92/93 5 in a row

NeoGeo7

Ok, so I was at the supermarket the other day (no its not a stealth I buy food thread) and whilst walking around they played this song:

Totally took me back to the 92/93 5 in a row video when they played a montage of various games and goals, sadly I've no idea where that video is (and I don't have a VHS player anyway) but it really brought the memories back.

What a season that was almost topped off with a Champions League Final place if it hadn't been for those cheating bastards.from France.

I for one cannot wait for the day we get European nights like those again.

3 minutes ago, StewGer said:

Best season of my lifetime. As for the video I have this set, love it.

postadsuk.com-rangers-9-in-a-row-vhs-box

Sweet......bet that's been watched a few hundred times.

The thing that really strikes you when you look back at that season was the 3 foreigner rule, I think that was the last year of it and look how far we got.

The Bears partying at the piggery the day the unbeaten run came to an end was brilliant . Hate losing to those cunts but the fact we were so far superior to them on & off the park then made it special and they knew it . Tarriers i worked with at the time were shitting themselves that we were going all the way that year !

Greatest season I've ever seen in my lifetime and doubt I'll ever see a better one. Still sickens me to this day we never got to a European cup final as Marseille were corrupt as fuck. The way things are going with football that was probably our best chance as well to become champions of Europe. ?

3 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

The thing that really strikes you when you look back at that season was the 3 foreigner rule, I think that was the last year of it and look how far we got.

Aye 5 and 9 are a bit worn out :lol:. It's funny sitting through the twenty minute 'a day in the life of' bits where they go round John Browns house and stuff. I was a fan of the old rules I must say.

My 12 year old son loves taking the 9IAR dvd set to watch (he hates watching any of the last 3 titles because naismith etc are in them ! )

He keeps asking me & my mates who went to all the games questions about that era & TBH i love telling him about the good times then. Hopefully he wont't have to wait too long to see the good times again , though the way europe has gone i honestly think that might just be out of reach . I always wonder what the 92-93 side would have been like with a Laudrup or Gascoigne .

1 hour ago, NeoGeo7 said:

No way, I've found it on YouTube......well thats me for the next hour!

9.39 for the bit I was talking about at the start of the thread.

Used to always look forward to getting these videos at Christmas. A large part of my Christmases back then was sitting watching them. Great memories. Still have a fair few.

a few points from that video;

1/ how good was Peter huistra?, forgot how good he was.

2/ seeing ally score all those goals for us, makes me want to give him a pass for his shite management off the club.

3/ it really always breaks my heart watching the champions league run from that year, if it wasn't for that French cunt Bernard tapie cheating us, we could have won the champs league that year.

10 hours ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Was my favourite video growing up. The 3 foreigner rule was good for the spirit of football I think. We had essentially a Scottish team with mainly Rangers supporting players who we felt a connection with and gave their all. The foreigners we had were all top class and really added something to us, they were not just mercenaries like some of our later guys like Capucho, Emerson etc.

Getting to the Champions League semi with a mainly Scottish team is why for me that will one of greatest Rangers teams in my lifetime, in spite of some of the amazing players we've had since. I saw an interview with Smith who said that although the end of 3 foreigner rule allowed some better players like Laudrup etc to come in, the team spirit was never as good afterwards. 

Look at the EPL now - teams without a single English player in some of the sides. How can fans feel any connection with their team and how it represents their city? All it is is who has the most money, with most of the young players farmed out on loan constantly to make way for the latest primadonna player. Thats why I like whats happening at the club now. 

My first season as a ST holder my old man took me still got my old book. I can still remember being in school counting down to 3 till i finished to get home get changed and head to ibrox for those champions league games. 

Asked my old boy years later if we got to final would he have taken me? His answer was fuck that i was going on the lash for a week you would only moan like yer maw or get lost. 

These are all the Rangers VHS and some Documentaries that I converted to DVD:

Walter Smith: The Football Years 

Rangers Classic Cup Finals 

Gio 

Jorg Albertz/The Hammer 

Rangers 140 Greatest Sporting Moments 

Four in a row 

The Rising 

Derek Johnstone 

Dynamite/The Iain Durrant Story 

Eight at the Double/ 1995-96 

9 in a Row/one to go 

Rangers the Treble/1998-99 

That Championship Season 1986-87 

Rangers Champions League 1992-93 

Rangers 9 in a row special 

Double Dutch Season 1999-2000 

Follow Follow: The History of the Rangers

The Rangers Story: Follow Follow 

Barcelona 72 

True Blues 

Super Cooper 

Walter's Return 

Rangers: The Definitive History 

First to 50: 2002/03 

Make it a Double: 2008/09 

Remember Remember 2 wins in November

Rangers Wing Wizards

Step up and play: 3 in a row 

Michael Mols 

51 & Counting: 2004-05 

Rangers Season 2005-06 

Rangers Bosses of the firm: The SPL Years

The Real McCoist 

Rangers Gold 

Laudrup: The Joy of Football 

The Goalie 

5 in a Row(Season 1992-93 Season) 

The Gaffer 

Wing Wizards 

Blue Steel 

PRSO 

Fergie 

Fernando 

Gazza: The Rangers Years 

Rangers Gold 2: The Entertainers 

Rangers Season 1988-89 

Rangers Season 1989-90 

Rangers Season 1990-91 

The Bluebells are Blue(Season 1993-94)

Seventh Heaven(Season 1994-95) 

Super Cooper(STV Documentary) 

Battle Of Britain 

Inside Ibrox 

John Greig 1959-1971 

Souness 

The Scott Nisbet Testimonial Match 

The Italian Job 

Goals/Gaffes and Outtakes 

Moments to Remember 

Tennents Scottish Cup Semi Final 1992 

Last of the Nine in a Row 

John Greig 1972-1995 

300 Great Rangers Goals 

Every Other Saturday 

McCoist: Still Having a Ball 

Rangers 10 Vladikavkas 3 

The Game that Won the League 

Rangers Video Monthly No.4 

Rangers Old Firm Classics 

Rangers Video Challenge 

Wee Willie: The Willie Henderson Story

On 11 February 2016 at 8:13 PM, NeoGeo7 said:

Also that top was my favourite, not sure if it had anything to do with the great season or whether it was just because it was an awesome top.

You realise how successful that top was ? 

Iirc . It was a 2 year deal and it made its debut in the previous's season cup final v Airdrie , which we won.

We then went on to win the treble with it in 92/93 coupled with being undefeated in Europe. 

For its final season we won the league and League Cup with it , before changing it before the Scottish Cup Final v dundee Utd , which we promptly lost ! 

In its own right , over its ' two season '  lifespan we won every domestic trophy available and a season undefeated in Europe . 

So . . . . . other than the top when I first followed the Bears ( more for sentimental reasons ) its my favourite one too (tu)

6 minutes ago, gmcf said:

You realise how successful that top was ? 

Iirc . It was a 2 year deal and it made its debut in the previous's season cup final v Airdrie , which we won.

We then went on to win the treble with it in 92/93 coupled with being undefeated in Europe. 

For its final season we won the league and League Cup with it , before changing before the Scottish Cup Final v dundee Utd , which we promptly lost ! 

In its own right , over its ' two season '  lifespan we won every domestic trophy available and a season undefeated in Europe . 

So . . . . . other than the top when I first followed the Bears ( more for sentimental reasons ) its my favourite one too (tu)

Brilliant season, and I thought I was going to a CL final ......... not to be though, but a season that will stay with me forever.

:uk: