Strong enough to win the league?

NeoGeo7

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Don't think it'll happen, would then need to change the formation through the academy as well etc.

Is it really that much of a change with a player either going more advanced to AMC or falls back to DMC?

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

What if we base it on the Hibs match?

I'm going to base it on the first 2 minutes against Falkirk mate & say we will win it. Just kidding, but I'm supremely optimistic Mark Warburton will win us 55 before 2018-19 season starts.

2 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

Always the way. We play awesome for 10 games and not a peep, then have a couple tough games and it's all "we're miles away" etc.

Some on here have more in common with Scottish journalists than they'd like to admit.

I think your posts get more and more like Scottish journalists everyday because all you seem to do is have a pop or sly digs at  Rangers fans. It's like no one is allowed an opinion, or to discuss areas where we could improve. Most of the time you don't even try to discuss or give your own reasoning you just come out with the same old rehashed line "I fully trust our manager". Of course the majority of negative posts are going to come when we have a couple of tough games because the weaknesses are more apparent in those games. I've been fairly consistent in what i've said throughout the season regardless of the results. 

Back on topic, this team should be more than good enough to win the league. It's not guaranteed though as we have already shown this season we can blow a big lead in a short space of time.

1 minute ago, theclothmonster said:

Nicely thought out reponse, certainly a change from the "I fully trust our manager" or "do you want the dark days of Ally back"

Don't know where you came from but you talk some amount of pish.

If you don't like me having opinions on others opinions then you can block my posts from showing. But, don't greet every time I post. (tu)

Just now, AlBear85 said:

Don't know where you came from but you talk some amount of pish.

If you don't like me having opinions on others opinions then you can block my posts from showing. But, don't greet every time I post. (tu)

You have it backwards, I accused you of not having an opinion and just spouting the same old lines all the time. Certainly not greetin, just pointing out the similarity between you and the Scottish journos in that you always seem to be having a pop at Rangers fans.

9 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

You have it backwards, I accused you of not having an opinion and just spouting the same old lines all the time. Certainly not greetin, just pointing out the similarity between you and the Scottish journos in that you always seem to be having a pop at Rangers fans.

The ones who propagate shit stirring pish on here aye.

If you have such a low opinion of my posts then I suggest you block me to avoid offending your delicate sensibilities, instead of following me round here like a wee puppy who lost his bone.

Just now, AlBear85 said:

The ones who propagate shit stirring pish on here aye.

If you have such a low opinion of my posts then I suggest you block me to avoid offending your delicate sensibilities, instead of following me round here like a wee lost puppy who lost his bone.

Discussing areas where the team could improve is now "shit stirring"? I'm certainly not following you around, I disagree with most of your posts these days so naturally I reply to those but you aren't the only one. I have no need to block you, in fact I would encourage your responses even if it is name calling or circle jerk responses. 

1 hour ago, BlueThunder said:

What if we base it on the Hibs match?

Which one?  They've beat us up in Edinburgh this season.  We were very lucky to win the first league game at Ibrox which many seem to forget.  They've had some great results against top-tier teams, have reached a domestic final, their league form is excellent.  Not to mention, they've just signed a proven goal-scorer.  The arrogance shown by some of our fans is unreal.  I do think we'll win this league but Hibs will push it close they're a good team.

Definitely capable of winning it next season.

I'm wondering how our wide 2 spots in the front 3 will be in the next few years, with a lot of excitement.

1) Barrie McKay 2) Michael O'Halloran 3) Martyn Waghorn 4) Tom Walsh 5) Mekhi Leacock-McLeod 6) Billy King (o.o.c. unless signed) 7) Harry Forrester (o.o.c. unless renews) 8) David Templeton (o.o.c. unless renews, not sure if correct?)

all play in and around that area. I want every one of them to do well and succeed at Rangers obviously.

1) Hope he is part of our team for as long as possible.

2) Another great signing, will be at the forefront of our attack for years to come.

3) I personally see MW as CF. With the ability to play on wings too. 

5) Another good signing, certain to break into the 1st team soon eg next season probably, if not this one.

6) I want you to do well & sign for us if there is room mate, not based on the name at all, just based on what I seen against Falkirk when he was subbed on. 21 yo.

6 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Which one?  They've beat us up in Edinburgh this season.  We were very lucky to win the first league game at Ibrox which many seem to forget.  They've had some great results against top-tier teams, have reached a domestic final, their league form is excellent.  Not to mention, they've just signed a proven goal-scorer.  The arrogance shown by some of our fans is unreal.  I do think we'll win this league but Hibs will push it close they're a good team.

My point is you can't just base it on a single match. You said 'based on the Falkirk match'. More accurately you should have said 'based on our mixed results against Hibs and Falkirk'.

Fwiw I don't think we'll totally run away with it, and might even lose it if the team don't keep their levels up. Long way to go, but I'm happy where we are.

I think he has turned his mind to building the squad for next year. A few will go in the summer and I expect about 5 will come in to bulk the squad out. We are good enough to win this league even with out the recent additions. 

11 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

My point is you can't just base it on a single match. You said 'based on the Falkirk match'. More accurately you should have said 'based on our mixed results against Hibs and Falkirk'.

Fwiw I don't think we'll totally run away with it, and might even lose it if the team don't keep their levels up. Long way to go, but I'm happy where we are.

The head to head games against Hibs will decided a lot.  After the weekend I doubt Hibs are running scared of MOH.  Stokes was scoring goals against us when Weir and Bougherra were our CBs.  I know many hate Hibs and refuse to accept they have any chance but they're a good team who are getting good results.

No denying it we were fucking awful against Falkirk but we were missing two very good players in midfield and Falkirk aren't a bad side. 

I would have loved to get the big lad from Brentford,  and I still think we will need that type of player in the summer,  but Andy Halliday can do the job for now with Ball covering. 

Talking of which Ball seems to be covering ALL of the defensive positions,  especially with Aird gone. Maybe slightly thin on cover there. 

Loads of energy and pace (with options) up front will see us win the league though. 

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

The head to head games against Hibs will decided a lot.  After the weekend I doubt Hibs are running scared of MOH.  Stokes was scoring goals against us when Weir and Bougherra were our CBs.  I know many hate Hibs and refuse to accept they have any chance but they're a good team who are getting good results.

Well if you think so highly of Hivs perhaps you should go and watch them and give us a fucking break about how good they are and how they nearly beat us and how we nearly didn't beat them and how they have signed a vermonous cunt like stokes.Only a suggestion.

Strong enough before it, anyone who has been watching us and keeping an eye on the Championship can clearly see we are the best side by a mile.

Top of the league, scored the most goals by a mile, best defence which is staggering considering how open we are and we have the best squad........the new guys only make us stronger.

10 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

And even with all that considered we are still comfortably ahead of them in the league

We are 8 points ahead as things stand, with only one more league game against them to play and we have a goal difference that's as good as an extra point too.

There's a lot of football still to play but at this point it's our title to throw away.

4 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

Well if you think so highly of Hivs perhaps you should go and watch them and give us a fucking break about how good they are and how they nearly beat us and how we nearly didn't beat them and how they have signed a vermonous cunt like stokes.Only a suggestion.

I'll post whatever I like.  What you going to do about it? :lol:

2 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I'll post whatever I like.  What you going to do about it? :lol:

Another keyboard hard man fuck me I better go and hide under the bed fuck off and go and watch that shower of shit you speak so highly about.

Defence ain't perfect and the DCM position is a minor concern but we should be more than strong enough to see us Champions.

We now have a variety of options in attack which pleases me.  Really interested to see how MOH performs for us, pacey and strong. exciting!