Scotland star blasted for treatment of his son

ShaneRalfRoss

Scotland star blasted for treatment of his son

ROSS McCORMACK SLAMMED FOR SNUBBING HIS LITTLE LAD

Image Flag

By Douglas Wight, 27/09/2009

SCOTLAND star Ross McCormack has been branded "heartless" by his furious ex - for snubbing their toddler son.

The striker has only seen three-year-old Hayden ONCE in the past 16 months . . . when they had a brief kickaround in the back garden.

That was way back in March - and now McCormack wants to strip the lad of his famous surname too.

Last night ex-girlfriend Lesley Ann Melvin raged: "I can't believe he would treat his own son this way. It breaks my heart that he would want nothing to do with him."

Pretty Lesley Ann, 24, said: "Hayden always has a football at his feet and is so much like Ross.

"He used to run about saying he wanted to be his dad - now he says 'Ross McCormack'. One day he said, 'I get to see Daddy when I've been a good boy.' I was horrified and told him his behaviour has nothing to do with it. It's devastating that he thinks of it as his fault."

Schoolpals Lesley Ann and McCormack began dating when she was 19 and he was an 18-year-old Rangers trainee.

They were both shocked when she fell pregnant but decided to keep the tot and moved in together in Priesthill, Glasgow.

But in November 2006, when their son was just six months old, McCormack dumped her and moved out.

The ace moved to Motherwell and the visits started to dwindle . . . then almost stopped altogther when he switched to Cardiff City in July last year.

Lesley Ann said: "He'd always use the same old excuse about not having enough time. He'd also blame me and say it was because he didn't get on with me that he couldn't see Hayden, which was rubbish. Then at Christmas 2008 he came out and told me he wasn't interested and that he didn't have the time. I was furious."

McCormack, 23, last saw his son in March when Lesley Ann arranged a meeting through his parents.

She said: "When I went to collect him after an hour, Ross had already gone. I asked Hayden what they did together and he said they'd played football. I could tell he knew he wasn't going to see his dad again for a long time."

Lesley Ann suffered further heartache when McCormack E-MAILED her recently, saying he wanted to have Hayden's surname changed.

Courtney St John

Courtney St John

The ace - now living with model Courtney St John, 22 - said: "There is no one known as McCormack who is actively a part of his day-to-day life."

Lesley Ann, who now lives with Hayden at her parents' home in Pollok, Glasgow, said: said: "He said his solicitor would be in touch but it was the final straw - it said to me that he wants to wash his hands of Hayden entirely."

The admin assistant also said that McCormack only started giving her £1,200 a month towards Hayden's upbringing when she contacted the CSA after his move south to the Bluebirds.

She added: "I've tried my best and I can't force Ross to visit his son. But I think he should see him once a month, not drift in and out of his life."

McCormack is currently injured and missed his team's 3-1 Championship defeat at Sheffield Wednesday yesterday.

He refused to comment last night but has previously insisted: "I'm desperate to have Hayden visit Courtney and me but I get very little time off."

But Lesley Ann said: "He's not playing so time isn't an issue. And I'm more than willing for them to meet without me.

"Maybe the football's gone to his head but he needs to stop making excuses. The only person suffering is Hayden."

And she added defiantly: "I have no intention of changing Hayden's name - Ross might think his career is important, but he still has a son."

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/scottish/s...rdiff-City.html

I had the misfortune of reading the News Of The World on the plane home today :anguish:

How does a non story like this make it into the paper?

I'll have you know the author is a good looking genius ;)

Oh, its you! :lol:

Recognise the msn address.

She looks older than 24 in that pic. Considering the money she's getting and the fact McCormack is a footballer with little time this is a bit whiny. I feel for the kids in these situations though, to think that it's their fault they don't see their dad. I've got a mate who's the opposite, actually wants to see his daughter but his ex rarely lets him. She even refused to let him see her on Fathers Day. When kids become victims in adults silly games it gets to me. Trying to get the childs name changed is just scummy.