***The Official Rangers v Aberdeen Thread***

Muff

My Dream team for tomorrow which Smith would neeeeeeeeeeeeever pick! 3-5-2....SERIOUSLY!

:alexander:

:bougherra: :weir: :papac:

:novo: :davis: :edu: :mendes: :lafferty:

:boyd: :miller:

Anyways Novo and Laffers on both wings with Boyd and Miller (should he pass a fitness test) up front.

Effectively 4 strikers, we need it tomorrow!

Im working 8-11:30, off to Ibrox :P, back to work for 3:30 lol!

*EDIT* Checked the betting and Mendes is available for first goalscorer etc so I assume he will be playing.

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Papac looks to be fit.

Kenny Miller remains an injury doubt with a hamstring injury for Rangers ahead of Saturday's Scottish Premier League visit by Aberdeen.

Fellow striker Andrius Velicka is unlikely to feature through illness, but defender Sasa Papac is back fit.

Aberdeen midfielder Mark Kerr returns from suspension.

But Jamie Smith, Andrew Considine, Zander Diamond, Darren Mackie, Derek Young and Tommy Wright are all out injured and Peter Pawlett is doubtful.

Rangers (from): Alexander, Dailly, Bougherra, Weir, Whittaker, Papac, Davis, Mendes, Edu, S Smith, Lafferty, Boyd, McCulloch, Miller, McGregor, Novo, Fleck, Wilson.

Aberdeen (from): Langfield, Foster, Severin, Mair, Mulgrew, Duff, McDonald, Kerr, Aluko, Miller, Maguire, Bossu, Vidal, Stewart, Paton, Ross, Holme, Stirling Smith.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/s...rem/8051174.stm

Papac looks to be fit.

Kenny Miller remains an injury doubt with a hamstring injury for Rangers ahead of Saturday's Scottish Premier League visit by Aberdeen.

Fellow striker Andrius Velicka is unlikely to feature through illness, but defender Sasa Papac is back fit.

But Jamie Smith, Andrew Considine, Zander Diamond, Darren Mackie, Derek Young and Tommy Wright are all out injured and Peter Pawlett is doubtful.

Rangers (from): Alexander, Dailly, Bougherra, Weir, Whittaker, Papac, Davis, Mendes, Edu, S Smith, Lafferty, Boyd, McCulloch, Miller, McGregor, Novo, Fleck, Wilson.

Aberdeen (from): Langfield, Foster, Severin, Mair, Mulgrew, Duff, McDonald, Kerr, Aluko, Miller, Maguire, Bossu, Vidal, Stewart, Paton, Ross, Holme, Stirling Smith.

Great news that Papac, Miller are fit and Mendes is available (tu)

KENNY MILLER has declared himself fit to face Aberdeen in tomorrow's massive SPL showdown at Ibrox.

The striker missed Wednesday night's 1-1 draw with Hibs at Easter Road due to a hamstring problem but is ready to return for the club's penultimate game of the season.

With a win imperative for Rangers Walter Smith will be delighted to have Miller back in his plans and the Scotland star is desperate to get on the scoresheet and erase the disappointment of missing his side's midweek trip to Edinburgh.

He said: "It was very frustrating not to be involved against Hibs.

"The game against Celtic last weekend was my first start for a while but my hamstring flared up again after that.

"It took a few days for it to settle down but I am fit now and will train with the lads today.

"Hopefully I can be in the starting eleven against the Dons."

Miller is expecting a tough 90 minutes against Jimmy Calderwood's men but hopes Rangers can get off to a flyer in their last home fixture.

He said: "We have to win the game first and foremost because you never know what could happen at Easter Road on Sunday.

"If we can go out and get an early goal that will help to settle any early nerves, that has to be our aim.

"But Aberdeen are a good team as we have seen when we faced them earlier this season.

"We will give them respect but if we play the way we can I am always confident we can get three points."

With Celtic currently on top of the SPL on goal difference Rangers will look to attack from the first whistle on Saturday and Miller insists they have the firepower to shoot down the Dons.

He said: "In the first-half on Wednesday we did not really get started but Kyle and Nacho came on and did very well.

"Nacho got the goal big while Laff played on the left and made a difference.

"So the manager has options in the forward areas and there is no doubt we have the players that can create and score goals."

Andrius Velicka is the only striker that will not feature this weekend due to an illness but Sasa Papac should join Miller in the squad having recovered from a knee injury.

:mcgregor:

:whittaker: :weir: :bougherra: :papac:

:novo: :davis: :edu: :ssmith:

:velicka: :boyd:

bench

:beasley: :miller: :fleck: :dailly: :alexander:

Bobby, why drop Alexander? Play S.Smith? Play Velicka?

alexander is a close call, but i reckon shagger has alot of vital saves in him that alexander dosnt.

Velicka is a scorer, we need goals - would do the job imo if we play attacking enough.

Smith - only player in the current crop who can get a decent cross / set piece in the box for front two.

Bobby, why drop Alexander? Play S.Smith? Play Velicka?

alexander is a close call, but i reckon shagger has alot of vital saves in him that alexander dosnt.

Velicka is a scorer, we need goals - would do the job imo if we play attacking enough.

Smith - only player in the current crop who can get a decent cross / set piece in the box for front two.

I very much doubt we will see McGregor again this season. So it probably will be Alexander.

Velicka may well be a scorer but he is a rancid footballer and his partnership with Kris Boyd is one of the worst I have seen. I would go with Lafferty and Miller up front.

And as for Steven Smith, bar a couple of decent balls/set plays into the box he has been totally ineffective. His performance the other night merited a 1/10 from me on the player ratings.

But it is all opinions and that's mine (tu)

Papac looks to be fit.

and that the Sheep are missing quite a few players :craphead: and thank goodness Velicka is not available in case Wattie gets some mad idea. Sorry Velicka get well soon but don't play soon :rolleyes:

Papac looks to be fit.

and that the Sheep are missing quite a few players :craphead: and thank goodness Velicka is not available in case Wattie gets some mad idea. Sorry Velicka get well soon but don't play soon :rolleyes:

Only bad news is that Kris Boyd didn't pick up the same cold Velicka has...Well maybe there still time :craphead:

From the BBC.

At least with Diamond out hopefully Lafferty won't get headbutted this time doh

As someone said above, I really have the feeling that Smith will play for a 1-0 and hope Hibs do us a favour. It just seems like exactly the kind of thing he'd do.

Also might be the first time ever that I really hope Miller is fit, and replaces Boyd.