Officially Through 30,000 Season Tickets

Shuggy

How do you know these things aren't going to happen? Also we don't just get a lump sum of cash re the season tickets as most of the fans will be paying over the 4 months. Don't want this to turn into the boardroom section but personally I don't want the club to pay Mike Ashley the £5 million back. It's the only bargaining chip we have with regards to trying to sort out this retail deal. Also there wasn't a deadline on the loan.

how do you know they will? perhaps if the board were more transparent then we would both know.

It's more than just MA we owe money too.

As for MA - £5 million is nothing to him and for that money he gets all our sponsorship money up to 2017/8 and a massive chunk of retail money till the loans paid back. For that £5 million he stands to make a lot more.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprised it's not more, even if you don't believe the king/mini hype come and watch the football.

This. Plus TO indicated to me on day 2 of general sale it had surpassed 30k and I've noticed a few others mention it also over the weeks. Fuck knows, Maybe its PR to get more people buying. I just can't believe that only 8k have been sold since public sale and there really doesn't look like 20k left when u look at seating plan either. Cannae wait for next Friday right enough, reckon the place will be totally buzzing and hoping for high attendance and to absolutely rip St mirren a new one!

This. Plus TO indicated to me on day 2 of general sale it had surpassed 30k and I've noticed a few others mention it also over the weeks. Fuck knows, Maybe its PR to get more people buying. I just can't believe that only 8k have been sold since public sale and there really doesn't look like 20k left when u look at seating plan either. Cannae wait for next Friday right enough, reckon the place will be totally buzzing and hoping for high attendance and to absolutely rip St mirren a new one!

I got mine last Thursday and the boy in TO said 29,000 had been sold then so the current figures are probably about right

Even in our final seasons in the SPL, we were often only hitting around 35,000 (proper attendance) for many home games

30,000 season tickets on the back of last year is a fantastic achievement

Not so sure about that. I remember us rallying round and the stadium being well filled. People bought into CW. The official average over the season was 46k, and from what I remember it looked it.

Don't want to piss on the parade here but given the signings we've made and the wages we have saved from the clear out of players in the summer, we are probably spending far less than we did previously. Add to that the ST money and we must be a good few million up on the books.

So with this money plus the investment King was promising, should we not now be paying off the loans and/or bringing in some more players and refurbishing the stadium?

9 Million won't go far. It'll be needed for wages and to run the club over the course of the season. We'll be running at a deficit again this season.

I also don't think we'll be spending less on wages. Most of the top team guys that have come in will be on a fair whack. And remember we paid for some of them.

We won't be able to pay a loan or refurbish the stadium on money from our turnover this season. No chance.

I got mine last Thursday and the boy in TO said 29,000 had been sold then so the current figures are probably about right

Fair do's mate, as I say it was just what I thought was said to me but I might have caught him wrong trying to talk through the protective glass, I.e. said almost 30k or something. Suppose I'm just dying for major uptake of season tickets as well given all the changes and it looking rosier :)

I know I thought £15 was a bit steep ! I'm going anyway right enough but people might not pay that to see Peterhead!

Here, jinty. There's an obvious flaw in your logic!

Think like an uber and you'll get it. ;):D

I know I thought £15 was a bit steep ! I'm going anyway right enough but people might not pay that to see Peterhead!

This. I'm in the same boat but it would have been a good incentive to get more bodies in attendance especially for MW first competitive game at Ibrox. Can't see numbers being too high

I am an uber! I paid it didn't I? :D

As you say but there's not enough of us............ :lol:

I know, jinty. You're an uber, definitely!!

Perhaps a little bit of an inexperienced uber. Don't worry, though. I'll be your Miyagi...

I know I thought £15 was a bit steep ! I'm going anyway right enough. People should pay that to see the mighty Gers! Regardless of who we play, it's a bargain to see Rangers!!!

Fixed!

Wax on, wax off, jinty san.

Could be wrong but I think when in div3 the figure was something in the region of 38,000 STs sold but averaging crowds of 45,000.If the club manage over 30,000 STs this season it's still a great show of support once again from the Rangers support.

Fair do's mate, as I say it was just what I thought was said to me but I might have caught him wrong trying to talk through the protective glass, I.e. said almost 30k or something. Suppose I'm just dying for major uptake of season tickets as well given all the changes and it looking rosier :)

I couldn't understand the guy behind the glass either he honestly looked half arsed when I was getting a couple of season tickets when I asked what have you got available in the Copland bud instead of the govan and he just mumbled and looked like he couldn't be arsed helping me so I get what you mean trying to understand what they are saying lol ?

9 Million won't go far. It'll be needed for wages and to run the club over the course of the season. We'll be running at a deficit again this season.

I also don't think we'll be spending less on wages. Most of the top team guys that have come in will be on a fair whack. And remember we paid for some of them.

We won't be able to pay a loan or refurbish the stadium on money from our turnover this season. No chance.

Kings investment it is then

Don't want to piss on the parade here but given the signings we've made and the wages we have saved from the clear out of players in the summer, we are probably spending far less than we did previously. Add to that the ST money and we must be a good few million up on the books.

So with this money plus the investment King was promising, should we not now be paying off the loans and/or bringing in some more players and refurbishing the stadium?

While we might be getting a better grip of the club finances I don't see why we would repay the fat fuck any of his money at this time. The loan is interest free and we are negotiating better terms of the deal. Let him wait.

And we certainly don't want to be splashing cash on players. The manager is doing well with his choices while watching the pennies.

I guess with the 15 quid they are trying to find a balance between keeping the price low, but also the fact the crowd might not be great so keeping the price you as well. That being said it's still a fair amount of money just after shelling out for a ST