All this for £35

topgoalie

11 of us (students) hired a 12 seat Land Rover and it cost us an initial £15 each although we had to chip in to pay the road tolls in France on the way back. That included our cross-Channel ferry as well. Actually it was the hovercraft on the way out from Ramsgate but ferry back to Dover as it was far too rough for the hovercraft. It was so rough on the return crossing that we were stuck in the Channel for hours (8 hours in total). I still have the ticket which I bought at the old SFA offices at Park Gardens, I think it was £0.90 which was a lot for a ticket then and it was the cheapest they had. My college grant amounted to £6 per week.

I have one very blurred photo of us at Calais, it was a poor camera and a very windy day.

I am the blurred guy on the left just in front of the old Land Rover.

rangersmedia-1381050345-U52920.jpg

There is great stories from older bears.....I have heard of guys who went without passports,getting on wrong flights etc etc........cant wait to read some on here!

Remember a guy on our flight who decided to have a 'wee wander' as we made the initial climb to our cruising altitude....... we were at quite a steep angle and he lets out a shout of "some friggin hill this". A while later he was going round the plane with a bunnet taking up a collection for 'the driver'.

Checking into the hotel one Bear was chatting to a very Spanish looking burd who worked for a tour company. His somewhat bevvied mate gives it "go on big man you'll be dain some shaggin the night" The Spanish looking burd replied "ahm frae Greenock and he no be shaggin me". end of.

10 of us picked up in edinburgh by asupporters bus from fife and then onto east midlands airport for our charter to barcelona.flight delayed for 4 hours due to mechanical problems with the plane,(a propeller fell off i think),so reluctantly had to go back to the bar!!!.got to the game eventually and had a ball.my mates and i went for a meal after the game to celebrate and unwittingly must have tipped the waiter about a hundred quid due to us just changing over to decimal currency and then spanish pesetas but who gives a fuck, we were on top of the world that night and boy did we celebrate.then to top it all back on the plane home a sash bash all the way back to east midlands, with the customary collection for the driver (pilot) and then back on the bus to edinburgh.what a trip and all for 35 quid!!!

i spent more in one round and it was only me and oliver reed in it ,

anyway now your married you will be going nowhere big nose :D

no chance. now that im married, when the good lady registers me with the Airline as her husband, I can get cheap flights so will be home a lot more!!!!

Was 18 at the time paid 27 for 1 night stay in Lloret de mar could not afford the 35 for two nights ! Did not have much cash with me but drink so cheap . Lots of us had swords on the return flight ! Imagine that now. Arrived back in Glasgow to late for train back to Carlisle but night watchman ( a bear ) at station let me sleep in an empty carriage

My mate and 8 pals went from Castlemilk for a week.

He borrowed the money from his sister,and is sure he still owes her fifty bob.

Before the game they were in this bar and a girl fancied some badges he had on his scarf and asked him for one.He said no.She said she would put it on her breast.The boys said give her one.So they all ended up feeling her breast.

At the game he was sat next to "Miss Rangers News" Liz Stevely.

I went to every home tie on the run to the final in '72. I was 12 at the time & wasnt allowed to go to Barcelona. My auld man & my older brother were there. My brother came home with a broken nose. This wasnt caused by the police after the game , he fell pished down a flight of stairs at Barcelona airport the day after the game. Fkn eejit.

11 of us (students) hired a 12 seat Land Rover and it cost us an initial £15 each although we had to chip in to pay the road tolls in France on the way back. That included our cross-Channel ferry as well. Actually it was the hovercraft on the way out from Ramsgate but ferry back to Dover as it was far too rough for the hovercraft. It was so rough on the return crossing that we were stuck in the Channel for hours (8 hours in total). I still have the ticket which I bought at the old SFA offices at Park Gardens, I think it was £0.90 which was a lot for a ticket then and it was the cheapest they had. My college grant amounted to £6 per week.

I have one very blurred photo of us at Calais, it was a poor camera and a very windy day.

I am the blurred guy on the left just in front of the old Land Rover.

rangersmedia-1381050345-U52920.jpg

I work in Calais.

It still looks much the same.

Only kidding it is a bit more modern looking now ( only a bit)

I wasn't quite that advanced mate.

My dad was there, went home a very happy bear and I was born exactly 9 months after we won it. Lol

Jizz loyal. :lol:

I take it your parents called you.......McCloy,Jardine Mathieson Greig Johnstone Smith McLean Conn Stein McDonald Johnston.?????