Oh O'neill Wont Admit It Neither He Will...

GOAT

On this day 10 years ago, I found out that Sky satellite TV has a good few seconds delay compared to Cable TV

The taigs over the road had Cable and they had gathered in large numbers to celebrate what they thought was a forgone conclusion.

I like many others was watching the Hibs game on Sky TV, more in hope that expectation.

I heard the loud cheering and didn't bother switching channels as I knew they has went ahead, and my wee heart sank.

I spent the next 40 minutes cursing the fuckers, and knew that their celebrations would go long into the night .... fuck them I thought... mhanky rhodent bastards.

We scored, I let out a Yes .. but in the back of my mind, I thought, no way will Motherwell score against them. .. consolation i thought.

Then I heard this noise, like a painful groan, wtf ... surely not .. I quickly switched channels and it was still 1-0 .. but Motherwell were on the attack .. boom 1-1 ..

Then a couple of minutes later ... a louder groan followed by something crashing ... TV, Bernadette or just their bottle ... I never did find out .. but again switched channels to see McDonald score a second ..

I have never felt anything like that feeling before in my life .... it was incredible, watching the scenes at Easter Road, I wished I had been lucky enough to get a ticket...

Just some day all round.

A cheesy yet truthful admission. That day was the day I remember becoming friends with someone who is my best friend today. I was only 13 and a Bear I was friendly with on my street told me Motherwell had equalised while I was kicking my football against the wall across from me. I didn't have Setanta yet he did, so over to his gaff I went.

Since then we must have been at least hundred Rangers games together, whilst him being the reason I'm on this forum today.

That's what Rangers is all about.

Had the great good fortune to be present that day. In footballing terms the only way we will ever experience a better high would be to win another European trophy.

Best memory of the day was seeing the guy in the seat in front of me who was listening to the radio, leap almost 10 feet in the air when Motherwell equalised, scenes of joyous pandemonium then followed unlike any I had seen before or after, including many a goal celebration against the Mhanky Mhob.

Our supporters club bus that day literally bounced home.

I remember the first SMc goal went in and I was in that much shock I never even celebrated, I just could not believe we were almost there.

Then the 2nd went in and I completely exploded. I remember this Motherwell fan that used to stay round the corner from me actually said I should thank him and was dead serious :lol:

Fuck off ya fat wank!

Ha ha ha.fuckin priceless man

No Surrender

Rab