Midfield/defense next season

OzGers

With seemingly our frontline sorted for the next few seasons, ally must now focus on the critical areas of defense and midfield, which are arguably our weaknesses. Personally, I'd be happy to get law and peralta in midfield to play along side McLeod, but I'm not sure about defense. I'd like to see luca given more game time, perhaps along with an experienced head like bikey? If we get get those 3, complimented by our youth, I'd be confident we have enough in on "frees" then look to strengthen in the market next season when we can actually buy, rather than filling the team with average free agents this window. Thoughts?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the middle of the park is a massive concern tbh. The return of MacLeod is huge news and I think Shiels & Black will both come back as more settled players now they have a season under their belts.

If we add Law we are well covered in that area and I don't see the need for that Parleta.

At the back I think an experienced head is a must. I would probably plump for Zaliukus. Not ideal but he would do a good job for a couple of years.

I don't think the middle of the park is a massive concern tbh. The return of MacLeod is huge news and I think Shiels & Black will both come back as more settled players now they have a season under their belts.

If we add Law we are well covered in that area and I don't see the need for that Parleta.

At the back I think an experienced head is a must. I would probably plump for Zaliukus. Not ideal but he would do a good job for a couple of years.

This. Add Hateley for RB and you have a decent back four there:

Hateley McCulloch Zaliukas Wallace

I'd like to see Murray Davidson signed up alongside Nicky Law, these are SPL players with their best days well ahead of them and would add urgency and aggression to the midfield.

I'd also love to see Rangers going for Paul McGowan, the Tims were a bit to quick to get rid of him and I think that would be great motivation to the lad

I'd like to see Murray Davidson signed up alongside Nicky Law, these are SPL players with their best days well ahead of them and would add urgency and aggression to the midfield.

I'd also love to see Rangers going for Paul McGowan, the Tims were a bit to quick to get rid of him and I think that would be great motivation to the lad

we heard you the first time mat and no to your players Davidson rejected us twice ans Mcgowan wouldnt join us imo.

No chance imo, he'll be too busy jumping around with his inbred mates at Easter Road.

not sure if I like shiels in the middle but point taken, I think we could utilize some of our younger players like Stoney and Walsh to compliment black/McLeod/Hutton/hopefully law

not sure if I like shiels in the middle but point taken, I think we could utilize some of our younger players like Stoney and Walsh to compliment black/McLeod/Hutton/hopefully law

I don't think he would work in a two man midfield, but I think he'd do a job off a front man if we keep with the 4-5-1/4-3-3 formation.

No chance imo, he'll be too busy jumping around with his inbred mates at Easter Road.

I dont think he'll go to Hibs but I also don't think he'd come to Rangers but he's a cracking player and the standard of player and age of player I think the club should be striving for

I wouldn't call Sheils a midfield option. He plays just behind a striker/strikers in that hole. That's where he's most effective. You can't really play Shiels anywhere else because he just moves in to that area anyway.

If Rangers get Law the midfield will be more than good enough. We already have Templeton, Black (who won't be benched on that money), McLeod, McKay and Aird who will be pushing for a game. I have a feeling Little or Clark might end up in midfield too.

People keep mentioning Luca G even though he's only played a handful of games. Is this because he's rated on FM2013? Serious question.

I don't see why we'd bring in Bikey either. We still don't know if Bocanegra and Goian are going to leave. I hope they will but one might decide to stay and dig his heels in. We still have Cribari and he's not going anywhere and mosy likely wont be benched either. Hegarty, Perry, Luga G and Faure are trying to get a game in there. Some are even suggesting McCulloch and/or Daly will even be playing at CB for th next season or two. We shouldn't bring in another CB unless it's a player of quality who will really improve us in that position.

I wouldn't call Sheils a midfield option. He plays just behind a striker/strikers in that hole. That's where he's most effective. You can't really play Shiels anywhere else because he just moves in to that area anyway.

If Rangers get Law the midfield will be more than good enough. We already have Templeton, Black (who won't be benched on that money), McLeod, McKay and Aird who will be pushing for a game. I have a feeling Little or Clark might end up in midfield too.

People keep mentioning Luca G even though he's only played a handful of games. Is this because he's rate on FM2013? Serious questiom.

I don't see why we'd bring in Bikey either. We still don't know if Bocanegra and Goian are going to leave. I hope they will but one might decide to stay and dig his heels in. We still hav Cribari and he's not going anywhere. Hegarty, Perry, and Faure are trying to get a game in there. Some are even suggesting McCulloch and/or Daly will even be playing at CB. We don't need to be adding more CBs just for the sake of numbers. We should wait until a quality CB becomes available (even if it's in another window) then go for him.

not a bad shout, forgot about nova and goian and would be happy with either to compliment our current CBS. With jig and daly also Capable playing there I would suggest we have enough for a few seasons. However, in respect of luca, I would really like to see him get a chance. We are in a unique position in that we can blood youngsters alongside seasoned pros/internationals and from what I've seen of Luca, there is a player there and we should use this season to bring him through

not a bad shout, forgot about nova and goian and would be happy with either to compliment our current CBS. With jig and daly also Capable playing there I would suggest we have enough for a few seasons. However, in respect of luca, I would really like to see him get a chance. We are in a unique position in that we can blood youngsters alongside seasoned pros/internationals and from what I've seen of Luca, there is a player there and we should use this season to bring him through

The more established players we bring in the less opportunities the youth will get. Next season Luca, Faure, Hegarty, and Perry should all be given game time so we can see if they're going to make it or not. If we're not going to blood youngsters now then we never will. I'd hate to see us bring in a Bikey or Zaliukus for 2 seasons while our youth rot on the bench.

It was them singing it at a game he was at with him standing there smiling.

Tricky one then.

I'd say sign him and make a proddy (I know, such a bad word to some of the wee pantie sniffers on here) song up for him and get him smiling away to that as he runs our midfield and making the taigs sick at the same time.