Naivety

Gandhi1872

When the tide started to turn and Falkirk were getting a few chances the team kept bombing forward and losing their shape. I know Warburton doesn't like to settle or get too defensive but for at least five minutes we had to get in shape, get behind the ball and re-group. From that point you can hit them on the counter or stem the tide and then gradually open up again.

1 minute ago, sergio said:

I thought that is why we bought MOH, to allow us to sit deep and use him as a out ball if things ever got hairy, I think the guys will learn from this.

The second half was a carbon copy of last game at Falkirk so i'd say there was no lesson learned..

8 minutes ago, 40delboy40 said:

Need to use that 2nd half performance as a wake up call. Nothing is a gimme.

I know what you are saying but we are now in March. How can they still need wake up calls? We all know that game should have been put to bed in the first half. Why was there no urgency to go on and score 4/5/6?

Of all the threads on last night's game, the OP sums it up well for me.

Our team were naive beyond belief, particularly the defence in the last 30 minutes.

I understand that the result will probably not alter the outcome of the league but it highlights weakness in our team.

A 3 goal reverse of any type has to be a cause for concern and has to be addressed.

9 minutes ago, DMax399 said:

Of all the threads on last night's game, the OP sums it up well for me.

Our team were naive beyond belief, particularly the defence in the last 30 minutes.

I understand that the result will probably not alter the outcome of the league but it highlights weakness in our team.

A 3 goal reverse of any type has to be a cause for concern and has to be addressed.

Bad players cave in under pressure, like last night, when we are scoring well the problems don't really show up, these problems have been with us all year. Warburtons system is causing the problems at the back, as some have said, no plan b and too many players forward. There is no lesson to be learned because Warburton is committed to his way of play. The team was totally out of shape at the end, and still missing or not taking their chances, I don't think it can be addressed due to Warburton has set his stall out.

17 minutes ago, CoplandStandBear said:

Nicky Law should have been on, he rarely wastes a pass and Dom Ball looked like a pile of shite in that holding midfield position.

Law sits on the bench as he offers very little. Tackles like a girl and all he can do is slow the game down a bit. .

4 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Law sits on the bench as he offers very little. Tackles like a girl and all he can do is slow the game down a bit. .

I think the game did need slowed down after Falkirk scored their first.

25 minutes ago, CoplandStandBear said:

Nicky Law should have been on, he rarely wastes a pass and Dom Ball looked like a pile of shite in that holding midfield position.

Dom Balls played out of position and this game showed he's not good enough in the Middle. We just decided the game was won after the two goals and got a lesson from Falkirk  that a game lasts 90 minutes, we were far too casual in everything we did, our subs weakened us Falkirk subs won them the game.

10 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

We needed to manage the game at 2-0 and he's the type of guy to do that.  I don't know why he can't get a game ahead of players like Ball or at least make an appearance.  Poor subs last night cost us the game and being far too casual.

5 minutes ago, Smile said:

Dom Balls played out of position and this game showed he's not good enough in the Middle. We just decided the game was won after the two goals and got a lesson from Falkirk  that a game lasts 90 minutes, we were far too casual in everything we did, our subs weakened us Falkirk subs won them the game.

I didn't see this post before I posted up above, but I agree.  At 2-0 we shut up shop and hit on the counter, but we decided to just stop playing.

Just now, CoplandStandBear said:

We needed to manage the game at 2-0 and he's the type of guy to do that.  I don't know why he can't get a game ahead of players like Ball or at least make an appearance.  Poor subs last night cost us the game and being far too casual.

To be fair Ball had a good game against Dundee and deserved his start. Bringing McKay off was a mistake, I thought he was our best player last night.

14 hours ago, Gandhi1872 said:

I know what you are saying but we are now in March. How can they still need wake up calls? We all know that game should have been put to bed in the first half. Why was there no urgency to go on and score 4/5/6?

The wake up call is this, 2-0 up and cruising and like you point out no urgency to put the game to bed. I know were in march but we haven't won anything yet and have some big games to come.

6 hours ago, CoplandStandBear said:

A wee bit harsh,thought for 70 mind ball looked good though he a was  culpable last 20.