the SPL, its hardly a hardship over the full length of their career

CELIK

Expectation of being a Champions League player, if you saw him play I think you know that was a non-starter. He, like Wylde whom you don't mentioned, scamperred at the first sign of trouble and should be remembered for doing that and not for attempting something positive!

PLAYERS THINK OF AMBITION NOT MONEY

Who are you thinking of, are you high?

Greg Wylde - who is he playing for now? Mervan Celik - the Champions League player now at FC Nobody (not in Champions League) Some moves muted in the press like Davis to Southampton (EPL relegation fight, no silverware or Europe) McGregor to West Brom (EPL mid-table at best or relegation fight with no silverware or Europe) will move free of charge with a huge signing-on fee as no transfer fee and very good wages...............ambition, grow up!

WHATS NEXT

Might be a good idea to wait and find out where we will be playing before prostituting themselves to the highest bidder

THINGS WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN

Calm down, Rangers have gone through administration etc, nobody died!

Over a perion of the next 3-5 years Rangers will return to the top and enjoy all that brings including defeating those who wish to put us out of business currently, be fighting for silverware and titles and after 3 years playing again in Europe

So grow up, calm down and resist from slagging off other peoples opinion just for the sake of it

POOR POST

Just because you do not agree with me does not mean it is a poor post. You still see departing players are our hero's and thats ok if you are under 10 years old, I see them for what they are (by the sounds of things, so does Ally McCoist) strange that!!

PAY REDUCTION

Between 25 and 75 percent reduction on massive wages for a four month period.....nice and helpful (at the time) gesture but nothing more! Taking £15k a week as an average, I think they could survive on £7500.00 per week for a few months... how did they manage?

NO REASON, WHY SHOULD THEY STAY

Its called loyalty (giving McCabe his break, giving Aluko a higher stage to perform after doing next to nothing at his four previous clubs including the mighty Aberdeen) and given the probability that we will only spend 12 months out of the SPL, its hardly a hardship over the full length of their career

CELIK

Expectation of being a Champions League player, if you saw him play I think you know that was a non-starter. He, like Wylde whom you don't mentioned, scamperred at the first sign of trouble and should be remembered for doing that and not for attempting something positive!

PLAYERS THINK OF AMBITION NOT MONEY

Who are you thinking of, are you high?

Greg Wylde - who is he playing for now? Mervan Celik - the Champions League player now at FC Nobody (not in Champions League) Some moves muted in the press like Davis to Southampton (EPL relegation fight, no silverware or Europe) McGregor to West Brom (EPL mid-table at best or relegation fight with no silverware or Europe) will move free of charge with a huge signing-on fee as no transfer fee and very good wages...............ambition, grow up!

WHATS NEXT

Might be a good idea to wait and find out where we will be playing before prostituting themselves to the highest bidder

THINGS WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN

Calm down, Rangers have gone through administration etc, nobody died!

Over a perion of the next 3-5 years Rangers will return to the top and enjoy all that brings including defeating those who wish to put us out of business currently, be fighting for silverware and titles and after 3 years playing again in Europe

So grow up, calm down and resist from slagging off other peoples opinion just for the sake of it

The players took a wage cut so they could get a clause put in their contract that would make them and their agent more money when they leave Rangers. It wasn't some selfless act of charity.

And if they hadn't, we wouldn't have had enough money to get through the season, or people in the office staff would have been losing their jobs, etc, etc, but so easy to just forget that.

First thing I wouldn't be to happy if they had just transferred my contract without talking to me first just out of courtesy. It would also destroy any trust that could possibly be formed and be wondering what's he going to stitch me with next.

After the wage drop these players took I think it is unreasonable to expect players to return just so as green can sell some of them again, likely those worth most and those who refuse to renegotiate contracts. Any fee would also effect the wages that a player could be expected to receive and if your selling a player what loyalty can you expect from them realistically.

If Green had let ally negotiate with players I think we would have come out of it far better than this underhanded stunt and the threats of legal action are just making it worse, as is McCoist statement backing Green. With great sadness I can understand how several players will be saying sod you unless some sort of reassurances are given very quickly which unfortunately I dont think rangers will be in any position to do so.

Oh and by the way calling players traitors is really going encourage them to stay isn't it people.

Firstly you are right, under TUPE regulations the transfer should be agreed between the two parties, Green and Co should have shown more respect and even now an apology and a "let's talk" would be helpful. Agreement is best practise but is not necessary in law. Also under TUPE regulations the club have no choice but to transfer the contracts offering continuity and security for the employees

Secondly, they did take a wage drop of between 25% and 50% (average wage of £15,000 per week) and had to survive on £7,500.00 per week (average), poor souls must have really struggled but to be fair it was a nice gesture as we tried to survive via a CVA, I did note only McCoist and McCulloch offered to finish the season for nothing!!!!

Lastly, do you really think players give a flying shit what fans say?

Reality check needed here!

Since sleeping on it I've actually decided I may have been a bit harsh on the players, Sone especially.

We can't seriously expect players to be loyal if we get relegated, loyalty to a poorly run club that's got them into this situation ? Fat chance.

Firstly you are right, under TUPE regulations the transfer should be agreed between the two parties, Green and Co should have shown more respect and even now an apology and a "let's talk" would be helpful. Agreement is best practise but is not necessary in law. Also under TUPE regulations the club have no choice but to transfer the contracts offering continuity and security for the employees

Secondly, they did take a wage drop of between 25% and 50% (average wage of £15,000 per week) and had to survive on £7,500.00 per week (average), poor souls must have really struggled but to be fair it was a nice gesture as we tried to survive via a CVA, I did note only McCoist and McCulloch offered to finish the season for nothing!!!!

Lastly, do you really think players give a flying shit what fans say?

Reality check needed here!

Reality check needed indeed - but you are the one calling people traitors.

Who the fuck said anything about them being 'true bears' ? A football player does not have an obligation to stay with a club for life, anyone who thought we would have a full-strength squad brimming with talent in the third division needs their head checked.