Paul Murray: I'd Like To Thank The Daily Record

Here we FUCKING go - a FUCKING imbecile of note:

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/football-news/rangers-interim-chairman-paul-murray-5287851

Rangers interim chairman Paul Murray: I'd like to thank the Daily Record for its courageous journalism over the past four years

MURRAY swept into power alongside Dave King and John Gilligan at today's EGM and immediately lifted the ban on the Daily Record while the man who enforced it, Derek Llambias, was sent packing.

THE RANGERS revolution started at 10.46am, when a steward wandered up to the table set for the board and started taking seats away.

There had been five. By the time he had finished, there were only two.

The fans who turned up for the EGM at Ibrox sussed out what was happening and erupted into cheers.

Only two seats left. That meant no room at the top table for Mike Ashleys men. One fan yelled out joyfully: Taxi for Llambias and Leach!

Ashleys placemen knew well in advance that the writing was on the wall and didnt even bother to turn up.

This was a day about the future. And there were deafening roars when the new man in charge, Dave King, walked in with Paul Murray at his side.

Llambias and Leach were out , and their ludicrous ban on the Daily Record was binned with them.

When the formalities were all over, new interim chairman Murray said: I would personally like to take the opportunity to thank the Daily Record for its courageous journalism over the past four years and officially confirm it is no longer banned from Rangers FC.

FOR FUCKING, FUCKS SAKE.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess there are others that also want their support of "the cause" acknowledged and in due time all of them will be honoured by Mr Murray.. But I don´t think many Rangers fans are happy about him sucking up to that paper.

But being interim Chairman is a blessing of a kind, it could have been acting Chairman as I expect King to spend his time in South-Africa mostly. Thinking about it I wonder how PM will get along with Gilligan and Park really..

I think folk are:

1) Overreacting! Any publicity is good publicity especially if we can play a hand at keeping it swinging in our favour.

2) Grasping at straws. Jumping on the first thing they disagree with to discredit the board cos fat Mike is out.

Either we establish connections with the papers or they run shit anyway.

Why not butter the bastards up. Give them that special feeling if in turn they are in our pockets.

I think folk are:

1) Overreacting! Any publicity is good publicity especially if we can play a hand at keeping it swinging in our favour.

2) Grasping at straws. Jumping on the first thing they disagree with to discredit the board cos fat Mike is out.

Why not butter the bastards up. Give them that special feeling if in turn they are in our pockets.

Now you really are grasping at straws I fear..

I despise the media in general and especially the daily rebel but it's smart from murrays point of view.....we still have a long way to go and any positive spin on kings application for fit and proper person status is going to be of benefit.

Here we FUCKING go - a FUCKING imbecile of note:

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/football-news/rangers-interim-chairman-paul-murray-5287851

Rangers interim chairman Paul Murray: I'd like to thank the Daily Record for its courageous journalism over the past four years

MURRAY swept into power alongside Dave King and John Gilligan at today's EGM and immediately lifted the ban on the Daily Record while the man who enforced it, Derek Llambias, was sent packing.

THE RANGERS revolution started at 10.46am, when a steward wandered up to the table set for the board and started taking seats away.

There had been five. By the time he had finished, there were only two.

The fans who turned up for the EGM at Ibrox sussed out what was happening and erupted into cheers.

Only two seats left. That meant no room at the top table for Mike Ashleys men. One fan yelled out joyfully: Taxi for Llambias and Leach!

Ashleys placemen knew well in advance that the writing was on the wall and didnt even bother to turn up.

This was a day about the future. And there were deafening roars when the new man in charge, Dave King, walked in with Paul Murray at his side.

Llambias and Leach were out , and their ludicrous ban on the Daily Record was binned with them.

When the formalities were all over, new interim chairman Murray said: I would personally like to take the opportunity to thank the Daily Record for its courageous journalism over the past four years and officially confirm it is no longer banned from Rangers FC.

FOR FUCKING, FUCKS SAKE.

Terrible when people say really really embarrassing things isn't it? Can hang around for a long time as well, when people say such stuff.

He missed out thanking the HMRC, John Reid, Peter Liewell, David Murray, Craig Whyte, Mike Ashley, Glasgow City Council, the SFA, the SPL, all the teams who voted against us and all their fans who endorsed it, dundee united's ex chairman, various media outlets including BBC Scotland, the Telegraph,and all the various charlatans and other imposters who have come and gone in our board room shenanigans over the last few years.

I think folk are:

I think at least a few of them are cellic minded to be honest and might not play your game..

Keith Jackson has been on a one man crusade to expose everything bad that's been going on at the club, it hasn't made good reading but I can see where Paul Murray is coming from in that aspect.

But overall the Record seems like a Celtic propaganda machine and I really don't think he should he should be thanking them for anything.

It's done now, I don't really care that much. I just want to see my club being run properly and I hope these are the guys that can do it.

Keith Jackson has been on a one man crusade to expose everything bad that's been going on at the club, it hasn't made good reading but I can see where Paul Murray is coming from in that aspect.

But overall the Record seems like a Celtic propaganda machine and I really don't think he should he should be thanking them for anything.

It's done now, I don't really care that much. I just want to see my club being run properly and I hope these are the guys that can do it.

you need to open your eyes then

jingle jangle was doing nothing for the benefit of The Rangers

the wee cabal, including the rentagub fan reps, are in this for their own benefit not The Rangers

we will be handwrung into sellick dominance and barely say a peep

I guess there are others that also want their support of "the cause" acknowledged and in due time all of them will be honoured by Mr Murray.. But I don´t think many Rangers fans are happy about him sucking up to that paper.But being interim Chairman is a blessing of a kind, it could have been acting Chairman as I expect King to spend his time in South-Africa mostly. Thinking about it I wonder how PM will get along with Gilligan and Park really..

He'll get along fine with them untill it gets to his round.

you need to open your eyes then

jingle jangle was doing nothing for the benefit of The Rangers

the wee cabal, including the rentagub fan reps, are in this for their own benefit not The Rangers

we will be handwrung into sellick dominance and barely say a peep

I didn't say he was doing it for Rangers benefit. I said he was reporting everything bad that was happening, that's what journalists do. It didn't make good reading, but he wasn't writing lies.

I'm not sure why you jumped from that to being handwrung into Celtic dominance, that didn't make any sense.

I didn't say he was doing it for Rangers benefit. I said he was reporting everything bad that was happening, that's what journalists do. It didn't make good reading, but he wasn't writing lies.

I'm not sure why you jumped from that to being handwrung into Celtic dominance, that didn't make any sense.

he was reporting what he was told to report with heaps and heaps of spin on it

its not like he sat down and decided to be a bastion of truth

its suits everyone bar rangers to have these guys in charge, that is liewells rag is so pro king and murray

it is a sellick propaganda rag

he was reporting what he was told to report with heaps and heaps of spin on it

its not like he sat down and decided to be a bastion of truth

its suits everyone bar rangers to have these guys in charge, that is liewells rag is so pro king and murray

it is a sellick propaganda rag

Ok, I'm guessing you're not pro king, who exactly do you want running us?