Sick and tired of this

gmcf

23 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Our action to our defensive incapabilities was to sign Senderos and Hill.

It is clear why, and if we cannot sign a decent defender because of it, what makes you think we'll start throwing money away on litigation? 

Not sure I would class protecting the club and brand as "throwing money away"

5 hours ago, gmcf said:

How long are we going to put up with the shite coming out of our national press before we take realistic action  ?

In the last few days we've had apologies from the herald for giving a platform to someone claiming that Barton could claim religious discrimination , we now have the record apologising for a report about Rangers fans obstructing the police at the cup final . 

The reality is , the damage has already been done . Apology or not , time tells you mud sticks , however unfair , or in our case how blatantly false it is . It damages our brand and with it , potentially , much needed revenue from sponsorship etc . The very fact these papers are now offering apologies tells you that they know they're wrong but still don't give a damn. 

I think it's about time we took these people to task , and by that I mean straight to the courts . Why not bypass the demand of an apology . Go       straight to the courts for defamation and loss of potential sponsorship . Better still , and I've no great knowledge of this , but instead of going after the press , why not go straight to the individual involved ? We all know the usual suspects , and I'm pretty confident ,mwhen it's personal , these guys aren't as brave as they would be without the umbrella of their employer . 

All fine and dandy , dishing out bans and seeking apologies , but time to get real and look to the courts and maybe , just maybe , these guys will think twice before seeing us as a route to stardom to the masses in the esst . 

Having James Traynor at our club is one of the most destructive things we could have .

He does sweet fuck all for his money 

Until our club goes on the attack .It will continue 

2 hours ago, B1872 said:

The supporters can only go so much. We need the club to lead the fight. The start would be to ban the lot of them and then advise the fans to stop buying or viewing these publications online.

Of course it should be the club leading the fight . I don't think it's their remit on telling us what to buy but we should know that ourselves already . 

2 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

I agree that something needs to be done. Imho, Taking the individual or the editor to court for defamation does not stop the rest of the industry printing nonfactual negative stories about Rangers, it's staff or fans. Court cases cost money and the club only has so much to spend on litigation. Maybe a fund could be created to collect donations for this cause alone, with the condition that any funds not used will go to Rangers charity foundation. Our fans have already proven that they can campaign for change.

The fact the club have started demanding an apology is a start. The retraction is a small win, it officially proves that the newspapers were in the wrong about what they printed. The club should get MP's on board and campaign to have media law changed, so that ALL sports writers in general have to report on clubs in a neutral manner. That's the only way I can see our club getting parity.

It won't stop the rest , but we need to pick our targets to those who continually to do so . Like I say I'd like to go after them individually , if that is possible ( I'm not really sure how litigation works ) . I understand your point about the costs so we have to pick winnable fights , there's plenty of them - the fact we've had apologies in the past tells you that (tu) 

1 hour ago, loyalfollower said:

Right.. we have certain people in the media with agendas against RFC.. so which outlet will actually allow a club statement condemning them?? None.  

the board have done what they can in asking for apologies, now if the record stuck by its lies then and only then could we go to court with these bastards- the fact they know they made 'errors' and rectified them means the issue is sorted.

in all honesty I wish the clubs media releases were all in house or to sky and talk sport.  I know those shows have bheasts on them but at least we get balanced reporting 

Is it sorted though ? The damage is already done with what's been printed .

There are times where I think that an apology is already written before the piece goes to print ! I'm being facetious here , but hope you get what I mean with that . 

48 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Time the board took serious action here 

look over to the girodome and copy lieswells approach 

he has the press running scared of legal action ,hence the reason we see reports in the papers about football fans wearing green and Palestinian protesters fighting with rangers fans ,rather than mentioning that it's Celtic fans up to no good 

brand protection is the name of their game ,goes all the way back to the torbet days ,

next scumbag who reports nonsense should be issued with  defamation writ and taken to the cleaners ,

Spot on (tu) 

They certainly seem to have more control over the press than we've had recently . 

27 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Having James Traynor at our club is one of the most destructive things we could have .

He does sweet fuck all for his money 

Until our club goes on the attack .It will continue 

I actually thought having JT at the club would have been a good thing . He wrote some good and fair pieces in his last days at the dr , when everyone else was going tonto . 

But you're right , haven't really heard from him in years , particularly at a time when we could be doing with someone sticking up for us . 

29 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Not sure I would class protecting the club and brand as "throwing money away"

Agreed, poorly put, but you know what I mean.

As you know, our main revenue is through ticket sales, ticket sales are directly influenced by how we do on the park. So if we had only a little bit of money in my opinion it would be best used on the park instead of to fight against no-mark cowards in the media hiding behind their media outlets and printing any old pish they want. When we get to where we should be, then we can rule with an iron fist, just now I feel we are weak and therefore to expect the club to do anything about it is a bit far fetched.

What we can do is educate people through our own media, and try and install ourselves into prominent positions to influence, that's all we have just now. This also takes more of commitment from the fans of our club. Would be different if we had a sugar daddy - we do not.

6 hours ago, gmcf said:

How long are we going to put up with the shite coming out of our national press before we take realistic action  ?

In the last few days we've had apologies from the herald for giving a platform to someone claiming that Barton could claim religious discrimination , we now have the record apologising for a report about Rangers fans obstructing the police at the cup final . 

