Ibrox and Auchenhowie getting sold?

Charles Green and his consortium, we are told, are the owners, lock, stock and barrel, of The Rangers FC (NewCo), Ibrox Stadium, Auchenhowie, The Albion and the contract-holder of those players who haven't stuck the boot in and freed themselves and who will remain (and show up on Thursday).

In the background we have the many versions of the Troo Bloo How-Do-You-Do G'Nights and now this new John Brown fronted group sniping in the background telling all and sundry, "Don't renew your season ticket" - indeed I recall the RST spokesman spouting similar recently.

Green is being backed into a corner and his options are getting less and less as each day passes....the SPL's refusal to accept the NewCo and as things stand we could be heading for Division 3 and a huge loss of earnings, etc.

But.........unless I've read things wrong he and his cronies still hold the control (ownership) of Ibrox Stadium, Auchenhowie and The Albion.

All large parcels of land ideal for future development..........for the right price.

The only one that is debatable is the frontage of Ibrox itself - a Listed building its frontage would be protected - but that's not a problem for a forward-thinking developer - cities up and down the land have Listed buildings redeveloped whilst still retaining said 'Listed' bit, usually at the front.

Auchenhowie is prime development land - surrounded by the housing developments of Bearsden and Milngavie. That would command a tidy sum.

Then there's The Albion.

A huge parcel of land that has had both recreational use (the old Albion training ground) and more recently as a car park (commercial). The multi-storey flats that were demolished at the top end of this area a couple of years ago would allow precedent for a 'housing use' application. The world is your oyster with that one. M8 links and so on......

The bold Yorkshireman is under pressure. He has few friends at the moment - and, by all accounts, fewer £'s in his bank book.

He might just think, "Well, fuck this - and fuck the lot of them. I'll sell the land and fuck off back to Yorkshire."

Can anyone say with all certainty that we can stop him from doing just that? :(

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Charles Green and his consortium, we are told, are the owners, lock, stock and barrel, of The Rangers FC (NewCo), Ibrox Stadium, Auchenhowie, The Albion and the contract-holder of those players who haven't stuck the boot in and freed themselves and who will remain (and show up on Thursday).

In the background we have the many versions of the Troo Bloo How-Do-You-Do G'Nights and now this new John Brown fronted group sniping in the background telling all and sundry, "Don't renew your season ticket" - indeed I recall the RST spokesman spouting similar recently.

Green is being backed into a corner and his options are getting less and less as each day passes....the SPL's refusal to accept the NewCo and as things stand we could be heading for Division 3 and a huge loss of earnings, etc.

But.........unless I've read things wrong he and his cronies still hold the control (ownership) of Ibrox Stadium, Auchenhowie and The Albion.

All large parcels of land ideal for future development..........for the right price.

The only one that is debatable is the frontage of Ibrox itself - a Listed building its frontage would be protected - but that's not a problem for a forward-thinking developer - cities up and down the land have Listed buildings redeveloped whilst still retaining said 'Listed' bit, usually at the front.

Auchenhowie is prime development land - surrounded by the housing developments of Bearsden and Milngavie. That would command a tidy sum.

Then there's The Albion.

A huge parcel of land that has had both recreational use (the old Albion training ground) and more recently as a car park (commercial). The multi-storey flats that were demolished at the top end of this area a couple of years ago would allow precedent for a 'housing use' application. The world is your oyster with that one. M8 links and so on......

The bold Yorkshireman is under pressure. He has few friends at the moment - and, by all accounts, fewer £'s in his bank book.

He might just think, "Well, fuck this - and fuck the lot of them. I'll sell the land and fuck off back to Yorkshire."

Fucking hell,CB...talk about Apocalypse Now :anguish: well he said he would grow tatties at Brammall Lane if it would make him money,so I hope you are way off the mark with this one :(

What you mean this is some "new" plan he might just have came up with ?

