Free BT Sport with BT Broadband

bluepeter

Your fucking boiling sir what department in sky do you work in?

lol no I just had BT broadband which was worse than useless....went to virgin and have 120mb which is lightening speed and the video streams are just like watching TV!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BT broadband is pish......watching football from it will be an horrendous experience......take virgin broadband any day of the week over all the others and if you want free sport.....stream it via your virgin BB connection that's twice the speed of the rest.....also the hidden catch with BT is that you still have to pay circa £15 line rental.....so it isn't free at all really......marketting at its best scamming the meak!

Thats great mate if you've got a cable up yer street, if you ain't the best is BT.. :huh:

lol no I just had BT broadband which was worse than useless....went to virgin and have 120mb which is lightening speed and the video streams are just like watching TV!

Ha just kidding on. Yeah streaming at that speed is just as good and saves you cash.

Aye,they gave us ESPN to compensate for Setanta folding,what will they do now BT have taken over ESPN's deal?

When I phones and asked them the told me they had nothing planned regarding BT sports. That might change of people start cancelling etc.

Might give this a go, we have SkySports and ESPN for any Gers games and a shitty TalkTalk broadband system. Been with BT before but had nothing but bother.

Have SkySports, ESPN and BT Sport agreed on Scottish games yet or just BT? I heard that ESPN were being scrapped by the EPL. Surely we won't have to subscribe to 3 packages to get Rangers games?

On your Sky box, BT TV, App or online player. Free for all new or existing BT Broadband customers.

10 Rangers matches;

38 English Premiership matches (18 top picks);

Europa League;

FA Cup;

World Football;

30 SPL matches ( :sleep1: );

Rugby, UFC, Women's tennis ( :drool: ), MotoGP, Red Bull Sports.

Also, sign up by 1st August for free HD for a year: http://www.bt.com/sport/

If you already have BT broadband can you still get the free HD for a year?

On your Sky box, BT TV, App or online player. Free for all new or existing BT Broadband customers.

10 Rangers matches;

38 English Premiership matches (18 top picks);

Europa League;

FA Cup;

World Football;

30 SPL matches ( :sleep1: );

Rugby, UFC, Women's tennis ( :drool: ), MotoGP, Red Bull Sports.

Also, sign up by 1st August for free HD for a year: http://www.bt.com/sport/

If they cover the sheep dog trials i'm getting it in.

A bit more info on bt sport,

Setanta and ESPN couldn't make UK footie TV work. How will BT Sport?

By giving it all away? Um, let's take a look

By Andrew Orlowski • Get more from this author

Posted in Media, 10th May 2013 14:17 GMT

Free whitepaper – The Total Economic Impact of IBM System z

Having acquired the TV rights to top-flight sports for £736m, BT is to give much of it away to its broadband punters at no extra cost - or indeed to anyone who wants to pony up just a few quid a week.

Last year, the telco shelled out millions for the rights to show 38 Premier league football matches live over a three-year period. Meanwhile, BSkyB paid £2.28bn for 116 games. Between them, that's 70 per cent more dosh than the last time the telly rights came up, a windfall for the top-drawer clubs.

BT also acquired Premiership Rugby rights in 2012 and acquired ESPN's UK and Irish channels in February this year, giving it the rights to show footie from Germany, France, Italy and Brazil, among other sports - plus 176 matches from the Europa League, which is less of a football competition and more of an endurance test for reserve team squad players at mid-ranking European clubs. Recent winners include Shakhtar Donetsk and Zenit St Petersburg.

The corporation said it will undercut arch-rival Sky in pubs, hotels and commercial premises. But the decision to show the material to paid-up subscribers with no additional fees is the oddest part of a complicated stack of tariffs and options, which were announced yesterday.

BT Sport viewers will need fibre broadband and a YouView box to see the games in high definition. This HD option will cost an extra £3 a month, but BT will waive this fee for a year if one signs up before the start of August. For standard definition coverage, you'll have to make do with BT's broadband and Vision+ box, so long as you pay a tenner for an access card.

But what if you're an early adopter and bought your own YouView box? Tough. BT says only its YouView boxes are eligible for the "free" BT Sport channel - you'll need to pay a tenner a month if you use YouView gear branded by someone else. BT YouView owners will also need to do a software upgrade. Daunted? You're forgiven.

For non-BT internet subscribers, you can get BT Sport by paying £15 a month for HD transmissions via a suitable Sky box, or £12 for standard definition. There will also be an app for PCs, smartphones and fondleslabs.

You won't be allowed to watch the matches in multiple rooms in your home, and if you have BT and Sky you can't work around this restriction.

And the economics? BT is wading into an arena where Setanta, ITV Digital and ESPN have tried and failed. BT Sport says it's "all about broadband", which even if we take at face value, means it's spending big - on rights and marketing - to retain existing broadband customers let alone gain new ones. Its new sports channel lacks depth to lure Sky triple-play punters (those with combined broadband, TV and landline packages) away from Sky's broader service. And BT's implementation, with a confusing tangle of options, leaves much to be desired.

Are there enough semi-interested football fans - remember the real enthusiasts already have Sky - prepared to mull switching to BT? Perhaps, if BT Sport is complemented by other offerings such as movies and drama. Partial sport coverage may not be enough to move the needle either way.

Can someone clarify this for me because someone told me its only free for a year even I you have BT is this right?

Will it just be £15 to bt customers after?

No, it's free for ever (as it currently stands) with BT Broadband. The "free for a year" is the HD bit, after a year you may have to pay a fee to have HD, but you'll still get the BT Sport for free: http://www.bt.com/sport/3-ways-to-watch-bt-sport.html

I have bt broadband, do i have to view bt sport through the internet?

No, it's free for ever (as it currently stands) with BT Broadband. The "free for a year" is the HD bit, after a year you may have to pay a fee to have HD, but you'll still get the BT Sport for free: http://www.bt.com/sp...h-bt-sport.html

Thanks Blue peter just clocked the link to the website.