Joshua Adair Facebook page and Auction

Scottyarf37

I know we have the pinned post at the top but concerned not many people have looked for any updates.   I am impatient,  and we need a lot of likes and share.  Please help.

Afternoon guys, as you know I posted earlier asking to help,I have been in Contact with Mark and with his and his Families blessing I have set up a Facebook page and plan to run an online Auction,  Gather prizes and administrate and update the page with Marks assistance.

I have a few items at the moment for something I done similar. (Signed Scum Top (I know but funds required) I have 2 tickets to a Sunderland Home game, Tour of Ibrox, Signed Hamilton Ball, and will use my contacts to get a lot more item's from resturants and Distilleries. Mark has told me he has a few football related items too.

I need as many of you to like and share the page, get as many people as you can ready for the Auction starting.If you have any other ideas let me know. If u have anyone you can contact for donations please do.

https://www.facebook.com/For-Joshua-1597946450501970/

Let's show the world what a club and fanbase we really are.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The action and fund raising for this wee boy has been pathetic.(not a dig at mark or anyone on here) 100k to get to America should cost each Ibrox punter at a full house at Ibrox around £2.06p. (Bear in mind I'm not including away fans) 

People like to kid on they care about folk in Palestine and the likes so donate 10 and 20 quid to their causes. Facebook, Twitter the lot is full of people who want to join in "crazes" to recive likes and shares. They want to put things like "wee umbeke doesn't need to walk 9 mile now as I donate 8quid and that gets him a well"

This wee guy is one of our own and the apathy we show as a support is pathetic at times. Ffs £2.06p from 47000 would have this wee guy getting the surgery he requires in the US. 

Sorry for the rant but it infuriates me 

19 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

The action and fund raising for this wee boy has been pathetic.(not a dig at mark or anyone on here) 100k to get to America should cost each Ibrox punter at a full house at Ibrox around £2.06p. (Bear in mind I'm not including away fans) 

People like to kid on they care about folk in Palestine and the likes so donate 10 and 20 quid to their causes. Facebook, Twitter the lot is full of people who want to join in "crazes" to recive likes and shares. They want to put things like "wee umbeke doesn't need to walk 9 mile now as I donate 8quid and that gets him a well"

This wee guy is one of our own and the apathy we show as a support is pathetic at times. Ffs £2.06p from 47000 would have this wee guy getting the surgery he requires in the US. 

It's the red tape that infuriates me. I am sure enough of us on RM would turn up and do a bucket collection at a game and raise the money in an afternoon but apparently there is too much red tape to allow it :power_of_anguish:

6 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

While you're right in what you say, and while you're not having a dig at RM members, I still think it's only fair to say that many folk on RM have been working as hard as they can, with what little they have, and have taken it, virtually single-handed, from £300 to £9k in 5 months.

The vast majority of donations have been from RangersMedia members, or from leads generated by RangersMedia members. (apart from the recent £2k brought in by Sun Readers) 

By my reckoning, we currently have 5 threads promoting it in Bears' Den

Compare and contrast...

http://forum.followfollow.com/showthread.php?1082556-My-wee-teddy-bear/page4

So yes I agree, there's a problem, but it's certainly not here on RM!

Oh and if the Club would give us some proper support, we'd probably get on a lot better too!

oCryTE.jpg 

2vj21ed.png

1 minute ago, govanblue said:

While you're right in what you say, and while you're not having a dig at RM members, I still think it's only fair to say that many folk on RM have been working as hard as they can, with what little they have, and have taken it, virtually single-handed, from £300 to £9k in 5 months.

The vast majority of donations have been from RangersMedia members, or from leads generated by RangersMedia members. (apart from the recent £2k brought in by Sun Readers) 

Compare and contrast...

Oh and if the Club would give us some proper support, we'd probably get on a lot better too!

oCryTE.jpg 

2vj21ed.png

Aye defo gb. Not a dig at anyone on here and some.of the ideas to raise money have been great. The thread by KAI is a great example of that. 

I just wish It was easier to raise the funds the wee guy needs 

Just now, Rfc52 said:

Aye defo gb. Not a dig at anyone on here and some.of the ideas to raise money have been great. The thread by KAI is a great example of that. 

The problem is, RM seem to be the only group that have taken the appeal to heart, but we're just too small, too insular, and too ineffective to do it on our own, or to convince the Big Bears to get on board.

7 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I still think the supporters' buses post-match envelope whip-round is one of the better ideas, but none of us are well-enough connected with the Supporters' buses network to get such a thing off the ground.  

If you know any bus conveners, please feel free to pester them on my behalf. :thumbup:

9 minutes ago, govanblue said:

Compare and contrast...

oCryTE.jpg 

2vj21ed.png

Remember the offer that i made you for a auction item still stands, if you or Mark want to PM me maybe we can get it sorted.

11 minutes ago, govanblue said:

I still think the supporters' buses post-match envelope whip-round is one of the better ideas, but none of us are well-enough connected with the Supporters' buses network to get such a thing off the ground.  

If you know any bus conveners, please feel free to pester them on my behalf. :thumbup:

@kplfishtank

Anything you can help out with mate?