The thrust of the latest Rangers Fan bid is this "name on the deeds" angle, because many suspect that it is NOT C Green, some speculate Ticketus some say Ellis, some even say Whyte !

As soon as Green was allowed to gain control of OUR assets for the paltry sum of £5.5m unchallenged the alarm bells were ringing off the wall.

OUR club is in danger of getting erased, we are NOT a football team at this moment in time.

Auchenhowie cannot be used for anything other than what it is now it's written into the planning contract and land use when it was built, the other two however are fair game anybody seena recent picture of highbury? millions of pounds worth of flats built into the old shell for the listed football stadium, highly sought after.

http://www.sir-robert-mcalpine.com/projects/?id=3659

Then there's The Albion.

Ibrox and the Albion are in a less than salubrious area. Good luck developing them and making a good margin in an area where you can get large a two bed flat for 90k.

Auchenhowie is not permitted for housing development.

Then there's The Albion.

Not with a dagger in his neck, he wont.

I know there's a question mark in the title but it's still a bit naughty...severe heart attack!

Do you know what - right now I have no idea what Green's plans are and my point of the post was to ask the RM members if there is anything anyone can do to stop him if he decided, "Fuck it - I don't need this shit".

It's á genuine question - and I'm genuinely afraid of what the answer might be. :(

Its not supporting him its supporting the football team - in fact its more than supporting them its ensuring they still exist.

What CB is essentially saying in his post is that we should support Green under duress because he controls the assets.

Also, you don't have to support the owner to support the club, after all we spent months highlighting the distinction between the owners of the club and the club itself.

I don't think any sensible company would want to be seen as the people who tore Ibrox down. And certainly not given the opposition they would face.

I'm more concerned that any owner (now or future) might retain the ownership of the stadium and lease it back to the club for, say, £1m/yr.

If Green & Co, for example, followed this route then they would have their cash back in a decade, easy profits thereafter whilst always owning the assets.

Pretty sure the land around Murray park is classed as brown belt..

A few years ago there was good money in developing brown fiield sites and as for the flooding that is often talked about.........well as a boy moved from KP to the flats at Kennishead and the King George Park that runs along the Boydstone Rd , well that flat used to resemble a loch in heavy rains.......and the land just behind it....yet a good few years ago they built houses there and never been a problem re flooding any more.......now this may be a disservice to Glasgow Council, but knowing how many many people there feel about the background to our team, maybe just maybe the land at Ibrox may not have a problem getting the consents required.........after all they have removed much of the housing .

And the B listing would not create a huge obstacle to overcome. And green does seem to be a man worn out and angry.

CB makes a good point there is absolutely fuck all stopping Green from throwing in the towel and just lettign Rangers die if his investors have the money they can sit on the land assets until such time as a development opportunity arises there is no rush glasgow isn't going anywhere.

Do you know what - right now I have no idea what Green's plans are and my point of the post was to ask the RM members if there is anything anyone can do to stop him if he decided, "Fuck it - I don't need this shit".

It's á genuine question - and I'm genuinely afraid of what the answer might be. :(

And a very pertinent question in light of Brown's offer to 'give Green a chance to show us who's name is on the deeds' alongside his warning that Green gave him information that 'alarmed' him.

Fuck knows what's going on behind the scenes.

Auchenhowie cannot be used for anything other than what it is now it's written into the planning contract and land use when it was built, the other two however are fair game anybody seena recent picture of highbury? millions of pounds worth of flats built into the old shell for the listed football stadium, highly sought after.

http://www.sir-robert-mcalpine.com/projects/?id=3659

If I had a pound-sterling for every time I've seen planning restrictions lifted or altered I'd have lots of the fuckers. The fact that is "written in" to planning doesn't mean that, for a price (those brown envelope's so loved by GCC officials) it can't be altered to suit.

The Albion area is massive - commercial property on that would fetch a premium dollar given its transport links, etc.

Everything could be up for grabs - that's my point. Not one of us has any idea what the fuck could happen next - I want to know if we can do fuck all to stop him? :angry: