Free BT Sport with BT Broadband

bluepeter

On your Sky box, BT TV, App or online player. Free for all new or existing BT Broadband customers.

10 Rangers matches;

38 English Premiership matches (18 top picks);

Europa League;

FA Cup;

World Football;

30 SPL matches ( :sleep1: );

Rugby, UFC, Women's tennis ( :drool: ), MotoGP, Red Bull Sports.

Also, sign up by 1st August for free HD for a year: http://www.bt.com/sport/

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit of help please Bears...what do I need for this free BT Sport?

Ive got BT broadband for my laptop and a tv with freeview built in.

I admit it...I havent a clue !!! :blush:

You will get it for free if you have BT broadband, on your pc, laptop etc.

I've been looking at this today

I've currently got....

sky tv base package, espn, HD, documentaries & kids

Sky phone line rental and free evening & weekend calls

Unlimited broadband

All that for 72quid per month. Quite pricey IMO

If I switch to BT lock stock and barrel I'd pay 38quid per month inc line rental, bt sport, free evening & weekend calls and that fibre optic broadband. I'd miss the documentaries to be fair and the kids channel bring silence to my house lol.

Too much of a saving not to consider. I'm not taking sky sports, I've done without it just fine this season. RFC are hardly on it anyways

I've been looking at this today

I've currently got....

sky tv base package, espn, HD, documentaries & kids

Sky phone line rental and free evening & weekend calls

Unlimited broadband

All that for 72quid per month. Quite pricey IMO

If I switch to BT lock stock and barrel I'd pay 38quid per month inc line rental, bt sport, free evening & weekend calls and that fibre optic broadband. I'd miss the documentaries to be fair and the kids channel bring silence to my house lol.

Too much of a saving not to consider. I'm not taking sky sports, I've done without it just fine this season. RFC are hardly on it anyways

I can't justify paying more than £8 quid for unlimited internet. Regardless of package i am still getting better broadband than i had with BT. And the savings equal out over the packages etc. I would rather be paying for sky channels than freeview tbh.

Bt broadband is still in the dark ages in some parts of Glasgow. I will subscribe through Sky and still save money ... no brainer.

I changed from TalkTalk to BT recently, my internet speed has doubled and I'm saving money. I also just removed Movies and Sports from Sky, which I only had to get the 3D stuff. Turns out 3D is now free with HD :)

We pay Virgin £120 for the full package but I have been looking at BT. Only thing putting me off is the shit broadband speeds - we are on 120mb just now but would drop to 6mb with BT (Infinity due here in 2014)

I changed from TalkTalk to BT recently, my internet speed has doubled and I'm saving money. I also just removed Movies and Sports from Sky, which I only had to get the 3D stuff. Turns out 3D is now free with HD :)

It's a personal decision thing. With BT in this area i was getting less than 1Mbps with Sky i am getting up to 15 mbps. I live in the suburbs with with very few houses around though, so probably no chance of BT doing work here for yonks.

I ain't a fan of sky but they offer the best service in my area atm.

I have BT broadband but don't take Sky Sports. Nor did I take ESPN. As I understood it BT is replacing ESPN and that in Scotland the deal was for the SPL only. So if there are Rangers games then it would appear to mean that BT has interited whatever deal ESPN had to televise Rangers games. And on that basis the SPL still benefits from Rangers games being shown because, I'm assuming, when BT bought into this with the SPL the fee the SPL gets is boosted because of the viewing appeal of Rangers. Put differently, if Rangers' games were not being televised by BT, would the fee to the SPL be less? At some point that deal will expire and will beg the question - will anyone other than Rangers itself be able to exercise any contractual right to televise Rangers games. Still waiting for the Rangers strategy on future media rights and televising of games to be unveiled.

In the meantime, the games may be available to me on BT broadband but I'm very far from happy that the money will flow to the SPL from BT as a result of BT televising Rangers games. The way I see it right now is the more BT persuades people to sign up to BT broadband (which is of course revenue for BT) = money flowing to the SPL as a direct result of televising Rangers games: the very clubs who booted us out of the SPL.

I have BT broadband but don't take Sky Sports. Nor did I take ESPN. As I understood it BT is replacing ESPN and that in Scotland the deal was for the SPL only. So if there are Rangers games then it would appear to mean that BT has interited whatever deal ESPN had to televise Rangers games. And on that basis the SPL still benefits from Rangers games being shown because, I'm assuming, when BT bought into this with the SPL the fee the SPL gets is boosted because of the viewing appeal of Rangers. Put differently, if Rangers' games were not being televised by BT, would the fee to the SPL be less? At some point that deal will expire and will beg the question - will anyone other than Rangers itself be able to exercise any contractual right to televise Rangers games. Still waiting for the Rangers strategy on future media rights and televising of games to be unveiled.

In the meantime, the games may be available to me on BT broadband but I'm very far from happy that the money will flow to the SPL from BT as a result of BT televising Rangers games. The way I see it right now is the more BT persuades people to sign up to BT broadband (which is of course revenue for BT) = money flowing to the SPL as a direct result of televising Rangers games: the very clubs who booted us out of the SPL.

That's looking at it quite deep. :lol:

Is it? We've got all the channels because I thought we had to so we could get 3D! A wee phone call to Sky tomorrow I think! Thanks BP

BT broadband is pish......watching football from it will be an horrendous experience......take virgin broadband any day of the week over all the others and if you want free sport.....stream it via your virgin BB connection that's twice the speed of the rest.....also the hidden catch with BT is that you still have to pay circa £15 line rental.....so it isn't free at all really......marketting at its best scamming the meak!

BT broadband is pish......watching football from it will be an horrendous experience......take virgin broadband any day of the week over all the others and if you want free sport.....stream it via your virgin BB connection that's twice the speed of the rest.....also the hidden catch with BT is that you still have to pay circa £15 line rental.....so it isn't free at all really......marketting at its best scamming the meak!

Your fucking boiling sir what department in sky do you work in?

Is it? We've got all the channels because I thought we had to so we could get 3D! A wee phone call to Sky tomorrow I think! Thanks BP

Check with them, but I got an email through a couple of days ago about it. Not sure if it's started yet.