Reasonable target for next season

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, kanjo said:

Winning it.  With all respect to the Championship... it was a tough league... but SPL teams won't sit in and defend with 10 men against us and that will suit our style.

For the first 4 matches and then they'll realise it's pretty futile and go back to parking the bus :lol::lol:

Just now, RFCRobertson said:

For the first 4 matches and then they'll realise it's pretty futile and go back to parking the bus :lol::lol:

I'd think 5 or 6 teams would (try) and go toe to toe.  Whether they continue to as you say is something else to think about.  Getting a good start is vital though and a winning run including a win against Celtc will determine our season I think.

Despite all the chat coming from Legoland, I don't think their new manager is as good as people make him out to be.  Saying that though I think Hearts will be our toughest challenge other than them.

Just now, kanjo said:

I'd think 5 or 6 teams would (try) and go toe to toe.  Whether they continue to as you say is something else to think about.  Getting a good start is vital though and a winning run including a win against Celtc will determine our season I think.

Despite all the chat coming from Legoland, I don't think their new manager is as good as people make him out to be.  Saying that though I think Hearts will be our toughest challenge other than them.

Celtic tried playing football against us and even they eventually crumpled and relied on 9-10 men behind the ball.

If all of them don't do it after at least a good 5 game run, then a lot of them will have it has a back up tactic against us. 

3 hours ago, Fifebear1690 said:

Point is that its a step up in the quality of opponent we will be facing. U really believe that over 38 games we will be consistent enough and take enough points at places like Pittordrie and Tynescastle to win the league. Well I hope your right but seeing all this talk of trebles and we are gonna win the league etc makes me think some people have got a bit ahead of themselves in estimating where our recovery is

With a step up in quality of our own, which will be better quality than what that shite have. We're in it to win it and should not accept anything less. 2nd is last and the manager knows that, so he won't be planning for a season where 2nd or 3rd will be considered a good result. If you're happy with a result like that, then go and support one of the teams you mentioned. They would certainly be happy with that.

Winning the league in absolute style, dismantling every fuckin team the country has to offer and enjoying the moments that every cunt wanted to take from us.

Absolutely nothing else other than winning the league will do... cups are a bonus.

31 minutes ago, kanjo said:

Winning it.  With all respect to the Championship... it was a tough league... but SPL teams won't sit in and defend with 10 men against us and that will suit our style.

Did you watch the first half of the Scottish Cup semi? Bus was well and truly parked for most of it.

Target is first, end of!

However, yes we will need to sneak a few 1-0 wins, but my only reservation is our central defence. In a perfect world, I would like both the current incumbents replaced, but I could just about cope with one, but he would need be quality. Imposing, good positional sense,  good timing, good in the air and a good turn of pace.

Of course we want to win every game but the title of the thread says "reasonable". Some do not appear to have learned from the Cup Final. We are by no means the finished article but a lot will depend on who we can bring in during the transfer window. A top 4 position would be a reasonable result with one of the cups.

First few games are crucial, need to get off to a good start. Currently, I reckon we're probably above Aberdeen and Hearts in squad quality but I fear that we'll have an Aberdeen style collapse at a couple of points during the season. Consistency will be massive, we had a couple of dodgy spells this season, but with a few additions, and depending on what David Brent does, I still think there's a chance we can win the title. 

8 hours ago, Fifebear1690 said:

Love the optimism and hope maybe I have been too cautious in setting that target in my own mind. Maybe I have under estimated how strong our squad will be or over estimated how good the opposition will be. If there is money still to spend and it seems like there might be then an out and out quality striker is critical. Someone to partner Wilson in centre of defence will be key as well. U guys have all got me actually thinking about what it will be like if we can get number 55. wow.

You gotta have

om.jpg

Ya Bufty :wink:

No Rangers player or manager should say at the beginning of the season that second would be acceptable. Our goal must always be to win the SPL, and every tournament we enter. 

Granted it will be harder for us than it has been before for various reasons (realistically we will not be favourites with the bookies for the SPL), but stating we would take 2nd would hand the initiative to them and make us look weak. Brendan and that mob must not think they are going to get an easy ride from us. We are not weak, and for me must aim and try to win the division and batter them into oblivion every time we play them. 

I think the target should be the number one spot, but I will not be as disappointed as I have been in the past when losing out to the scum. It's hard to tell but  imagine so anyway. As long as I see we are heading in a direction which will stand us in good stead for constant success in the future, with a great philosophy and playing style then I would be far more accepting of not ending first. I think :lol: