BBC blanking the fans

BallochBear

I made a complaint to the BBC in July about their anti-Rangers bias and got a stock reply. I then asked for a proper response on Aug 13th and was told it would take time for them to formulate an answer As of today, I am still waiting a response to my 2nd complaint and have complained again. IMO they are simply hoping I will forget the issue which I won't and have made a further complaint and told them I will be contacting Ofcom if they don't respond appropriatey.

Original complaint

"Complaint Summary: Bias and inaccuracy against The Rangers F.C.

Full Complaint: Your radio and TV commentators continually refer to Rangers as "new Rangers" or "old Rangers" as and when it suits their purpose, when this is factually incorrect Rangers the football club has not changed, the holding company has. This shows extreme anti-Rangers feelings, even during match transmissions such as yesterday. As a publicly funded body I draw your attention to the following: 1.3.2 The Agreement accompanying the BBC Charter specifies that we should do all we can "to ensure that controversial subjects are treated with due accuracy and impartiality" in our news and other output dealing with matters of public policy or political or industrial controversy. It also states that our output is forbidden from expressing the opinion of the BBC on current affairs or matters of public policy, other than broadcasting or the provision of online services. The Accuracy, Impartiality and Politics, Public Policy and Polls sections of the Editorial Guidelines incorporate the BBC Trust's code as required under Paragraph 44 (5) of the Agreement, giving guidance as to the rules to be observed in connection with Paragraphs 44(1) to 44(4) of the Agreement." The facts are: Lord Glennie has stated that the holding company operates the football club The SFA has stated that a new holding company is operating the football club. The SFL have acknowledged us as being the original club on their website. The football club born in 1872 pre-dates the holding company of 1899."

Their reply

"Thank you for your comments about Rangers which were passed to the Sports Editor who’s asked that we forward his response as follows:

"Thank you for sharing your concerns.

“It's important for the BBC's audience that a clear distinction is made between the former Rangers company and the new company owned by Charles Green's consortium - and the football entity formerly known as ‘Rangers FC’.

“The Scottish Football Association has confirmed to BBC Scotland that a conditional club membership has been registered by Charles Green's Sevco (Scotland) Ltd, and for sporting purposes will be referred to as ‘Rangers Football Club’. The company formerly known as ‘The Rangers Football Club PLC’ is currently in administration and will inevitably be liquidated.

“The parent company owned by Charles Green is currently registered with Companies House as ‘Sevco (Scotland) Ltd.’ - this is the company which Mr Green claims has purchased all of Rangers' assets - purportedly including Ibrox Stadium, Murray Park, the Albion St car park, the player registrations and the club's membership of the Scottish Football Association and its share in the Scottish Premier League.

“At a meeting on Monday 4 July 2012, the SPL voted unanimously to reject an application to transfer the old company's share in the SPL to Mr Green's Sevco. Subsequently, Sevco applied for membership of the Scottish Football League, and, following a vote at Hampden on Friday 13 July, was accepted into the SFL setup. Also at that vote, Sevco was refused entry to SFL Division One, but was offered a place in SFL Division Three - and, subject to Scottish Football Association approval, the newco will start life in the SFL Third Division. At this stage, Sevco has only reached an agreement in principle to participate in the Scottish Football League Third Division - as it has only been granted a conditional SFA licence.

“Given this, in the interests of clarity for the audience, BBC Scotland will continue to make the distinction between off-field and on-field activity in relation to the newco, where appropriate, in order to accurately reflect the legal status of the parent company and the football registration status of the club.

“Our position, in sporting terms, from this point is that Rangers will be referred to as Rangers.

“The Rangers story, which is fast-moving and complicated even for those who follow it most closely, is one that needs to be told fairly and clearly and I believe that our journalism is well up to that task.”

We hope this information is helpful and thanks again for taking the time to contact us."

My response

"Complaint Summary: Original complaint not answered

Full Complaint: My original complaint referred to issues surrounding the constant use of different names by BBC commentators to suit their obviously biased agenda and inaccuracies in their comments. I quoted part of the BBC charter referring to accuracy of content which has not been answered. Your reply is quite simply not acceptable. This is a standard reply attributed to Stuart Webb, who and what is his position in the corporation? This standard response in no way addresses any of the issues I raised and to receive what I know to be a standard Email response is beyond the pale. The response also quotes a decision going back to July 4th this year, this is now out dated and shows the contempt your organisation has for the licence payer. For your information on 1st August, 3 days before I was replied to, Sevco Scotland changed its name, you can look up what to before replying again. Also Rangers now have a full licence, this was granted on 3rd August, again before my reply was sent, even more evidence of inaccuracy and contempt. Why on earth you feel the need to distinguish between the football club and the holding company is beyond me, I have never heard of anyone discussing both when referring to any other football club or entity."

Their reply

"Your Reference CAS-1613444-RSXFBR

Thank you for taking time to contact us again. We are sorry that you were not satisfied with our earlier response to your complaint and appreciate that you felt strongly enough to contact us again about the matter.

In these circumstances we do not undertake to reply within 10 days although we will of course respond further to you as soon as we can. The time taken depends on the nature of the issue, how many other complaints we have to investigate and it can also be affected by practical issues, such as whether a production team is available or away on location.

For these reasons we ask you not to contact us further in the meantime and apologise if you experience any delay. This is an automatic email sent from an account which is not monitored so you cannot reply to this address. However if it does prove necessary to contact us, for example if you experience continued delay, please use our webform and quote any case number we provided.

You can read more information about the complaints process and how we act on complaints at www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

The complaints procedure is available at:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctrust/assets/files/pdf/regulatory_framework/protocols/2011/e3_editorial_complaints.pdf

We appreciate your patience in awaiting a response."

My complaint of today

"Complaint Summary: Reply to CAS-1599504-HH1Y1M‏ & CAS-1613444-RSXFBR‏

Full Complaint: Been waiting for 6 weeks for a response to my follow up complaint, you have 2 weeks to respond or I go to Ofcom, this looks like more anti-Rangers moves hoping I will forget my complaint but it will not go away so as a tax and licence payer I demand a concise response."

Question is should I just let this go or carry on chasing them for an answer?

:cgreen: :cgreen: :cgreen: :cgreen: :cgreen: :cgreen:

Well just to let let u guys know the BBC replied to MY complaint about wed night ---- It doesn't mean alot but it wasn't the blanket one giving out through the media was it? doh

Dear

Thank you for your comments, which were passed to the Head of Sport, who has asked that I forward his response as follows:

“We are sorry if anyone took offence at the title sequence for Wednesday night’s Sportscene programme. It was certainly not our intention.

The sequence in question drew on elements of the opening titles to a popular TV drama series and was intended, in the context of our titles, to reflect the differing fortunes of the two teams taking part.

Thank you, once again, for taking the time to contact us.”

Details of the BBC complaints process are available online at http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/handle.shtml

Kind Regards

BBC Complaints

www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

NB This is sent from an outgoing account only which is not monitored. You cannot reply to this email address but if necessary please contact us via our webform quoting any case number we provided.

This was from London HQ not Glasgow branch office north :bullshit - Copy:

I made a complaint to the BBC in July about their anti-Rangers bias

Rather than complaining to the BBC who I doubt will do anything, I think we should be contacting OfCom who are external to the BBC and are more likely to take things seriously their web address is:

https://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/tell-us/specific-programme-epg

I'm currently trying to compose someting to mail them. I think if the get a several thousand complaints they may take some action. So mail their address around any other forums, fan groups or friend for max impact.

Rather than complaining to the BBC who I doubt will do anything, I think we should be contacting OfCom who are external to the BBC and are more likely to take things seriously their web address is:

https://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/tell-us/specific-programme-epg

I'm currently trying to compose someting to mail them. I think if the get a several thousand complaints they may take some action. So mail their address around any other forums, fan groups or friend for max impact.

