Strong enough to win the league?

NeoGeo7

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I genuinely believe that we will challenge for the title next season and I can see us winning it.

Current squad would easily command a top 6 berth. tic are very poor. Hearts and Aberdeen better than the average SPFL club. Remainder would find it hard to get out of the Championship.

A summer clear out of some of the dead wood and 4-5 better quality players brought in and we will be right up there.

36 minutes ago, Prso is King said:

We won't win it first season back I can guarantee you that. Would be happy if you quoted this post to laugh at me on the 30th of May 2017 though...

Target 4th place doh Christ on a fucking moped.   Mate it's true that we might not win the title in our first year back but when the season kicks off that is exactly what our target should be, anything less and the games a bogey.  We are Rangers football club, we should aim to win every competition we enter or go as far as possible. Target 4th place is for nomark clubs like fucking St Johnstone or fucking dundee hibs. Come on mate, Aberdeen Hearts Celtic are hardly world beaters. I fully expect us to challenge the mhanks for the title in our first year back.  If we fall short well at least we gave it a go.

Just noticed it was  'Heshootshescores' who said target 4th place, ouoted the wrong poster

27 minutes ago, Prso is King said:

We won't win it first season back I can guarantee you that. Would be happy if you quoted this post to laugh at me on the 30th of May 2017 though...

Its your opinion obviously and your entitled to it but I think the 'guarantee' part is a bit strong!

Dont know how you can write us off already when we will be strengthening even further in the summer.  I can damn well assure you they are afraid of us coming up and imho if we were up there now we with this current squad we would be challenging.

We honestly dont have to fear anyone in that league. 

I'll keep this bookmarked tho!  :pipe:

43 minutes ago, Prso is King said:

Amma quote the fuck outta you. 

It'll be a hard fought fight, but in the end I think we've got what it takes too get the league cup. 

god the tims would be sooooo mad :wub::wub::wub:

10 minutes ago, allgers said:

First year back we will be looking for a domestic treble, that doesn't mean we will get it. If we manage to claw our way to the Scottish cup final I expect a good run in the Europa.

We have to win the Scottish Cup to make the Europa league according to Wikipedia.

The Scottish Cup winners now qualify to compete in the following season's UEFA Europa League (formerly known as the UEFA Cup).[18] It is possible for the Scottish Cup winners to have already qualified for a UEFA competition through their league ranking in the Scottish Premiership. In this scenario the qualification spot passes to the highest ranked team in that competition not yet qualified, rather than to the Scottish Cup runners-up.[19][20] Until 2014, the Scottish Cup runners-up qualified for European competition if the cup winners had also qualified for the Champions League.[20]

1 minute ago, GersInCanada said:

We have to win the Scottish Cup to make the Europa league according to Wikipedia.

The Scottish Cup winners now qualify to compete in the following season's UEFA Europa League (formerly known as the UEFA Cup).[18] It is possible for the Scottish Cup winners to have already qualified for a UEFA competition through their league ranking in the Scottish Premiership. In this scenario the qualification spot passes to the highest ranked team in that competition not yet qualified, rather than to the Scottish Cup runners-up.[19][20] Until 2014, the Scottish Cup runners-up qualified for European competition if the cup winners had also qualified for the Champions League.[20]

Fuckin cunts....

Think this was an attempt to rescue our disastrously low UEFA coefficient, good luck on that one. 

How can anyone even attempt to answer that question? First we've got to get there, (although I think it's reasonable to assume we will). Second, we don't have enough knowledge regarding our squad for next season.  Third, we don't have enough knowledge regarding our opponents squads for next season.

4 minutes ago, Briton said:

How can anyone even attempt to answer that question? First we've got to get there, (although I think it's reasonable to assume we will). Second, we don't have enough knowledge regarding our squad for next season.  Third, we don't have enough knowledge regarding our opponents squads for next season.

Fuck sake, you not capable of looking at the current scenario and making an educated assumption?  

We are playing teams off the park while strengthening our squad.

The mhanks are curretly sticking with rocket ronny whilst signing journey men like Kazim-Richards.

Some people really are miserable bastards.

11 hours ago, Irn Blu said:

"Target to be 4th!"

You're at it! You have to be!

With the squad we have now we should surely be looking to win the league not settle for 4th...fuck me!

