Ibrox: Open for every game next Season?

Who remembers the times when Ibrox has been opened on things like European nights when people can't make it abroad, some times Rangers have opened Ibrox and allowed fans in for a small-fee to watch the game on the screens?

Well as Ibrox has just had new GIANT Screens fitted, I think Rangers could really be onto a money-earner next season if they open Ibrox on away games aswell, Think about it - These little grounds don't hold much in terms of capacity and alot of fans still want to watch their team; Rangers could charge a small-fee for letting fans into Ibrox (having only a couple of stands open) and allow fans to watch the games on these new screens - Not only would they make money from the small admission charge to Ibrox, but they'd make money on food at half-time etc, and surrounding Rangers pubs at Ibrox would also make some cash.

We'd make profit on ticket sales for those going to the away games & for those coming to Ibrox to watch it on the screens & hospitaility etc.

Thoughts?

I like the idea. There's no better place to watch Rangers than at Ibrox and it would be great to be able to say that I've watched Rangers away from home, whilst being at home!

The only time I've done it was for the uefa cup final!

I'd understand it would need a vast amount of organising though.

Maybe for the bigger games!

Could open Bar 72 or some of the other function suites for away games like we did with the dundeehibs game. £5 entrance with a pie and pint seems reasonable. Dont think opening the stadium to watch the big screens for away games would work with the exception of the biggest games (like the UEFA cup final).

I remember going to a beam back when we played some Russian team and there were two screens in the centre circle. All I remember was being in the govan and people running across the track from the broomloan cos they couldn't see. Im sure it was the Russian team that michelichenko played for before he signed for us. I think we beat them over to legs

Guest Andypendek

I would hope the redevelopment of Edmiston House would include provision for this.

It's a no brainer: get @1,000 Bears on club property and sell them food and drink for 2-3 hours. Easy money.

But do it right! No horse-burgers at £5 a go. Real food, half decent drink, well policed. LIke I say, easy money.

I remember going to a beam back when we played some Russian team and there were two screens in the centre circle. All I remember was being in the govan and people running across the track from the broomloan cos they couldn't see. Im sure it was the Russian team that michelichenko played for before he signed for us. I think we beat them over to legs

If games were played during the summer and you could geta few pints, i could see myself doing it at least a couple times a season, unfortunately that isnt and wont be the case.