If they take titles should we ever go back to the SPL

stevotrueblue

251 members have voted

1. 1. If Titles are taken should we go back ?

• NO - Not in any circumstances, Let Celtic play on with meaningless record of tainted titles.
    • NO - Unless we win a court battle to have them reinstated first.
    • YES - Get back as quick as possible and retake our rightful place as the most successful club.
    • YES - But only after complete re-structure and change of those in power.
    • Undecided at this stage.

I was wondering after Charles Green's Radio interview on Clyde last week how we all feel about returning to an SPL or revamped version? He said that unless welcomed back with open arms we may refuse to go back up should we win Div 1. Furthermore he said when pressed that he would ask the fans at that time.

This Poll I would expect will change from time to time depending on how things go of course,, but I was curious as I'm sure we all are just now,,how everyone else feels about that move.

Should we, if given the choice, be happy to sacrifice euro football in order to form some sort of new lg structure of our own among the SFL Teams? Could it be the beginning of a breakaway? Would indeed the SPL survive such a move? In 3 yrs time things may be a lot different,, but as things are today how might we see the likes of TV companies such as SKY react to such a bold move?

This could be the one threat that Doncaster and his hope for future revenue could now fear the most. We all saw how with us even in Div 3 how much he needed our TV Rights to secure his precious TV deal. In 3yrs time we hold all the cards,, no more blackmailing us into allowing the cameras into our beloved stadium to help feed the SPL. We could set up our own new deal with longmuir and co. A more competitive structure of 30 teams with the biggest club in the land might sound a lot more appealing than a farce of 12 teams including the worlds worst losers.

And if we are to allow PRIDE to rule our heads, then why should we want to return? If they take just one title and give it to that lot then the whole point of their SPHell becomes a meaningless joke. Perhaps we should let them carry on. Let them carry on winning more hollow titles. Nobody who follows football would ever give their titles any real credence. By then more may be more interested in where Scotland's true most successful club is plying it's trade.

:cgreen: YES or NO

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering after Charles Green's Radio interview on Clyde last week how we all feel about returning to an SPL or revamped version? He said that unless welcomed back with open arms we may refuse to go back up should we win Div 1. Furthermore he said when pressed that he would ask the fans at that time.

This Poll I would expect will change from time to time depending on how things go of course,, but I was curious as I'm sure we all are just now,,how everyone else feels about that move.

Should we, if given the choice, be happy to sacrifice euro football in order to form some sort of new lg structure of our own among the SFL Teams? Could it be the beginning of a breakaway? Would indeed the SPL survive such a move? In 3 yrs time things may be a lot different,, but as things are today how might we see the likes of TV companies such as SKY react to such a bold move?

This could be the one threat that Doncaster and his hope for future revenue could now fear the most. We all saw how with us even in Div 3 how much he needed our TV Rights to secure his precious TV deal. In 3yrs time we hold all the cards,, no more blackmailing us into allowing the cameras into our beloved stadium to help feed the SPL. We could set up our own new deal with longmuir and co. A more competitive structure of 30 teams with the biggest club in the land might sound a lot more appealing than a farce of 12 teams including the worlds worst losers.

And if we are to allow PRIDE to rule our heads, then why should we want to return? If they take just one title and give it to that lot then the whole point of their SPHell becomes a meaningless joke. Perhaps we should let them carry on. Let them carry on winning more hollow titles. Nobody who follows football would ever give their titles any real credence. By then more may be more interested in where Scotland's true most successful club is plying it's trade.

:cgreen: YES or NO

I've gone for option 4 because it's the closest to what i think will happen - they will take the titles hastily and illegally, we will appeal as high as necessary and win, we will get our titles back and the SPL will cease to exist in it's current guise.

Us not playing in the SPL ever again whilst financially crippling the nations game actually suits our haters. With no avenue for European football or the revenue that goes with it, it makes it all the more difficult to challenge for any honours in Scotland. A dream scenario for Celtic. I don't know about anyone else but i want their Champions League spot that comes with winning the SPL title! In the European arena is where this club belongs. Being stuck in the lower divisions of Scottish football will do us no good whatsoever.

The CL is where we belong and we need to find a way of getting there preferably without being in SPL, if not then thats where we need to play.We will be holding all the aces when the time comes so just got to make sure we do it right.I,m sure CG will not let us down.

Why are you even entertaining this tarrier wet dream?

That wan't the intention. Like I said Green mentioned that we might not go back or that he would ask the fans,, just wondering what others view on that is right now. Obviously with whats going on at the mo, people will feel quite anti,, but like I said the voting will probably differ frequently,,, All opinions welcome though.

The SPL have really fucked up with this logic. Stupidity running the board from head to toe. If the go by this equation - using EBT's/Dual Contracts = Loss of honours - then what's to say the shouldn't strip second place of us ?

According to their logic, stripping titles should surely mean we were not competitive in those years ? DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE

The question could have been; "do you ever want to play in Europe again?"

Unless the SPL dies and and the SFL becomes the top league we absolutely have to return to play in Europe, now question.

Yeh good point ,, I though I was touching on that with the view of a possible break away and would the SPL even survive that. Perhaps I should have made that more clear that going down the road CG was on about might now be a total end to euro footie

for me its a yes but only if its completely restructured and sfl,spl are under the same banner.

i hate the tarriers as much as the next man but we need each other, yeah we will be fine for a couple of yrs apart but if we are always going to be in scotland we need the rivalry and competition

Only if we have all our rightfull titles and there is wholesale changes at the top of the SPL and SFA, we need to make all this count, i would cry if we went through all the shit of this year just to end up back in the SPL with the unholy trinity of lieswell o'regan and dhoncaster still running our game.

The question could have been; "do you ever want to play in Europe again?"

Unless the SPL dies and and the SFL becomes the top league we absolutely have to return to play in Europe, no question.

Exactly, the most important fact in all this hatred towards the SPL, justifiable hatred though. We need to be in European football. :)

If Green comes out and states now that if the SPL remove our titles we will refuse entry to play in it in future. THE SPL is finished, they are hanging on by the fact that we will return there some day...

I would really love us to set up our own league,teams in the spl are struggling and will eventually crash,Rangers have the biggest support in scotland,lets start our own! invite the struggling teams to join our league! except celic who will have gone home! with any luck!

If Green comes out and states now that if the SPL remove our titles we will refuse entry to play in it in future. THE SPL is finished, they are hanging on by the fact that we will return there some day...

Have said this before too mate a few times,,,and would really like to see him do just that. Throw it down at them,,They would shit it!,, not maybe in public,, but when the sanction imposed suddenly becomes a fine we would all know why.