Prior: Rangers Exec's on Crazy Money

Ace

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, let me get this straight, he's spent £400,000 of his own dosh so that he can be MM's mouthpiece at Ibrox. Is that correct?

First question should be who did he buy the 785,000 shares off in the first place? Thats a lot of shares so must have been from someone with a substancial shareholding already.

Second question, why is his trade for 50p a share when all the other trades around it were 53/54p a share? (http://www.lse.co.uk/ShareTrades.asp?shareprice=RFC&share=rangers_int) Bulk discount? If he were to sell his shares now for the trading price he'd make about £31,000 profit. Not bad for a few days work not to mention all the free publicity he's been getting.

Third question, why is he in the Daily Rhebel which has been a Malcolm Murray friendly paper thats been publishing all his leaked info spouting off about Stockbridge and Green? Telling us how he's a life long Rangers fan pish and will demand answers for the fans...aye right so he will.

The whole thing stinks and the guy isn't to be trusted imho.

I am not privy to the information as to where or who he bought the shares from. Again I ask, why would he spend £400,000 of his own cash to be someone else's mouthpiece? The Record is guilty of printing loads of shite about the club, but perhaps it was they who asked for an interview from Prior rather than him contacting them, I do not know, do you? I'm willing to give this investor in our club the benefit of the doubt until I hear or see something to the contrary.

I am not privy to the information as to where or who he bought the shares from. Again I ask, why would he spend £400,000 of his own cash to be someone else's mouthpiece? The Record is guilty of printing loads of shite about the club, but perhaps it was they who asked for an interview from Prior rather than him contacting them, I do not know, do you? I'm willing to give this investor in our club the benefit of the doubt until I hear or see something to the contrary.

He's already made a profit as he bought the shares on the cheap. I'd be giving him the benefit of the doubt too if he weren't in the rhebel spouting off smearing Rangers execs. The guy is telling us what we want to hear. One minute he's only met Malcolm Murray a few times the next they are friends.

We'll soon see though if he buys up more shares. I seriously doubt it to be honest.

Expect more hyperbole from him in the papers as the boardroom battle kicks off again.

Read an article today talking about rupert murdochs media empire are looking to start a 16 team summer super league,to be played in America or china or anywhere money is to be made,they are looking to start in 2015,could this be the reason guys like prior are looking to get involved,if rangers were to be invited,overnight we would become a massive investment opportunity.

Read an article today talking about rupert murdochs media empire are looking to start a 16 team summer super league,to be played in America or china or anywhere money is to be made,they are looking to start in 2015,could this be the reason guys like prior are looking to get involved,if rangers were to be invited,overnight we would become a massive investment opportunity.

Yes run by Fox and more money for the richer clubs which surely can't be a good thing.

Yes run by Fox and more money for the richer clubs which surely can't be a good thing.

no your right it would be a bad thing,but I'm wondering why a clever investor would invest now,the time to invest was the iPo,he could have made a tidy profit investing then,a man like him investing now seems strange to me because I don't think the share prise will rise much unless there is the chance of going to England or some other super league.

no your right it would be a bad thing,but I'm wondering why a clever investor would invest now,the time to invest was the iPo,he could have made a tidy profit investing then,a man like him investing now seems strange to me because I don't think the share prise will rise much unless there is the chance of going to England or some other super league.

He has bought the shares at a lower price than the IPO.

Your dyslexia has clearly made you miss the point, it wasn't the content of his post, it was the principle behind it. Your trying to argue with someone who wants an argument and doesn't care if he looks a fud, you stand to gain nothing.

If it helps you in your quest... It should be "you're trying to argue" not "your", unfortunately I need to go out so I can't have the argument, but if you want to launch a tirade, I am here for you in spirit.

If it helps you in your quest... It should be "you're trying to argue" not "your", unfortunately I need to go out so I can't have the argument, but if you want to launch a tirade, I am here for you in spirit.

Yaaawn! Bore off.

He has bought a fair amount of shares and by the sound of it intends to buy more. Putting his head above the trenches and speaking out about exec salaries at Rangers is - for Scottish newspaers - very newsworthy. As is a new voice to stir things up a bit more.

If the Board execs are visibly representing Rangers' best interests effectively and with the fullest skill and authority they can muster, and if the CEO, Commercial Director, Finance Director, COO, Communications Director and any other Director demonstrate evidence of pulling their weight and more to manage the finances sustainably and to secure top class commercial deals that bring in substantial revenues way beyond their salary levels then the salary levels may be about right.

It seems to in the Charles Green era this seemed as though it was happening. Successful ST sales, successful IPO, new strip deal, megastore deal, naming rights etc all evidence of generating substantial cash for the Club. And the labourers in these matters deserve their rewards. But if it all goes much quieter on the commercial front, and freezing ST prices produces cash shortfalls, and if it became the case that ST sales were lower, and if the Board just sat substantially silent and did not show enough evidence of getting sleeves rolled up, and shoe leather worn in getting out there to communicate better with Supporters to generate sales and money and there is a cooling of cash into the coffers - then such salary levels are absolutely not appropriate.

Point is - if these salary levels are seen to be earned by evidence of wealth generation for Rangers and by evidence of visibly standing up for all that matters to Supporters then I suspect the salary levels may be tolerated by many. However they have to be earned and right now, in my view, the jury is out on whether the current Board members are doing enough to earn their not insubstantial corn. I trust that when they are called to account for how money was spent and how well they acted as top class financial stewards that they give a very good account of their performance as Directors and that excuses are not a factor in their account of the trust placed in them for running the Club.

What your saying is if any cunt dare post on here then it better be up to your standards, your a fucking rancid little bellend mate that's what you are, probably still living with mammy, trolling through the forums, trying to find folk to start on for no other reason than missing out a full stop. I asked admin to ban me, pm'd two of them in order that this could be avoided but they wouldn't listen, so I guess your just gonna have to listen to it. Folk like you make me fucking sick, I've watched folk run off this forum in the past for no other reason than they weren't very good at spelling or grammar, well heres news for you, you fucking cunt, any rangers fan, whether they hold o lvl fucking English or left school at 12 has the same right to post on here that fucking you do. Your a fucking sad pathetic little man *********************. Horrible horrible little bastard. Hopefully I'll get banned soon and other folk wont have to listen tot his until then guess I'll just abuse you and your grammar polis fucking mates. No better than fucking ****, in fact **** probably treat bears better than you and your little band of faggots.

Oh dear