The reality is , the damage has already been done . Apology or not , time tells you mud sticks , however unfair , or in our case how blatantly false it is . It damages our brand and with it , potentially , much needed revenue from sponsorship etc . The very fact these papers are now offering apologies tells you that they know they're wrong but still don't give a damn. 

I think it's about time we took these people to task , and by that I mean straight to the courts . Why not bypass the demand of an apology . Go       straight to the courts for defamation and loss of potential sponsorship . Better still , and I've no great knowledge of this , but instead of going after the press , why not go straight to the individual involved ? We all know the usual suspects , and I'm pretty confident ,mwhen it's personal , these guys aren't as brave as they would be without the umbrella of their employer . 

All fine and dandy , dishing out bans and seeking apologies , but time to get real and look to the courts and maybe , just maybe , these guys will think twice before seeing us as a route to stardom to the masses in the esst . 

Have to agree.  Like you, I don't know how practical it is but would love to see the club go after the individual who is spouting nonsense/defaming us.  You know they would play the victim card, and the compliant press would play up the big bad Rangers angle to the hilt, but maybe when somebody like the Hag has got to sell her house to pay her legal bills it might hit him to them we are not an easy touch anymore.  In addition, I and I think most Rangers fans would enjoy that scenario immensely.

10 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

Have to agree.  Like you, I don't know how practical it is but would love to see the club go after the individual who is spouting nonsense/defaming us.  You know they would play the victim card, and the compliant press would play up the big bad Rangers angle to the hilt, but maybe when somebody like the Hag has got to sell her house to pay her legal bills it might hit him to them we are not an easy touch anymore.  In addition, I and I think most Rangers fans would enjoy that scenario immensely.

Yeah , I'd love it to happen . Even just one would make others think twice about what they're saying . 

People having a go at James Traynor, fucking rediculous. Just because he's the last man down the line it's his fault.

He does what he is asked to do, otherwise he wouldn't be in the job, you can be sure the club is happy with what Traynor is doing, so if you want to blame someone blame King etc the apologist. He's directing things afterall.

9 hours ago, gmcf said:

They are just seeing how far they can push us and apparently it's a long long way 

Sorry but I've not read the whole thread, but where is all the politicians that make idiotic laws concerning football. Why don't they get there over active mouths started up in highlighting the bias that besets Rangers FC and their followers. Bias that is mostly of a religious nature, even if it's not bigoted words that are actually used, any idiot, such as our politicians could tell that that is indeed the inspiration against us.

Then again, what a stupid question! They're all queing up to get their season tickets for septic fc.

13 hours ago, Brackley said:

Instead oint allowing the apologies to be hidden on page 32 the law should be changed to say the apology should be the same size and page of the offending article. IE.  Full front page lie equals full front page apology.

We cold all chip IN and taķe a full page IN a rival paper and get them to print IN full colour.

15 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

I agree that something needs to be done. Imho, Taking the individual or the editor to court for defamation does not stop the rest of the industry printing nonfactual negative stories about Rangers, it's staff or fans. Court cases cost money and the club only has so much to spend on litigation. Maybe a fund could be created to collect donations for this cause alone, with the condition that any funds not used will go to Rangers charity foundation. Our fans have already proven that they can campaign for change.

The fact the club have started demanding an apology is a start. The retraction is a small win, it officially proves that the newspapers were in the wrong about what they printed. The club should get MP's on board and campaign to have media law changed, so that ALL sports writers in general have to report on clubs in a neutral manner. That's the only way I can see our club getting parity.

Great idea. We could call it the Rangers Fans Fighting Fund. Oh wait a minute.

I agree with the op that the club should go after the paper, through the court system, however, if we were to go after the individual, that could be a very different story. 

Whoever it was that wrote the lies about our club, and our fans, would more than likely, play the victim card if we went after them. It would be 'Big Bad Rangers Going after a poor wee journalist, who made a tiny wee error whilst doing their job' sort of shite they'd come out with. Then you'd have all the usual cunts lining up to defend their fellow journalist/broadcaster, on every media outlet.

I want to see Rangers make headlines, for winning games/titles/trophies, on the back pages, not making front page headlines for suing some cunt of a journo, because of the lies they spout. A decent sized apology, on the front page, and a decent sized contribution to a charity of our choosing, is all that is necessary in my mind..  

19 hours ago, Brackley said:

Instead of allowing the apologies to be hidden on page 32 the law should be changed to say the apology should be the same size and page of the offending article. IE.  Full front page lie equals full front page apology.

Good idea.

19 hours ago, Brackley said:

Instead of allowing the apologies to be hidden on page 32 the law should be changed to say the apology should be the same size and page of the offending article. IE.  Full front page lie equals full front page apology.

I agree with you, to an extent, but I'd love it if all apologies/retractions, for untruthful stories, must put on the front page of the paper involved. If it was on Reporting Scotland, or on any radio channel, they should be made to read out an apology, that has been accepted by the injured party, at the very start of the programme, and at the end, just in case anyone missed the start..

Along with decent donations to a charity, chosen by the injured party, just in case any of the easily offended started going after the media, for frivolous complaints, just trying to get some 'Compensation' out of it..