Rangers Games In Your Lifetime You Wish You Could Have Been

K.A.I

What Rangers games in your lifetime were you not at but wished you were? for whatever reason you never made it - no ticket, money, work, illness, family problems, too young - whatever.

For me Bohemians in the mid 80's looked amazing, would love a trip like that.

Marseilles and Leeds are two others that spring to mind that I just wasn't old enough to go on.

What about everyone else?

You have got that Bohemians game wrong mate unless you like being chased by riot police battering fuck out of you with batons then having every window on your bus smashed in as you pass through each town in Ireland.

Oh and a bullet hole through the back window of the bus as well.

Better times and games you missed.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Helicopter Sunday at Easter Road. The game v Killie that won us the league.

And even though we lost, the UEFA Cup final.

I got mine a couple of weeks before (killie) when it looked like the mhanks would win the league, just cause it was Walters last game. Then the mhanks lost to Caley Thistle and the scramble for tickets was mental. I over heard a guy who was selling a ticket outside the ground saying he wouldn't take anything less than 5ton for his spare ticket and about 4 people pulled wads of notes out their pockets and started a bidding war :lol:

Wish I was at the 9 in a row game, especially as my first ever game was the one that essentially lost us 10 in a row.

I got mine a couple of weeks before (killie) when it looked like the mhanks would win the league, just cause it was Walters last game. Then the mhanks lost to Caley Thistle and the scramble for tickets was mental. I over heard a guy who was selling a ticket outside the ground saying he wouldn't take anything less than 5ton for his spare ticket and about 4 people pulled wads of notes out their pockets and started a bidding war :lol:

Wish I was at the 9 in a row game, especially as my first ever game was the one that essentially lost us 10 in a row.

The guy should have been leathered on sight for a stunt like that nevermind being the recipiant of a bidding war.

I seen someone pull the same stunt at Tynecastle a week or so before we beat Dunfermline on goal difference to win the league. He had 3 or 4 spares and was standing under the train bridge where the buses park and people kept diving upto him and asking for them and then walking away upset.

A guy walked across and must have said ok, took him behind one of the buses and battered him as he walked back with the tickets and the guy lying sparkled on the deck. A copper on a motorbike seen the whole thing and never moved or radio'd which makes me think he was happy the guy got gubbed.

I think the guy with the tickets kept one for himself and gave the rest away (someone later said)

When did they put 5 past us? I can't remember that. Remember putting5 past them after the 6-2 game.

5-1 at Parkhead. Advocaat's first Old Firm game I think.

Was it 3pm on a Saturday kick-off and not on the TV? my memory is sketchy.

You have got that Bohemians game wrong mate unless you like being chased by riot police battering fuck out of you with batons then having every window on your bus smashed to in as you pass through each town in Ireland.

Oh and a bullet hole through the back window of the bus as well.

Better times and games you missed.

I know. It sounds like a good trip.

Heicopter Sunday. Only had one ticket and it went to my son. The words will live with me for ever "and the helicopter is changing direction". Still gives me goosebumps and every emotion under the sun.

THE HELICOPTER!! THE, THE THE HELICOPTER IS CHANGING DIRECTON!!

What a day. As much as the Spl split seems daft, it has been bloody good entertainment almost every year.

THE HELICOPTER!! THE, THE THE HELICOPTER IS CHANGING DIRECTON!!

What a day. As much as the Spl split seems daft, it has been bloody good entertainment almost every year.

The only reason I hate the split is because it isn't fair. Two teams going for the title and one having to play an extra away game usually somewhere tough like Tannadice or Pittodrie.

The only reason I hate the split is because it isn't fair. Two teams going for the title and one having to play an extra away game usually somewhere tough like Tannadice or Pittodrie.

Aye, your right, and a ream has a legitimate excuse if they have to go away to the likes of shittodrie and lose. It is unfair, but it has been mostly good for us. Out of all the times the league has went to the last day, we have won all except one.

When did they put 5 past us? I can't remember that. Remember putting5 past them after the 6-2 game.

