Simply The Best

Now we are back in the big league, should we bring back the classic from tina?

I don't honestly know why it stopped, but it doesn't half get you going. The fans belting that out on the first game of the season will get everyone totally buzzing.

Should we/can we bring it back?

I'm up for it, it would be a great reminder to the rest that we are back to kick ass!

SIMPLY THE BEST :21:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, 1NachoNovo said:

OK :(

Do the fans listen to it on headphones then? Any game I've watched, I haven't heard it in ages.

A shorter version comes on before penny arcade I'm sure.

Don't usually get to the games until it's right at KO when I go so tend to miss the pre-match stuff.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Positive I've heard it every game I've been there, unless I'm tripping :lol: 

Cool. It's just before every game I've watched, it's been Penny Arcade before kick off and it's not the most motivating song, especially for players that couldn't give a shit about it. Simply The Best should be belted out again right up until kick off. We used to do it and we should do it again. It gets the fans and the players fired up right before the first whistle. 

2 minutes ago, 1NachoNovo said:

Cool. It's just before every game I've watched, it's been Penny Arcade before kick off and it's not the most motivating song, especially for players that couldn't give a shit about it. Simply The Best should be belted out again right up until kick off. We used to do it and we should do it again. It gets the fans and the players fired up right before the first whistle. 

It's right before Penny Arcade (tu) 

But as far as a song to get everyone going...

The Blue Sea of Ibrox for me everytime.

At full pelt when we reach "It's the greatest sight that I have ever seen" it's the most powerful line of a song since TBB stopped.

49 minutes ago, Drumloyal said:

It's been played as the players enter the field for the last 20yrs;  in Fact I remember it as long as I can remember and I have had a season book since 1985.

You are either an armchair fan or a taig if you don't know that. 

It certainly hasn't been played since 1985. The Tina Turner version didn't come out until 1989 (with the Bonnie Tyler version a year earlier!)

2 hours ago, TheCutch said:

But as far as a song to get everyone going...

The Blue Sea of Ibrox for me everytime.

At full pelt when we reach "It's the greatest sight that I have ever seen" it's the most powerful line of a song since TBB stopped.

Sorry but I cannae go blue sea it's so gay and happy clappy I honestly feel like getting the pies in when that starts

20 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Sorry but I cannae go blue sea it's so gay and happy clappy I honestly feel like getting the pies in when that starts

Always been one of my favourite Gers anthems mate.

Thought after I had posted that obviously Derry's Walls gets the place rocking more than most, but sadly they won't play us that over the tannoy. :lol: