The Captain

RDFM

1 minute ago, BonjourBonjour said:

You think people will remember his name in 30 years ?

I will, I'm pretty sure many other will. This has been the most important part of our history. Don't you think? Isn't what happened etched into your brain? We saw players who were born and bred rangers fans leaving us.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, BonjourBonjour said:

Old guys in the pub talking about Cup Winners Cup legends,9 in a row etc....then some guy says "Aye but Lee Wallace won the lower league titles". :uk:

:lol: Out of likes but 100% true. A good player and a great man but never a legend.

2 minutes ago, ForeverBlue1872 said:

I will, I'm pretty sure many other will. This has been the most important part of our history. Don't you think? Isn't what happened etched into your brain? We saw players who were born and bred rangers fans leaving us.

I hope he isn't heralded as a legend in the future or else our standards have fallen, far.

1 hour ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

Probably get hate for this but fuck it. What has happened to him? Seriously, he's been fucking dire in just about every game.

Only read your message and it got me thinking. I love wallace but is he Rangers captain? I dont know. He hides to much. I love Wallace and he deserves tht armband but i want to see more from him. I want to see him scream, i want to see him grabing players and giving them advice, i want to see him calming barton down during the old firm, i want to see him lift 55 and kiss tht glorious jersey? 

3 minutes ago, ForeverBlue1872 said:

You're obviously a mouthbreather, mate.

When you've lost an argument and start to realise that you're wrong so you resort to child like name calling. Fantastic stuff.

13 minutes ago, BonjourBonjour said:

Old guys in the pub talking about Cup Winners Cup legends,9 in a row etc....then some guy says "Aye but Lee Wallace won the lower league titles". :uk:

But then. They were never faced with playing at a higher standard , making more money too, were they?

2 minutes ago, pollok-bear said:

Only read your message and it got me thinking. I love wallace but is he Rangers captain? I dont know. He hides to much. I love Wallace and he deserves tht armband but i want to see more from him. I want to see him scream, i want to see him grabing players and giving them advice, i want to see him calming barton down during the old firm, i want to see him lift 55 and kiss tht glorious jersey? 

Out of likes but 100%, if he's not shouting then who else should be.

1 minute ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

When you've lost an argument and start to realise that you're wrong so you resort to child like name calling. Fantastic stuff.

Once you come out with something relevant, then, I might take you serious. Your argument is flawed.

1 minute ago, ForeverBlue1872 said:

Once you come out with something relevant, then, I might take you serious. Your argument is flawed.

Just stick to calling people on the Internet mouthbreathers, it suits you.

1 hour ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

Probably get hate for this but fuck it. What has happened to him? Seriously, he's been fucking dire in just about every game.

Thing ive recognised this season is no one wants to stand up to the task. Im usually the most confident guy in the stadium but this season ive feared the worse.

Just now, In Dungeons Deep said:

Just stick to calling people on the Internet mouthbreathers, it suits you.

I don't often do that, but when you come out with absolute shite and cant back up your words then I feel entitled to cal you that. I'Ll give you another chance to back up your shite?

Just now, ForeverBlue1872 said:

I don't often do that, but when you come out with absolute shite and cant back up your words then I feel entitled to cal you that. I'Ll give you another chance to back up your shite?

I have, why don't you make your case as to why a fairly average left back would go down as a legend (don't make another loyalty point as I already debunked that)

Just now, ForeverBlue1872 said:

So what defines a Rangers legend to you?

An exceptional player that archives exceptional things with the club and is with the club for a lengthy period of time. Only one of these things describe Wallace.

1 minute ago, ForeverBlue1872 said:

So who are Rangers legends in your opinion?

I see where this is going, I'll play along. Any more mundane questions you'd like to ask? 

Greig, Cooper, Jardine, McCoist, Meiklejohn, Gough for example

He's like most of the team , levels have dropped , style of play have completely changed. When things are going this badly you need a captain with a mouth and a set of balls and Wallace has never been that kind of player. He can be a good player but he has never been a captain.

I think people will talk about him in years to come especially if he lifts 55. The next next generation of Rangers fan will look back on our dark days and they will look at the names of the players who took us back up, one name will stand out as having been through the full journey and came back up and hopefully captained us to 55. I'm certainly not calling Wallace a legend but maybe history will ? You can be a club legend for a number of different reasons maybe his is just a little bit different. Maybe I'm talking pish it's a bit early for me.