Vanguard Guys buy Headstone for Pioneer

North Rd

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was it not badly needing restored, i thought i seen on here couple year back that the club was looking to do something with it but dont think anything came of it

The headstone at the plot were Moses rests is in pretty bad shape,he is not even mentioned on it.The last time I was in Roseneath I spoke to the local councillor who was keen to do something and had spoken to Sandy Jardine about a lasting memorial but was worried that the orcs would damage any memorials,but he was going to bring it up at the next meeting of the council

do we know if any of the pioneers have great grandsons or gradnsons who are currently rangers fans?

how great would it be if your gradnfather was a gallant pioneer.

I've done a lot of digging on my family tree and I know I have McNeils from the west coast in my past but try as I might I can't find the slightest link to Moses and Peter.

The headstone at the plot were Moses rests is in pretty bad shape,he is not even mentioned on

it.The last time I was in Roseneath I spoke to the local councillor who was keen to do something and had spoken to Sandy Jardine about a lasting memorial but was worried that the orcs would damage any memorials,but he was going to bring it up at the next meeting of the council

cheers for info mate, if you hear of anymore in future keep us posted. i'm sure there are a few on here who wouldnt mind putting there hands in there pocket if it came down to cash.

I've done a lot of digging on my family tree and I know I have McNeils from the west coast in my past but try as I might I can't find the slightest link to Moses and Peter.

surely they must be easy to find - they were alive 140 years ago.

my uncle dida family tree and found ancestors dating a few hundred years back from all sorts of countries. Surely somone has a family tree with a founder in it.

The plot and headstone were finished over a year ago (Probably longer) We could only go ahead with the purchase, after discussions with the local council and after finding out William McBeath had no living ancestors. There is another body in the original Paupers grave, so that also had to be taken into consideration. As for other Gallant Pioneers graves, this is more difficult, as they have living ancestors who would need to give permission for an overhaul and new stone etc.

Lincoln council were fantastic and now include the grave in historical tours of the Cathedral and surrounding area.

I see now,just ignore my other post people.I should have read the whole thread.lol

The headstone at the plot were Moses rests is in pretty bad shape,he is not even mentioned on it.The last time I was in Roseneath I spoke to the local councillor who was keen to do something and had spoken to Sandy Jardine about a lasting memorial but was worried that the orcs would damage any memorials,but he was going to bring it up at the next meeting of the council

See this is a crying shame,why can't the Rfff come in and try and get his burial site up to a proper standard,after all he is one of our founding members.If it wasn't for Moses and the other 3 founding members we would not have a football team never mind a Rangers football forum to post our opinions on.

The graves was for paupers, so in those days, they would put more than one body in the grave. We know the other person was a female, but that's all we know. Unfortunatelt, McBeath worked in a poor house in his latter years.

I know what it means now,see my earlier post(tu)