Warburton is a fraud and the signs have been there since the first Hibs game

11 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

thats the point, we are sitting back saying "aye well we created enough chances so the loss isnt as bad" but then when we talk about the tarriers chances in the semi final its "aye well they didnt take their chances blah blah blah"

the tarriers got a lesson in ball retention in the OF semi final, but we also got a lesson in how to defend, craig gordon never had a save to make between millers goal and mckay smashing in that screamer, that was about an hour of football, 1 hour of football and not a single shot on goal from us, yet people cream themselves because we beat them on penalties

It was a good victory against the odds - i dont know why people cant accept it for what it was -  but i dont think anybody thought we were the finished article. 

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

the "if your aunt had baws" quote applies to the Cetic game last season as well surely? thats the point I made. Your using that argument to back up your own points, and then slagging posters who are using it  to back up theirs. You cant have it both ways.

It would be ok if we were talking about dropping points in a one off game due to not taking chances. Similarly, it would be ok if we dropped points in the odd match due to a rare defensive howler. When we've won three league games due to it since the end of March because of an inability to score and shipping easy goals in almost every game then it's a sign something is wrong, and it's seriously wrong with our manager's stubbornness to not learn from his mistakes. Similarly, we're only winning games because teams are missing open goals we gift them.

You know who it reminds me most of? Andre Villas Boas. Compete failure at Chelsea and Spurs because he was completely incapable of seeing his rigid way of playing football needed changed.

Peformances have been pish but has anyone really been blown away by any of the opposition?

Second will be very very doable. It's not nice to hear but this season was always about consolidating. I'd rather take it steady, get the right players and structures in place to be able to mount credible challenges to the title each and every season - which I what I think will happen if Warburton is given sufficient time.

1 minute ago, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

It would be ok if we were talking about dropping points in a one off game due to not taking chances. Similarly, it would be ok if we dropped points in the odd match due to a rare defensive howler. When we've won three league games due to it side the end of March because of an inability to score and shipping easy goals in almost every game then it's a sign something is wrong, and it's seriously wrong with our manager's stubbornness to not learn from his mistakes.

You know who it reminds me most of? Andre Villas Boas. Compete failure at Chelsea and Spurs because he was completely incapable of seeing his rigid way of playing football needed changed.

do you think he should be sacked right now?

1 hour ago, The No.9 said:

Lol spot on with the first part , sad to say but money does win titles up here. Celtics squad is around 20+million ours is less than Scott Sinclair ?

I don't know what Sinclair cost but I've heard around 4 million and he's done the business so far for them. I don't think he's worth that however but to the inbreds he probably helps guarantee another shot at champions league football.

whereas we sign 2 lads on a free from Accrington Stanley.  Good players they may be but they won't have the same effect on our team that Sinclair had for the tims.

theres no denying we could do a lot better defensively but again that's down to money- and I'm not talking 1.8 million here. A solid center back with good feet is easy 5 million.

its the hand we've got and we just need to play on I'm afraid!

We need our stirkers to hit a bit of a scoring streak also -our top scorers are Miller (2) and Forrester (2) in the league so far this season.  We have a lot of possession but don't score enough, we need at least one of these to hit a bit of form

14 hours ago, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

he's spent more than anyone in the league outside Celtic yet we're seventh 3 points off second

Couldn't be bothered reading all the responses but highlighted a valid point for all the super fans out there.

36 minutes ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

People need to stop going on about that OF game in respect to how good we are. The first was excellent, as good as we've played for a few years. The second half was even as was all of extra time and on another day Roberts doesn't miss that shot and Foderingham doesn't save Griffiths' free kick. Other teams beat Celtic last year, some even beat them more comprehensively than us (See Aberdeen 3 - 2 Celtic). Let's also not forgot the fact we've been abysmal from that game onwards.

The team set a level that day. Its now there job to get back to that level. Do that well be ok.

On another day can be used in any scenario. Like on another day if senderos doesn't get sent off at 3-1 down could we have come back v the scum. On other day Waggy scores yesterday and we leave with a point. All if's and buts.

We won the semi we have proven we can be a top team lets no start just looking for excuses out of positive situation to have a go at the manager with.

yesterday  the sheep had a terrible first half, their manager recognised that , made a change and won the match, we should have been two or three up by half time but the old problem of not taking our chances is still there, do we make changes ? of course not , 60 mins has to be reached for that to happen. 

on tuesday we beat a good Queen of the south team easily, we were scoring freely and general play was good, then yesterday its all change, Waggy pushed out right, Mackay came in , did little appart from give the ball away, Garner ??? waste of a shirt, Wallace is a shadow of the player he was last year too.

it worked on Tuesday , why all the changes ?

