Police intimidation of supporters in Annan?

DarcheVinny

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

H

Did you see any before, during or after the game? Were you intimidated by police?

Tell us...

Have you any idea if the septic supporters are treated in the same way as our support. Or is it just us being hounded by wee ecks storm troopers.We have to find the answer before we start to take action.

Right am gonae say something here which might be stating the obvious, but why if you know yer going in the home end would you want to wear a Rangers top anyway?

Exactly. Only ever sat in home end once years ago and ma pal got us kicked oot before the game had even kicked off at Falkirk for singing The Billy Boys :lol:

Exactly. Only ever sat in home end once years ago and ma pal got us kicked oot before the game had even kicked off at Falkirk for singing The Billy Boys :lol:

If your gonnae get kicked out for being a Rangers supporter that's the best way, fuck getting kicked out for wearing a top

I've done it at Killie, PSV and Dundee hibs, knew I was going in the home end, so knew not to wear a Rangers top even if it is under clothing! Seems pretty pointless

It can be deadly.

I remember after a match vs the bheastie bhoys at Ibrox, a Cletic supporter fell just before Copland road and his jacket burst open to reveal his finest green and grey hooped shirt.

He took a hoor of a doing before the polis got to him.

I have a cousin who lives in Dumfries who got me 2 tickets. Nothing on them to indicate home or away end. It transpired that they were for the home end. Took my scarf off as did my daughter and hid them. Went up to the turnstiles to be told that we would "need to take off our Gers T-shirts". I had my leather jacket zipped up to my neck so nothing could be seen. They couldn't see my top. My daughter had a hooded sweat top over her Gers top. Just a bit of blue collar visible, it could have been anything. Still told to take off the tops even though they couldn't be seen and even though the home end was stuffed full with Bears!! Stewards said it was police orders. My daughter had to go into one of the turnstile cubicles to take her top off as there was nowhere else for her. They gave us a carrier bag for our tops and said we would be ejected if they were put back on. An absolute disgrace with no logic whatsoever. Spoke to a police sergeant on way out about this ridiculous situation and he said it was the Annan club decision.

Letters of outrageous complaint going off in all directions on Monday.

Felt like I was in Nazi Germany Scotland in the thirties year 2012.

Fixed that for you. (tu)

This is the Scotland you have thanks to freedom-restricting arsewipes like that head-tilting little fuck Bug-Eyes Salmond and his Scottish Nazi Party stormtroopers.

No other club in Scotland has the Plod attention we have - NONE!!

Not even the one's who sing anti-British songs in praise of child-murderers.

Oh, wait a minute....anti-British? doh That suits Bug-Eyes perfectly. :mad:

Got a skelp and a sore face up at the sheepshaggers dump a few years back when only ticket I could get was for the main stand.

Think I got sussed sitting down reading my programme when they cunts scored, then going mental when we pulled one back.

Need to work harder at being a bitter, in-bred, sheep lusting wanker next time...............

I got in with a fake yesterday, I thought the police were decent enough, although this season they seem to be taking it to a whole new level to stop busses for booze. It seems you're not allowed to have any fun these days.

Also, we seem to be getting searched at every away ground we enter, I've never really encountered this at SPL grounds, not that I can remember anyway.

I would EDIT that if I were you.

You've just admitted a crime.

Oops! :rolleyes:

So in general it seems, the D&G police were as friendly and professional as they should be to innocent members of the public.

However there are two main issues, which seem to have been caused by instruction from Strathclyde Police.

1. The fans on the train(s) around 1pm, who were forced to exit the station in single file, whilst being filmed and asked for ID (despite not having committed a crime or given any indication that they were going to be violent - see 'Section 60'). Local officer stated that this instruction had come from Strathclye Police. Did any RMers experience this?

2. As you can read on page 1 of this thread, supporters were being demanded to remove clothing, even when they had made their best efforts to cover up their colours. Now I can understand why away team colours aren't wanted in the home end, but is a young girl really going to cause a football riot? By wearing Rangers colours under her hoody? Even though there will be some argument loving RM users who will say they should not have worn colours under their jackets etc, forcing children to do this is unacceptable.

What we have to ask is, were supporters Berwick Rangers subject to the same treatment at Annan train station? If not, why not? If 'Section 60' means police officers can do what they want to football fans, why would only Rangers supporters be subject to this facist-like intimidation and treatment from police officers?

Fuck me mate some folk are just looking to be offended / persecuted.

The police were quite clearly no bother yesterday compared to what they usually are at Ibrox and usual away games. A pleasant surprise.

Shouldn't be wearing away colours in the home end at any ground and people should know this.

The police were quite clearly no bother yesterday compared to what they usually are at Ibrox and usual away games. A pleasant surprise.

Shouldn't be wearing away colours in the home end at any ground and people should know this.

What happened at the train station is not acceptable though is it?

Right am gonae say something here which might be stating the obvious, but why if you know yer going in the home end would you want to wear a Rangers top anyway?

I didn't know the tickets were for the home end as it didn't say anything on the tickets. When we got to the turnstiles nobody could tell who we supported because we had no obvious colours on show. All you could see on my daughter's clothing was a bit of plain blue neckline under her hooded sweater. She had to take off her jacket, sweater then Gers top????? Put the sweater and jacket back on and the stewards gave us a carrier bag for the tops. My daughter had to undress in a turnstile cubicle. Absolutely ludicrous.

The home end was mostly Bears anyway.

Tickets didn't say home end. We had no obvious colours on show. Home end was stuffed with Bears.

It can be deadly.

I remember after a match vs the bheastie bhoys at Ibrox, a Cletic supporter fell just before Copland road and his jacket burst open to reveal his finest green and grey hooped

He took a hoor of a doing before the polis got to him.

Hope you got a good hook in Moses?

A have been going to the games home and away every week for about 6 years now and have never had any bother. Even if a did a widny be greeting aboot it like a wee daft lassie!

Seriously....is this acceptable to you?

The fans on the train(s) around 1pm, who were forced to exit the station in single file, whilst being filmed and asked for ID (despite not having committed a crime or given any indication that they were going to be violent - see 'Section 60'). Local officer stated that this instruction had come from Strathclye Police.

A have been going to the games home and away every week for about 6 years now and have never had any bother. Even if a did a widny be greeting aboot it like a wee daft lassie!

Who's gonny annoy a hairy ersed boy that disnae look like somebody that's capable o causing bother, exept mibee at the Maybole Bingo.

Seriously....is this acceptable to you?

The fans on the train(s) around 1pm, who were forced to exit the station in single file, whilst being filmed and asked for ID (despite not having committed a crime or given any indication that they were going to be violent - see 'Section 60'). Local officer stated that this instruction had come from Strathclye Police.

Wouldn't bother with that one CB. Apart from a hatred of "i" he sees nothing wrong with Plod intimidation of our support v nothing similar towards any other support, probably thinks Traynor was right re Pamplona.

6 years is a hell of a long experience to rely on though!