Strong enough to win the league?

NeoGeo7

18 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Compared to what they have now it was a weak side.  I can't see us going up there again and beating their current team 6-2.  Someone said we only beat them in the Petrofac Cup due to a surprise factor which I don't agree with.  We gubbed them that day because they were a poor side, which has since strengthened and improved.  I never seen their 2-1 so can't really comment on it.  I don't think Hibs are a better team but they are capable of putting a run together and beating us in a one off game.  Hopefully they'll drop a few more points this month and that'll be the end of their chances for automatic promotion.

We hit the woodwork twice, got denied a penalty and Waggy missed a one on one.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After last night's football(?) match, I have now changed my mind. Yes, we are more than ready for next season, especially if Mr Warburton manages further strenghtening in the next window. I hold my hands up; I was wrong. As a partial excuse, I have not seen a lot of PL matches this season.

6 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

After last night's football(?) match, I have now changed my mind. Yes, we are more than ready for next season, especially if Mr Warburton manages further strenghtening in the next window. I hold my hands up; I was wrong. As a partial excuse, I have not seen a lot of PL matches this season.

Not a criticism but I think that is the problem with a lot of people.They don't keep an eye on the so called better teams.They just read about how much the scum have spent and jump to the assumption that they are a good team,they must be they have spent x ammounts of millions.If some would take the time just to have a brief spy at this so called better opposition you would see like last night again their defence and keeper are a fucking nightmare.Yes they are slightly better than most of the other pish in the SPL but not unbeatable as Ross County also proved at the weekend.Going by their form in Europe and domestically I don't think MW and the Gers are a million miles away.Unlike some on here I do not believe the scum would " destroy us " for one minute.

16 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

Best 90 minutes I've watched in a long time. Great result, but couldn't believe just how bad both teams were. In footballing terms, we are light years ahead. As you say, further strengthening in the summer, we are well ready.

31 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Best 90 minutes I've watched in a long time. Great result, but couldn't believe just how bad both teams were. In footballing terms, we are light years ahead. As you say, further strengthening in the summer, we are well ready.

Whit,  did you not watch us pump hibs 6-2 and 4-2 ?  Watching Rangers shut that prick stubbs up is better than watching the tinks get  beat,  no ?  

1 hour ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Whit,  did you not watch us pump hibs 6-2 and 4-2 ?  Watching Rangers shut that prick stubbs up is better than watching the tinks get  beat,  no ?

I am assuming you don't do humour, with a nice bit of karma thrown in and missed the point in what was in line with the thread topic.

I must be unique in watching the timplosion unfold before my I eyes and having a right good chuckle. Well TBH, split my fucking sides they were that bad. Ronnie bhoy the roarer,  looking as though he had just passed a very large shite in his pampers. Best comedy viewing in years IMO..

As for us, I expect us to pump anyone before us, such is the style and spirit that MW has embedded and no one comes near us.

The last time I watched a Celtic game (other than OFG obviously) was when they played at Anfield in the UEFA Cup.  Time before that was v Feyenoord in the European Cup final.   I've noticed though that some of the people who have called me a Tim on this forum seem to watch all their games.  

• 2 weeks later...

I think we should have won both games, we hit Alloa's post and crossbar at least twice today. The amount of saves and blocks they made compared to us today was frustrating, they scored from a corner whereas we had about 15 corners. At least MOH scored on his first start. I thought King looked like he gave us a whole new dynamic when he came on and I think he's a good player. 

The sooner we get out of the lower league's the better,  honestly sick and tired about teams forgetting about football. At least if we go up. The quality will be slightly better and more teams will at least come out and have a go, however we dug our own grave by the abysmal finishing. 

there are big questions mentally imo. too many players seem to be struggling in recent weeks when the end of the season gets close and the pressure starts building. i dont see a dominant figure in the side to pull us through the difficult moments , someone to grab us by the scruff of the neck and drag us over the finishing line. who is the guy thats going to be the match winner when we are struggling? 

I think we're in a dip again. We're not good enough, Waggy is Waghorn again, the defence is shit and we've failed in the transfer window.

On the up side, it'll probably be fine again next week.

RM sure is an exhilarating place!

roller-coaster.png

On today's showing I am starting to worry about winning this league 

Hibs have a bigger squad than us and like it or not Stubbs is doing a good job with them 

we can't afford to drop many points between now and may as Hibs won't. Also their cup runs are keeping all their players on their toes, and with a wee hand fro their big cousins they will be there fighting til the end of the season 

we have also been lucky with injuries so far, we pick up 2 or 3 to key players and we are in trouble 

1 minute ago, wearethepeople1 said:

On today's showing I am starting to worry about winning this league 

Hibs have a bigger squad than us and like it or not Stubbs is doing a good job with them 

we can't afford to drop many points between now and may as Hibs won't. Also their cup runs are keeping all their players on their toes, and with a wee hand fro their big cousins they will be there fighting til the end of the season 

we have also been lucky with injuries so far, we pick up 2 or 3 to key players and we are in trouble 

hibs don't have a better squad that's just rubbish mate with respect.

14 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

there are big questions mentally imo. too many players seem to be struggling in recent weeks when the end of the season gets close and the pressure starts building. i dont see a dominant figure in the side to pull us through the difficult moments , someone to grab us by the scruff of the neck and drag us over the finishing line. who is the guy thats going to be the match winner when we are struggling? 

Nicky Law? You'd think he was the best player in Scotland listening to some on here. 

Seriously though, the precence of players like Miller and Wallace will prove vital in keeping morale high and leading by example near the end of the season. 

MW has done a good job thus far, but we have a relatively young team. 

We have failed to beat a team from the top teir so far and have had a couple of poor runs this season. I can see winning the championship being a close call and it may well go down to the last match. 

I am quietly confident that we will get automatic promotion but Hivs won't capitulate and if they win today they are back in it. 

Still strong enough to win the league however Waghorn needs dropped, that header at the end of the first half shows he's off the boil and we badly need to find a killer instinct and allowing some shots outside the box more often.

A frustrating day but hardly the end of the world.