14 hours ago, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

he's spent more than anyone in the league outside Celtic yet we're seventh 3 points off second

Couldn't be bothered reading all the responses but highlighted a valid point for all the super fans out there.

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

do you think he should be sacked right now?

I'm struggling to see how he can start winning matches without changing his system. It doesn't work, hasn't done so for months, and it's obvious to everyone but him. If this week wasn't the straw that broke his system's back, then I can't see what will make him change. I want to see him change things before he gets sacked, he has to change things, he really does. If he isn't willing to change then I'd rather see him sacked today and give someone else a chance to salvage this season before he makes it mathematically impossible.

I like him, he generally comes across well, but he's shown many signs of strain recently, and he was obviously rattled by Stubbs last year. It's all getting to him and you've got to think the job is too big for him. He's talking up a defeat against Aberdeen as a positive ffs.

Below is a reminder to (presumably miss) Danny Morrison of her post in the "next manager thread"

Two good Bluenoses with a stellar record in management thus far. (Coyle and Lambert)

I would take Lennon too, but as I said, I don't like the fact he's managed Bolton. And the fact he managed and played for Celtic makes me think he prefers them to us.

Bit different to what you say above

Fucking hell

2 minutes ago, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

I'm struggling to see how he can start winning matches without changing his system. It doesn't work, hasn't done so for months, and it's obvious to everyone but him. If this week wasn't the straw that broke his system's back, then I can't see what will make him change. I want to see him change things before he gets sacked, he has to change things, he really does. If he isn't willing to change then I'd rather see him sacked today and give someone else a chance to salvage this season before he makes it mathematically impossible.

I like him, he generally comes across well, but he's shown many signs of strain recently, and he was obviously rattled by Stubbs last year. It's all getting to him and you've got to think the job is too big for him. He's talking up a defeat against Aberdeen as a positive ffs.

You have not answered the question: you called him a fraud in the title of your post - so you do you think he should be sacked immediately?:

1 minute ago, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

His system doesn't work any evidence his system is to blame for our poor start... Systems can't help individual errors.

18 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

It was a good victory against the odds - i dont know why people cant accept it for what it was -  but i dont think anybody thought we were the finished article. 

really? cause all we've heard since then is how we're gonna smash the tarriers etc, i loved the semi final win as much as anyone else, but i also knew we rode our luck so much that day, a lot of people took it as a sign that we were ready to win the title

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

really? cause all we've heard since then is how we're gonna smash the tarriers etc, i loved the semi final win as much as anyone else, but i also knew we rode our luck so much that day, a lot of people took it as a sign that we were ready to win the title

well i think most people thought that we COULD challenge - with some good signings. Especially a defence. I think almost everybody on here said we need to get better in the centre of defence or we would stuggle...I certainly did

http://www.rangersmedia.co.uk/news/index.php/news/matches/league/179-springing-a-leak

:rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

His system doesn't work any evidence his system is to blame for our poor start... Systems can't help individual errors.

I've discussed many different aspects of Warburton's failings in this thread. He has an inability to pick a centre half, Kiernan should never have played for Rangers again after the cup final yet he's still first choice, and it's Warburton's choice.

He's persisted with a system since taking over that gifts easy chances to the opposition. Obviously it continually looks like individual mistakes, and many times it is, but these mistakes have been borne out of pressure invited onto our defence because of Warburton's system. Similarly, how fucking badly do we defend corners?!?? We are literally one off the worst sides at defending corners I've ever seen in my life. Surely this is about effective organisation trained by the manager?

We miss chances, but let's be honest, none of the chances yesterday were 'bet your life' on chances. Waghorn's was the best, but it was still tricky. The missing of what rare chances we get is also indicative of the fact that the quality of these chances isn't good enough to convert them, and it's happening in almost every league match. Warburton hasn't got a system that gives our strikers enough opportunities to score, it's completely ineffectual and has been easily defended against by some of the worst teams in the league ffs. 

The problem with Warburton is that he's not learning from his mistakes. He's not recognising it's not working, and that is an unforgivable failing.

31 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

You have not answered the question: you called him a fraud in the title of your post - so you do you think he should be sacked immediately?:

MW is a fraud but the OP likes him and doesn't want him sacked. doh The lad is clearly unhinged. 

I don't think he's a Fraud he's a rookie manager learning at a club who expectation is always and should alway be high. I don't rate him and some of his buys but he seems a decent guy who's just out of his depth at Rangers.