Just to make you aware friend Ofcom don't deal in individual complaints more or less they just count them up and send them as a bundle to the BBC with a note saying this has been noted in our annual statistics against your company I know this due to dealing with them over a BT complaint :21:

I made a complaint to the BBC in July about their anti-Rangers bias and got a stock reply. I then asked for a proper response on Aug 13th and was told it would take time for them to formulate an answer As of today, I am still waiting a response to my 2nd complaint and have complained again. IMO they are simply hoping I will forget the issue which I won't and have made a further complaint and told them I will be contacting Ofcom if they don't respond appropriatey.

Original complaint

Full Complaint: Your radio and TV commentators continually refer to Rangers as "new Rangers" or "old Rangers" as and when it suits their purpose, when this is factually incorrect Rangers the football club has not changed, the holding company has. This shows extreme anti-Rangers feelings, even during match transmissions such as yesterday. As a publicly funded body I draw your attention to the following: 1.3.2 The Agreement accompanying the BBC Charter specifies that we should do all we can "to ensure that controversial subjects are treated with due accuracy and impartiality" in our news and other output dealing with matters of public policy or political or industrial controversy. It also states that our output is forbidden from expressing the opinion of the BBC on current affairs or matters of public policy, other than broadcasting or the provision of online services. The Accuracy, Impartiality and Politics, Public Policy and Polls sections of the Editorial Guidelines incorporate the BBC Trust's code as required under Paragraph 44 (5) of the Agreement, giving guidance as to the rules to be observed in connection with Paragraphs 44(1) to 44(4) of the Agreement." The facts are: Lord Glennie has stated that the holding company operates the football club The SFA has stated that a new holding company is operating the football club. The SFL have acknowledged us as being the original club on their website. The football club born in 1872 pre-dates the holding company of 1899."

Their reply

"Thank you for your comments about Rangers which were passed to the Sports Editor who’s asked that we forward his response as follows:

“It's important for the BBC's audience that a clear distinction is made between the former Rangers company and the new company owned by Charles Green's consortium - and the football entity formerly known as ‘Rangers FC’.

“The Scottish Football Association has confirmed to BBC Scotland that a conditional club membership has been registered by Charles Green's Sevco (Scotland) Ltd, and for sporting purposes will be referred to as ‘Rangers Football Club’. The company formerly known as ‘The Rangers Football Club PLC’ is currently in administration and will inevitably be liquidated.

“The parent company owned by Charles Green is currently registered with Companies House as ‘Sevco (Scotland) Ltd.’ - this is the company which Mr Green claims has purchased all of Rangers' assets - purportedly including Ibrox Stadium, Murray Park, the Albion St car park, the player registrations and the club's membership of the Scottish Football Association and its share in the Scottish Premier League.

“At a meeting on Monday 4 July 2012, the SPL voted unanimously to reject an application to transfer the old company's share in the SPL to Mr Green's Sevco. Subsequently, Sevco applied for membership of the Scottish Football League, and, following a vote at Hampden on Friday 13 July, was accepted into the SFL setup. Also at that vote, Sevco was refused entry to SFL Division One, but was offered a place in SFL Division Three - and, subject to Scottish Football Association approval, the newco will start life in the SFL Third Division. At this stage, Sevco has only reached an agreement in principle to participate in the Scottish Football League Third Division - as it has only been granted a conditional SFA licence.

“Given this, in the interests of clarity for the audience, BBC Scotland will continue to make the distinction between off-field and on-field activity in relation to the newco, where appropriate, in order to accurately reflect the legal status of the parent company and the football registration status of the club.

“Our position, in sporting terms, from this point is that Rangers will be referred to as Rangers.

“The Rangers story, which is fast-moving and complicated even for those who follow it most closely, is one that needs to be told fairly and clearly and I believe that our journalism is well up to that task.”

We hope this information is helpful and thanks again for taking the time to contact us."

