Davie Cooper

bombaybadboy08

That man oooooozzed a special talent and was different class . Remember watching him in an interview ,when he was talking about a penalty he scored against aberdeen , he was saying that leighton said to Cooper ," I got a hand to that , I got my hand on that " and Coops said to him "Aye , when you picked it out the back of the net " :clap:

Davie Cooper was Rangers pre Souness, was so lucky to see him play, far too young RIP Davie.

I heard the story was, he was talking about the free kick in the cup final, Leighton said he nearly got a hand to it, Davie says "aye on the way out" :lol:

Shoulda corrected me there (tu) memory isny what it used to be obviously (td)

I met this chap at Motherwell Halfords when he was booked in to attract a crowd, Davie was a Motherwell player at the time and had torn us a new one once or twice but my Dad shoved me up to meet him and he said 'Hi pal, what team do you support? '

His reaction when I said Rangers will never leave me :h34rt:

I met this chap at Motherwell Halfords when he was booked in to attract a crowd, Davie was now a Motherwell player and had torn us a new one once or twice but my Dad shoved me up to meet him and he said 'Hi pal, what team do you support? '

His reaction when I said Rangers will never leave me :h34rt:

Davies grave is situated next door to The Bent football pitches in Hamilton , pretty apt for such a great footballer

I pass it every couple of days mate but not sure where his grave is.

I only found out a few year ago from taking young broombrox there for football , I'm no 100 % sure though , I think it's really close to the changing rooms/grass pitch side of the cemetery , unfortunately

I only found out a few year ago from taking young broombrox there for football , I'm no 100 % sure though , I think it's really close to the changing rooms/grass pitch side of the cemetery , unfortunately

Would be good if we could get a big wreath down there, I'm sure there would be no shortage of donations!

More class & skill in one foot that 99% of other players will ever have in either foot in their whole careers.

And a nice guy too.

As my name suggests, my footballing hero growing up.

Day he died, we were playing across the road from Ibrox in a Uni game. News came through as we arrived that Davie had passed away. Ref asked us if we wanted to do something, so we all lined up, in position, both teams, before the game, for a minutes silence. I was in goal and looked up at the main stand, just to see the flag being lowered to half mast. Am not ashamed to say there was a lump in my throat that day.

Game over, quick home for scarf, and back up to gates to see the tributes.

Been upset a few times following Rangers, but when Coops passed away, I can say the tears flowed.

Was lucky enough to meet him a few times. First when I was nine, in my back garden while playing keepy up. He was friends with my neighbour who married a directors son.

Sadly missed and I'm not ashamed to say he was my hero.

RIP Davie.

It's at the back right of the cemetery. Once you enter the new part, it's virtually the first headstone on the first left lane.

I believe his Dad is now buried with him.

RIP Super Duper Davie Cooper - a genuine legend!