Golf

kplfishtank

1 hour ago, lewislaudrup said:

Anyone play with the m2 irons. Had a wee hit with them on monday in american golf. Want to see if i can pick up 2nd hand set somewhere. Nice irons

Guy I play with used to use them. He got rid as his ball flight was too high with them. 

Everyone is different with their irons I suppose. 

its just not happening at the moment. Im going through the motions. Theres nothing really wrong, but nothing right either. A typical 6 holes for me would be something like this

• Lip out a 4 ft putt for a bogey
  • Easy par
  • On in regulation and 3 putt for bogey
  • Easy Par
  • Bunker in 2 splash out and 2 putt for bogey
  • easy par

Theres no one part of my game I can say "thats the problem" - my putting could improve but whos couldnt?

Its soul destroying at the moment. Maybe its just a concentration thing.

On 13/08/2017 at 8:48 PM, cushynumber said:

its just not happening at the moment. Im going through the motions. Theres nothing really wrong, but nothing right either. A typical 6 holes for me would be something like this

• Lip out a 4 ft putt for a bogey
  • Easy par
  • On in regulation and 3 putt for bogey
  • Easy Par
  • Bunker in 2 splash out and 2 putt for bogey
  • easy par

Theres no one part of my game I can say "thats the problem" - my putting could improve but whos couldnt?

Its soul destroying at the moment. Maybe its just a concentration thing.

At least you're no a fenian cushy 

2 hours ago, GovanFrontSince96 said:

Played on Wednesday through some appalling conditions and scored a Nett 69 1 under. 

Get the results in today, finished 3rd in my division, 30 players out of 91 NR and only 16 finished nett par or under. 

CSS was still 69 so no cut, an absolute joke. 

Because of the NRs mate they Fuck with the css

1 minute ago, GovanFrontSince96 said:

Exactly people NR because they are having a nightmare maybe because of conditions, yet I battle through and score -1 under and don't get cut, it's infuriating 

Been caught a few times with that as well,  not this year tho' played shit 

1 minute ago, dummiesoot said:

Been caught a few times with that as well,  not this year tho' played shit 

My clubs CSS is always -1 so I'm used to it knowing I need to be 2 under to get a cut but this really annoyed me 16 players out of 91 HC or better and still it goes to 69, it is totally flawed. 

7 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

our klazon went yesterday to say play was suspended because of the conditions - which were fucking appalling right enough - and I was like "thank fuck for that".

Must have been very strong winds at the top of the braes Cushy, add the mental rain then it widnae be fun.

5 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Must have been very strong winds at the top of the braes Cushy, add the mental rain then it widnae be fun.

its was murder. My partner had a score as well and i would have had to have stayed out and marked for him. When the horn went I was delighted.

Him, not so much.

Just now, RFC RYAN said:

Seniors thing on at my course tomorrow anyone recommend somewhere to go ? 

Is Lanark in good nick the now  @bigsasasfloopyhair ? 

Evening mate. 

Yes we're in pretty decent nick. Always is TVH. Greens were all cored about 6 weeks ago, do it each year and let's them play all year round.

14 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Evening mate. 

Yes we're in pretty decent nick. Always is TVH. Greens were all cored about 6 weeks ago, do it each year and let's them play all year round.

Should be back to normal then might go up for a game tomorrow, not played it this summer yet.

I played 18 holes with the club champion the other night and as you do, couldn't help compare his game to mine. In terms of driving were actually relatively even - he was straighter and longer over the piece - but it wasn't a mega difference. However, in terms of approach shots, our respective game was night and day. i was hitting the green - but he was inside 6 ft on almost every hole. This made his first putt a good birdie opportunity on almost every hole. Where as I was lagging up or sometimes I had missed the green and was pitching on.

I subsequently leak shots over the 18 where he is par or birdie. He bangs in a gross 68 and i am gross 80. It was a salutary lesson in approach play.

5 hours ago, cushynumber said:

I played 18 holes with the club champion the other night and as you do, couldn't help compare his game to mine. In terms of driving were actually relatively even - he was straighter and longer over the piece - but it wasn't a mega difference. However, in terms of approach shots, our respective game was night and day. i was hitting the green - but he was inside 6 ft on almost every hole. This made his first putt a good birdie opportunity on almost every hole. Where as I was lagging up or sometimes I had missed the green and was pitching on.

I subsequently leak shots over the 18 where he is par or birdie. He bangs in a gross 68 and i am gross 80. It was a salutary lesson in approach play.

I play off 9 I know a guy off 1 when I am driving it well I am close to him with in about 5-10 yards but his second shot is so much better than mine he's always on the green when am not and if he isn't he is up and down 9 times out of 10. 

Went to Drumpellier today the pro said it was wet but wasn't as wet as he was making it out to be it was in patches, cracking course played decent didn't really sink a putt but for the course being in Coatbridge you wouldn't think it was there. Union Jack flying outside it, blue fence, green keepers wearing blue tops. Also the yardage markers red for 100, white for 150 and blue for 200 yards. No many members wear green tops either my kind of club tbh.

1 hour ago, RFC RYAN said:

I play off 9 I know a guy off 1 when I am driving it well I am close to him with in about 5-10 yards but his second shot is so much better than mine he's always on the green when am not and if he isn't he is up and down 9 times out of 10. 

Went to Drumpellier today the pro said it was wet but wasn't as wet as he was making it out to be it was in patches, cracking course played decent didn't really sink a putt but for the course being in Coatbridge you wouldn't think it was there. Union Jack flying outside it, blue fence, green keepers wearing blue tops. Also the yardage markers red for 100, white for 150 and blue for 200 yards. No many members wear green tops either my kind of club tbh.

What happened to royal lanark?