It was part of the reason I wanted to help so much... Page is now set up, I have a fair few items together already and will guarantee a lot more. I have spoke to Mark and he is happy with me doing this. 

I only heard about the story yesterday,  and it genuinely affected me. I have spoken to people in work and plan on holding a wee night and raising more funds.

I  more than happy to add items to the Auction that people want to collect and Pm me pictures or message the page 

I know we can make a huge difference. 

The Past is the Past and we don't have the luxury of time.  Let's all pull together and do out own bit.

I don't post here often but I would like to do my bit to help as I would hope the same would be done for any of my two children.

Due to work commitments I will now not be able to attend the 1st old firm game of the season at Ibrox along with my 2 kids. I would like it if Govan blue could arrange a raffle/ auction for the tickets with the proceeds going to the wee man.  Both kids tickets can also be upgraded to adults if this is done far enough in advance.  Tickets are main stand rear.

Cheers

Andy

Just now, BUILDMYGALLOWS1986 said:

I don't post here often but I would like to do my bit to help as I would hope the same would be done for any of my two children.

Due to work commitments I will now not be able to attend the 1st old firm game of the season at Ibrox along with my 2 kids. I would like it if Govan blue could arrange a raffle for the tickets with the proceeds going to the wee man.  Both kids tickets can also be upgraded to adults if this is done far enough in advance.  Tickets are main stand rear.

Cheers

Andy

Amazing Gesture Andy. 

I am sure it will be really appreciated and your right if we all do a little we will get to target in no time

5 hours ago, FlashHarryForrester said:

I know we have the pinned post at the top but concerned not many people have looked for any updates.   I am impatient,  and we need a lot of likes and share.  Please help.

Afternoon guys, as you know I posted earlier asking to help,I have been in Contact with Mark and with his and his Families blessing I have set up a Facebook page and plan to run an online Auction,  Gather prizes and administrate and update the page with Marks assistance.

I have a few items at the moment for something I done similar. (Signed Scum Top (I know but funds required) I have 2 tickets to a Sunderland Home game, Tour of Ibrox, Signed Hamilton Ball, and will use my contacts to get a lot more item's from resturants and Distilleries. Mark has told me he has a few football related items too.

I need as many of you to like and share the page, get as many people as you can ready for the Auction starting.If you have any other ideas let me know. If u have anyone you can contact for donations please do.

https://www.facebook.com/For-Joshua-1597946450501970/

Let's show the world what a club and fanbase we really are.

Well done for doing this mate. (tu)

Whatever's being auctioned on facebook, we'll have a thread here for it too.

I'll get a thread going for some auction prize donations too.  Got a couple of items in the pipeline already.

1 hour ago, BUILDMYGALLOWS1986 said:

Due to work commitments I will now not be able to attend the 1st old firm game of the season at Ibrox along with my 2 kids. I would like it if Govan blue could arrange a raffle/ auction for the tickets with the proceeds going to the wee man.  Both kids tickets can also be upgraded to adults if this is done far enough in advance.  Tickets are main stand rear.

Cheers

Andy

Nice one. :thumbup:

Can you send me a PM next week, and we'll work out the details. (tu)

10 minutes ago, govanblue said:

Well done for doing this mate. (tu)

Whatever's being auctioned on facebook, we'll have a thread here for it too.

I'll get a thread going for some auction prize donations too.  Got a couple of items in the pipeline already.

Perfect mate I have a few items in hand the now and a good few contacts from things I have collected recently.  I will add  the stuff to an album tonight and get the ball rolling then just add items as and when they arrive. Mark has told me he will get the pictures of the things he has to me later this evening. 

Just now, FlashHarryForrester said:

Perfect mate I have a few items in hand the now and a good few contacts from things I have collected recently.  I will add  the stuff to an album tonight and get the ball rolling then just add items as and when they arrive. Mark has told me he will get the pictures of the things he has to me later this evening. 

Do you plan on drip-feeding it, or all items in at once?

2 hours ago, govanblue said:

My idea :D

1 hour ago, govanblue said:

Do you plan on drip-feeding it, or all items in at once?

I have made an album there and have added everything I can ( Sunderland tickets, Signed Septic top,  Whisky, Case of beers)  and Mark has added what he has( Kyle Bartley things and Warburton signed print) will publish the Auction on Friday and get on the emails for as many things as I can gather. 

I will Pm you a link to the recent Auction I done for my sister. Will see we got a lot of amazing things I will try and get the same for Joshua.

2 minutes ago, FlashHarryForrester said:

I have made an album there and have added everything I can ( Sunderland tickets, Signed Septic top,  Whisky, Case of beers)  and Mark has added what he has( Kyle Bartley things and Warburton signed print) will publish the Auction on Friday and get on the emails for as many things as I can gather. 

I will Pm you a link to the recent Auction I done for my sister. Will see we got a lot of amazing things I will try and get the same for Joshua.

(tu)

I'm confident we'll do well with Auction items.  The question is, can we reach a large enough audience?

(tu)

I'm confident we'll do well with Auction items.  The question is, can we reach a large enough audience?

(tu)

The page has nearly 100 likes in a day, I have invited everyone I know to like and share the page. If everyone on her does the same. Plus marks family and friends I think we will do well. The last Auction I completed the page only had 344 likes and we raised over 4400.