My response

Full Complaint: My original complaint referred to issues surrounding the constant use of different names by BBC commentators to suit their obviously biased agenda and inaccuracies in their comments. I quoted part of the BBC charter referring to accuracy of content which has not been answered. Your reply is quite simply not acceptable. This is a standard reply attributed to Stuart Webb, who and what is his position in the corporation? This standard response in no way addresses any of the issues I raised and to receive what I know to be a standard Email response is beyond the pale. The response also quotes a decision going back to July 4th this year, this is now out dated and shows the contempt your organisation has for the licence payer. For your information on 1st August, 3 days before I was replied to, Sevco Scotland changed its name, you can look up what to before replying again. Also Rangers now have a full licence, this was granted on 3rd August, again before my reply was sent, even more evidence of inaccuracy and contempt. Why on earth you feel the need to distinguish between the football club and the holding company is beyond me, I have never heard of anyone discussing both when referring to any other football club or entity."

Their reply

Thank you for taking time to contact us again. We are sorry that you were not satisfied with our earlier response to your complaint and appreciate that you felt strongly enough to contact us again about the matter.

In these circumstances we do not undertake to reply within 10 days although we will of course respond further to you as soon as we can. The time taken depends on the nature of the issue, how many other complaints we have to investigate and it can also be affected by practical issues, such as whether a production team is available or away on location.

For these reasons we ask you not to contact us further in the meantime and apologise if you experience any delay. This is an automatic email sent from an account which is not monitored so you cannot reply to this address. However if it does prove necessary to contact us, for example if you experience continued delay, please use our webform and quote any case number we provided.

You can read more information about the complaints process and how we act on complaints at www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctrust/assets/files/pdf/regulatory_framework/protocols/2011/e3_editorial_complaints.pdf

My complaint of today

Full Complaint: Been waiting for 6 weeks for a response to my follow up complaint, you have 2 weeks to respond or I go to Ofcom, this looks like more anti-Rangers moves hoping I will forget my complaint but it will not go away so as a tax and licence payer I demand a concise response."

Have a look at this page on the OFCOM website

http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/tell-us/tv-and-radio/

Don't know if a complaint to them would do any good but if complaining to BBC isn't getting anywhere what do you have to lose?

If you do get anywhere then let us know and we'll all complain through them.

Great effort anyway, keep up the good work!

Dont write to the bbc, write to Mr.Green asking them to be banned, then start a petition asking for bbc scotland to be disbanded and the money used for more Gaelic speaking programs as that way we wont need to listen to their shite.

Fuck that mate. Gaelic is one of my pet peevs. We shouldn't be spending money to appease less than 1% of the population.

Original complaint

Their reply

My response

Their reply

My complaint of today

Offcom is only way bud .They don't give a fuck .They are rancid in there hate for us and probably frame the complaints .Please don't bother contacting them again as your just wasting your time

You can't boycott the TV Licence but you can withhold payment in protest and boy do we have reason.No good doing it on your own,you need a significant number with you.If you're happy with the outcome then you repay what you owe. :craphead:

Can we organise this? rm has a significant amount of posters! its a start!

Dont write to the bbc, write to Mr.Green asking them to be banned, then start a petition asking for bbc scotland to be disbanded and the money used for more Gaelic speaking programs as that way we wont need to listen to their shite.

What is Fuck the Pope in Gaelic?

Same Corrupt lying BBC from years ago!

A lot of people know this, think it started with their reporting on the miners strike, sickening reports and cover ups

BBC Corrupt scum, no one has had any respect for them or their reporting for years

Fuck the BBC, SFA, SPL and while im at it, fuck salmond and the SNP

Rant over.

I've just had another reply from them, going back to a complaint I made at the end of July about their biased coverage. (it was in relation to CG's 'bigotry' comments).

Their first response just told me I was wrong, so I renewed the complaint, and have had two 'we're still investigating' holding e-mails.

No idea if that means it has gone to a different department to review or what, but certainly don't expect to wait 2 months to be told that they haven't looked into it more.

I don't even care that people on the programmes have opinions that we don't like, it is just that there is never any scope for any sort of different perspective, not ever anyone making an argument for us, ever, which is very un-BBC charter.