Reasonable target for next season

18 hours ago, DrLaudrup said:

No Rangers player or manager should say at the beginning of the season that second would be acceptable. Our goal must always be to win the SPL, and every tournament we enter. 

Granted it will be harder for us than it has been before for various reasons (realistically we will not be favourites with the bookies for the SPL), but stating we would take 2nd would hand the initiative to them and make us look weak. Brendan and that mob must not think they are going to get an easy ride from us. We are not weak, and for me must aim and try to win the division and batter them into oblivion every time we play them. 

The main one being that the SPL doesn't exist anymore so to win it would be bloody magnificent.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 hours ago, Corky True Legend said:

Of course we want to win every game but the title of the thread says "reasonable". Some do not appear to have learned from the Cup Final. We are by no means the finished article but a lot will depend on who we can bring in during the transfer window. A top 4 position would be a reasonable result with one of the cups.

Need to be a bit more consistent on our away results and our defending at set pieces . 

The tims are no great shakes and I would expect higher than fourth , even disappointed ,  but with the right signings as you say , we could be there or thereabouts . 

Reasonable target for next season? Gub Celic every time and hope our supporters boycott away grounds.

That includes the tattie howkers of Kilmarnock where director Billy Bowie penned in their local rag that they've calculated how much dosh will be made when our Bears visit. Fuck that.

Also achieve a bigger average crowd attendance than the unwashed rattlers.

We have not finished in the transfer market and every player so far is either POTY for the club or in leagues team of the year or an exciting prospect. We are not a work in progress anymore we are a team full of winners and I do not expect that level to drop neither will MW and SDW.

Winning the league is a reasonable target. 

There is not a massive gulf between the championship and the top league. 

We have already showed we can go toe to toe with the soap dodgers and teams like Kilmarnock had started to set up with men behind the ball last year. So it's already looking like the old days.

The best thing we can hope for is that Aberdeen and Hearts think that we are there for the taking.

I'm confident that any team that has a go will be beaten. I'm looking forward to the Girodome, shitodrie and swinecastle. Those could be fantastic games.

It's the diddy teams that worry me, but hopefully that's something the management team will work on over the summer.