Joshua Adair Facebook page and Auction

Scottyarf37

I don't use Twitter,  but any the guys on here can tweet the page and increase the audience,  tweet Football players... Ricky Burns friend of mine told me to arrange that as his sister had Ricky come to her house and deliver signed and worn gloves and things after tweeting him.  If we all do a little we can do amazing things.

I will start sending emails tomorrow and hopefully gather a good few donations.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, FlashHarryForrester said:

I don't use Twitter,  but any the guys on here can tweet the page and increase the audience,  tweet Football players... Ricky Burns friend of mine told me to arrange that as his sister had Ricky come to her house and deliver signed and worn gloves and things after tweeting him.  If we all do a little we can do amazing things.

I will start sending emails tomorrow and hopefully gather a good few donations.

what link should we be spreading?

4 hours ago, govanblue said:

The problem is, RM seem to be the only group that have taken the appeal to heart, but we're just too small, too insular, and too ineffective to do it on our own, or to convince the Big Bears to get on board.

Vanguard Bears had Joshua's story on Twitter as arranged with Mark. I got an email response saying they would add it to their Facebook page.

Also, I posted on the Bus & RSC Info on this Forum and asked the RSC's to get involved and spread the word.

I have just launched the Auction now. ...https://m.facebook.com/For-Joshua-1597946450501970/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1597970387166243&mt_nav=1&ref=page_internal

But we need the page to have as many likes as possible and the page shared as many times as we can... 

New Items will be added daily. Few bids in for items already.

The link to please share is this. :   

https://www.facebook.com/For-Joshua-1597946450501970/

7 hours ago, govanblue said:

The problem is, RM seem to be the only group that have taken the appeal to heart, but we're just too small, too insular, and too ineffective to do it on our own, or to convince the Big Bears to get on board.

I think as well that various other funds that have cropped up during the time we have been promoting Joshua's fund have also had an impact.  That's not to say they are not equally deserving but sometimes people have to make a choice which is the one they can support.  I have had to miss out giving to some other causes to support Joshua, if I was wealthy I would pay for the whole thing.  We just need to keep plugging away and coming up with new ideas.  I am going to ask my family to donate to Joshua instead of sending Christmas cards, my sisters usually give to charity the money they would have spent on cards anyway. 

22 hours ago, FlashHarryForrester said:

I know we have the pinned post at the top but concerned not many people have looked for any updates.   I am impatient,  and we need a lot of likes and share.  Please help.

Afternoon guys, as you know I posted earlier asking to help,I have been in Contact with Mark and with his and his Families blessing I have set up a Facebook page and plan to run an online Auction,  Gather prizes and administrate and update the page with Marks assistance.

I have a few items at the moment for something I done similar. (Signed Scum Top (I know but funds required) I have 2 tickets to a Sunderland Home game, Tour of Ibrox, Signed Hamilton Ball, and will use my contacts to get a lot more item's from resturants and Distilleries. Mark has told me he has a few football related items too.

I need as many of you to like and share the page, get as many people as you can ready for the Auction starting.If you have any other ideas let me know. If u have anyone you can contact for donations please do.

https://www.facebook.com/For-Joshua-1597946450501970/

Let's show the world what a club and fanbase we really are.

Page has been liked and shared. I donated a couple of months back but will donate again at the end of the month. Need to get this young Bear to where he can be helped. NS wee man.

So in a day we have over 130 likes and small Auction with nearly 300 pounds thus far. We really need more likes on the page so we can reach a bigger audience. 

If u use Facebook please help by liking and sharing the page, if you have any items that maybe useful for the Auction please let Mark or even myself know. I hopefully will have a few more item's to add in the next few days.

:pipe: ??

5 minutes ago, philiprfc said:

Has the club offered any sort of support here?

Ibrox Tour for the family. Mark Warburton signed photo which is in the Auction. Oh, and Joshua will be the Mascot at one of the games. Mark Adair will be able to give you more details. 

Many of us have tried emailing, Twitter etc but very little or no response to date.

Have you got a contact?

6 minutes ago, philiprfc said:

Has the club offered any sort of support here?

I don't think so but not 100% sure. It just needs more coverage/exposure. If enough people share pages, tweet at people etc, not asking for handouts but just to keep sharing it will soon take traction. The GoFundMe page has been open for over 50 months and only got just over 11% of the target. 

@FlashHarryForrester, just a wee suggestion for the pinned post on the FB page, if you could edit it and add the same text as you have in his story in the 'About' section it might do some good? Just so people have something to read when they click onto the page and watch the video and don't have to go looking for it (you know how lazy folk can be haha)

Will keep sharing

Don't that now mate great suggestion.

You are right in what you say if we keep this in the public eye it will all help.

I haven't mentioned this to Mark yet, but I have been offered the potential opportunity to have a message displayed at "their" Stadium before a game to highlight Joshua's cause. I have a contact that works their, it's where I got the signed top from.

10 minutes ago, Zetland said:

Ibrox Tour for the family. Mark Warburton signed photo which is in the Auction. Oh, and Joshua will be the Mascot at one of the games. Mark Adair will be able to give you more details. 

Many of us have tried emailing, Twitter etc but very little or no response to date.

Have you got a contact?

All the while whoever runs the Rangers instagram is occupying their time by liking all the wags pictures. Fucking shameful.

I do know someone at the club, but I don't have a direct line any longer. Will ask around.