Beckham to join Milan

CF5LOYAL

David Beckham has agreed to move to AC Milan on loan from January until the end of the season, the Italian club has told BBC Sport.

The England midfielder, 33, plays for Los Angeles Galaxy, whose Major League Soccer season ends this weekend.

Speaking on Wednesday morning, Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani said: "Beckham has chosen Milan.

"Our squad is ultra-competitive and it will remain this way. But Beckham is something different and intriguing."

Beckham is eager to stay in England coach Fabio Capello's plans during the MLS close season. 606: DEBATE

Unbelievable! Who would have expected that, congratulations to him. He has got to step up his level now

FlyWhiteHigh

The midfielder needs two more caps to become England's most-capped outfield player, taking him past Bobby Moore, who made 108 appearances for his country.

Italian Capello has made it clear he will only select players who are active and in form.

Beckham will join a stellar squad at Milan, including

Brazilians Ronaldinho, Kaka and Alexandre Pato, as well as Italian internationals Andrea Pirlo and Gennaro Gattuso.

Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti has made it clear he would welcome Beckham's arrival.

"For me it will be a pleasure. Beckham is a serious athlete, a great professional," he said.

"If he'll be available for us, we'll be very happy."

Beckham would be eligible to play for Milan both domestically and in the Uefa Cup.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/7683877.stm

Adriano Galliani is delighted with Milan's swoop for David Beckham and Carlo Ancelotti can't wait to work with the England international.

Beckham's season in the MLS with the Los Angeles Galaxy is set to finish at the end of the month and he is looking for a side to train with to stay in shape for international duty.

Milan have seized the opportunity and are ready to take the 33-year-old on loan from January.

“He will stay here at Milan for several months and we are discussing things with his agent,” Galliani explained.

“Beckham has chosen Milan. We are an ultra-competitive squad and David is an intriguing addition.

“We aren't trying to collect big-name figures. Milan are very proud to be the only side that the fans are flocking to see.

“It's no coincidence that 65,000 fans attended Milan-Sampdoria - it shows that the people like the product we have created and Beckham will only add to that.”

Coach Ancelotti was also delighted when he was told that he would be working with Beckham.

“It will be a pleasure to train Beckham,” he said. “He is a hard-working athlete and a professional.

“We will be very happy to have him here for four months and obviously he will be able to play in the League and in Europe.”

I don't really see a place for him in the team tbh.

I kind of do. One thing we don't have is a workhorse with the ability to get back and tackle and harry opposition players, while also being potent up front with vision and flare and a mean set piece.

He's kinda like a combination of Pirlo and Gattuso.

Plus we've lacked quality width on the right for as long as I can remember.

He doesn't strike me as a player we really NEED, but he could be useful.

He's just a bit f*ckin' old!

I don't really see a place for him in the team tbh.

I kind of do. One thing we don't have is a workhorse with the ability to get back and tackle and harry opposition players, while also being potent up front with vision and flare and a mean set piece.

He's kinda like a combination of Pirlo and Gattuso.

Plus we've lacked quality width on the right for as long as I can remember.

He doesn't strike me as a player we really NEED, but he could be useful.

He's just a bit f*ckin' old!

We haven't had a right winger for years cause we play a narrow midfield all the time, so maybe Ancelotti will alter the formation for Beckham even though I wouldnt mind him in centre midfield alongside Pirlo.

But the fact that nobody can really see a need for him at Milan says that this is all about the money. But he isn't a bad asset to have while you are challenging for the league(remember the 2nd half of his last season at Real).

We haven't had a right winger for years cause we play a narrow midfield all the time, so maybe Ancelotti will alter the formation for Beckham even though I wouldnt mind him in centre midfield alongside Pirlo.

That would be quite classy.

But the fact that nobody can really see a need for him at Milan says that this is all about the money. But he isn't a bad asset to have while you are challenging for the league(remember the 2nd half of his last season at Real).

Money? If it's a loan deal for 6 months, what do you mean by money?

That would be quite classy.

Money? If it's a loan deal for 6 months, what do you mean by money?

"Football today is about full stadiums and sponsors and superstars like Beckham fill them up. With him, Kaka and Ronaldinho, it will be a dream team."

That's what Galliani said.

Im not that big a fan of Beckham at centre mid, but the pace of the game in Italy could mean that it would be the perfect position for him at Milan.

He played well under Carlos Queiroz there, mind you.

Im not that big a fan of Beckham at centre mid, but the pace of the game in Italy could mean that it would be the perfect position for him at Milan.

He played well under Carlos Queiroz there, mind you.

Why wasnt that the case for Alonso then? Juve didnt want him because of his pace in a vital midfield area, Beckham isnt going to outpace many on the wing