They are absolutely rank rotten and with the way they performed in a cup semi and with their shite signings, the Man city boy aside, you still think we should be happy with 4th!?!?!

Not saying it will be easy but we should be there or there abouts not content with being 4th. 

Right. I was trying to say 4th should be easy even with NO improvements based on the current state of the table. But u r right,  that's not how it reads. I've no idea how good or bad the mhanky bastards are cos I haven't seen them for years,  but to go up and NOT compete with them would be UNFORGIVEABLE. 

:uk:

4 minutes ago, Heshootshescores said:

Right. I was trying to say 4th should be easy even with NO improvements based on the current state of the table. But u r right,  that's not how it reads. I've no idea how good or bad the mhanky bastards are cos I haven't seen them for years,  but to go up and NOT compete with them would be UNFORGIVEABLE. 

No probs mate. I cant wait for next season!

5 minutes ago, Irn Blu said:

Fuck sake, you not capable of looking at the current scenario and making an educated assumption?  

We are playing teams off the park while strengthening our squad.

The mhanks are curretly sticking with rocket ronny whilst signing journey men like Kazim-Richards.

Some people really are miserable bastards.

We don't know who they'll sign (or lose) for next season.  We don't know who we will sign/lose. What you call misery, I call realism.   

5 minutes ago, Briton said:

We don't know who they'll sign (or lose) for next season.  We don't know who we will sign/lose. What you call misery, I call realism.   

Not often I agree with you but this is spot on. We all want to challenge but we just don't know. We all have opinions and ideas but no-one can be sure of anything. Ffs, we can't even guarantee that Mr Warburton will be here next season. He probably will but it is not guaranteed.

1 minute ago, Briton said:

Of course we don't! No one ever does but that doesnt mean you cant be positive and think your team can win the league.  

Otherwise we'd all be a bunch of miserable bastards saying..."Aw well, I dont know whats going to happen until I see who our opponents sign/let go and who we sign/let go. Let's not put a bet on at the bookies, until we see what's happening. Let's not have banter with our mates until we see what's happening."

Jesus christ.....

You can call it realism all you want but I call it having faith.

I have faith that our management team are going to strengthen our squad further, based on the evidence of the past two transfer windows.

I have faith that they will get worse, based on their recent signings which have been utter utter shite (with the exception of the Man City boy which has promise but we are yet to see, but I class Kazim-Richards as shite).

Make no mistake about it, they are downsizing and we are strengthening.

If you cant have faith and believe that there is every chance we can go up and win that league then I dont think there is much hope for you.

5 minutes ago, Irn Blu said:

Of course we don't! No one ever does but that doesnt mean you cant be positive and think your team can win the league.  

Otherwise we'd all be a bunch of miserable bastards saying..."Aw well, I dont know whats going to happen until I see who our opponents sign/let go and who we sign/let go. Let's not put a bet on at the bookies, until we see what's happening. Let's not have banter with our mates until we see what's happening."

Jesus christ.....

I have faith that our management team are going to strengthen our squad further, based on the evidence of the past two transfer windows.

I have faith that they will get worse, based on their recent signings which have been utter utter shite (with the exception of the Man City boy which has promise but we are yet to see, but I class Kazim-Richards as shite).

If you cant have faith and believe that there is every chance we can go up and win that league then I dont think there is much hope for you.

Sounds like you went to a faith school. Maybe you're still at it.

29 minutes ago, Irn Blu said:

Jesus christ.....

Your talking about a different question; 'do you hope we will win the league?'.  The answer is, yes. 

I don't do faith. 

Just now, Briton said:

Your talking about a different question; 'do you hope we will win the league?'.  The answer is, yes. 

I don't do faith. 

Mixed wires then mate!

Lets not squabble over words. You might hope we do, but i believe we will.

:21:

1 hour ago, Corky True Legend said:

Not often I agree with you but this is spot on. We all want to challenge but we just don't know. We all have opinions and ideas but no-one can be sure of anything. Ffs, we can't even guarantee that Mr Warburton will be here next season. He probably will but it is not guaranteed.

With that type of thinking there's no point discussing anything. Even tomorrow isn't guaranteed.

48 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

With that type of thinking there's no point discussing anything. Even tomorrow isn't guaranteed.

Yeah because if you don't have enough information to answer a specific question, that means you can't discuss anything.  

5 hours ago, Prso is King said:

You can't guarantee anything with regards to who will win the league next season.