Reasonable target for next season

I know all our signing business is not complete but based on who we are being linked with and how the team is shaping up, what do fellow Bears think is a realistic target next season. For me  winning either the Scottish or even League cup, finishing top three and beating the scum a couple of times would be a great step in getting back to our place as the top team in Scottish football.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

fuck off with your top 3 only top spot is acceptable

Shut up dickhead. I want us to win the title as much as we all do. The starting line up is going to have several new players that will take time to gel. Going from playing Dumbarton and Alloa to playing Aberdeen and say Hearts is a fair step up. Just don't want to set unrealistic expectations.

Target should always be 1st.

By September I think we will certainly have a team capable of winning the league but I think we'll just about fall short by being a bit inconsistent in games which we may have snatched a 1-0 win in the championship but would probably end up with draws against the better opposition.

Aim for 1st always I agree but this is our first season back in the big time for 4 years. Our improvements on and off the park recently have been fantastic but we might need a full season in the SPL to readjust to the top flight. We won't be out of our depths just not quite there yet IMO. On the other hand what a moment it would be if we did surprise and win the league, Title 55 will be one of the sweetest ever whether its next season or the one after

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

So?

Point is that its a step up in the quality of opponent we will be facing. U really believe that over 38 games we will be consistent enough and take enough points at places like Pittordrie and Tynescastle to win the league. Well I hope your right but seeing all this talk of trebles and we are gonna win the league etc makes me think some people have got a bit ahead of themselves in estimating where our recovery is

31 minutes ago, Fifebear1690 said:

Shut up dickhead. I want us to win the title as much as we all do. The starting line up is going to have several new players that will take time to gel. Going from playing Dumbarton and Alloa to playing Aberdeen and say Hearts is a fair step up. Just don't want to set unrealistic expectations.

so its unrealistic to want to finish above fucking Aberdeen? aye ok then if we're anywhere near 3rd at the end of the season i'll be severely pissed off,have you actually watched Aberdeen/Hearts etc theyre dross,very very minimum we should be pushing the taigs all the way and even then 2nd aint good enough

5 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

so its unrealistic to want to finish above fucking Aberdeen? aye ok then if we're anywhere near 3rd at the end of the season i'll be severely pissed off,have you actually watched Aberdeen/Hearts etc theyre dross,very very minimum we should be pushing the taigs all the way and even then 2nd aint good enough

Iam excited and expect a good season but surely you have to acknowledge we will be making several new signings that will take time to gel as a unit this is one factor that might prevent us from winning it this year. I also worries about not having an out and out pure goal scorer like the taigs have in the thumb. I mean KM has been a fantastic for us, hard working,etc but at 36 should only really be a super sub type. Maybe we will sign a top notch striker at which point the title looks a bit more realistic.

1 minute ago, Fifebear1690 said:

Iam excited and expect a good season but surely you have to acknowledge we will be making several new signings that will take time to gel as a unit this is one factor that might prevent us from winning it this year. I also worries about not having an out and out pure goal scorer like the taigs have in the thumb. I mean KM has been a fantastic for us, hard working,etc but at 36 should only really be a super sub type. Maybe we will sign a top notch striker at which point the title looks a bit more realistic.

we've already been told to expect 2 or 3 more top quality additions with probably a couple of squad players on top of that, id expect one of them to be a cb and one to be a cf,the taigs are also in a transitional period and have the added burden of European games by the time the season starts i expect us to be much much stronger than last season

The way were going about our business I fully expect to challenge for that league for the full season. Were the fittest team in the country by a mile. We are not far away at all from midfield to front. We have the technical ability, pace and goal scoring exploits that will more than match every team in the Prem. 

Aberdeen ran cellic pretty close without even breaking the bank. Their biggest outlay has been Kenny McLean ffs. 

Throw in a couple of defenders and serious competition for Wes and I believe the minimum we will achieve is a double.