Advocaat's first season - think it was around November time. Van Bronkhorst scored a cracker of a free kick when we were 3-0 down.

Think it may have been the last OF game in the league to have a 3pm kick off on a Saturday.

Why?

The whole experience left a bitter taste in my mouth im afraid. Cost of a ticket due to touting, getting there and seeing from 9am in the morning that it was an absolute shambles and only going to end in 1 manner. The way we performed on the park was just awful, though to be fair, i would say it was more to do with the way were set up to play, phone constantly going with texts and calls to make sure i was ok and warn me to stay away from the centre then getting back into the centre and seeing the carnage left behind. It was just all round a totally gutting experience and the worst feeling of any "away" game ive been to......and ive been to a LOT back in the day. (tu)

The guy should have been leathered on sight for a stunt like that nevermind being the recipiant of a bidding war.

I seen someone pull the same stunt at Tynecastle a week or so before we beat Dunfermline on goal difference to win the league. He had 3 or 4 spares and was standing under the train bridge where the buses park and people kept diving upto him and asking for them and then walking away upset.

A guy walked across and must have said ok, took him behind one of the buses and battered him as he walked back with the tickets and the guy lying sparkled on the deck. A copper on a motorbike seen the whole thing and never moved or radio'd which makes me think he was happy the guy got gubbed.

I think the guy with the tickets kept one for himself and gave the rest away (someone later said)

Quite right. Robbing a fellow fan is pretty low, we're supposed to the Rangers family.

Regarding the guy in Killie, about 15 people all ran up to him as soon as he lifted his hand with a ticket. I can kinda understand how he started a bid for it (not £500 though) as there was no way of figuring out who was first.

An auction would have been the only way to sort it, or a big square go!! Last man standing gets the ticket :lol:

The game at the Piggery to win the league was fantastic, but the Lovenkrands cup final was a lot more satisfying. Aside from the Roy Of The Rovers last minute cup final winner it was a statement of intent going into the next season when we won the treble. Winning the league at Parkhead we were so much better than them and knew it was a cert before kick-off - well I thought so anyway - it was a bit of an anti-climax - not that I'm complaining. Loved it. Just saying I thought Lovenkrands final was better.

I think the way we done it was perfect , don't get me wrong a last couple of minutes winner would have been good but the way we done it allowed the Bears to sing , dance and party in their midden as they imploded watching it all unfold , would have been a glorious 90 minutes to have been there

The whole experience left a bitter taste in my mouth im afraid. Cost of a ticket due to touting, getting there and seeing from 9am in the morning that it was an absolute shambles and only going to end in 1 manner. The way we performed on the park was just awful, though to be fair, i would say it was more to do with the way were set up to play, phone constantly going with texts and calls to make sure i was ok and warn me to stay away from the centre then getting back into the centre and seeing the carnage left behind. It was just all round a totally gutting experience and the worst feeling of any "away" game ive been to......and ive been to a LOT back in the day. (tu)

My worst feeling was Pittodrie the last league game of the season that year. I normally love my trips up there, but was just absolutely gutted how our season had ended.

It was made all the worse because we started meeting the tarrier buses leaving from celebrating winning at Tannadice. Horrible night. I just wanted to sleep the whole way back.

I think the way we done it was perfect , don't get me wrong a last couple of minutes winner would have been good but the way we done it allowed the Bears to sing , dance and party in their midden as they imploded watching it all unfold , would have been a glorious 90 minutes to have been there

Oh it was still one of the best days ever being a Rangers fan don't get me wrong.

Clinching 9 in a row there was better IMO they really couldn't handle it that day. Pitch invasions the lot. Sub-human scum that they are. They were hurting :lol:

Totally agree. I watched it in a snooker hall on parkhead cross that was weirdly full of Bears.

It's in the top 5 days of my life. Is that sad?

Totally agree. I watched it in a snooker hall on parkhead cross that was weirdly full of Bears.

It's in the top 5 days of my life. Is that sad?

Snook a scene?

Used to go there after every home game wae my old man and pal years ago.

Oh and the top 20 moments of my life apart from 1 would involve Rangers, infact probably the top 100.