Golf

kplfishtank

47 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

My m8 got one the other week....he gave me a shot of it what a strike I got from it:bow:

I love it mate! Feels brilliant. Getting another 50 yards from my old driver. Hoping it's just not a the usualĀ bounce you get when you buy a new club!

15 hours ago, LiviGer said:

Treated myself to the new Taylormade m2 driver. Played 9 holes with it yesterday. Unbelievable distance and control! Can't wait to get out tomorrow with it.Ā 

Could not get that thing off te ground. Bought a Ping G Ā instead, less distance than my old rbz but more forgiving.

8 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

Could not get that thing off te ground. Bought a Ping G Ā instead, less distance than my old rbz but more forgiving.

Makes the difference mate. No point in slicing a drive 250 when you can put one down the middle more often at 230.Ā 

Well I am fucked. That's the first full 18 holes I've walked since my back surgery.Ā 

Chuffed though as was 7 shots better off than last week, 82 blows Ā  Ā and putted really well. We bit more consistent too.Ā 

Only 12+ par and although a million miles from what I'm used too playing like there is wee glimpses of a golfer.

If anyone has played Lanark, you don't go long at the par 3 10th. I did and make an up on down down the sloping green that seve would have been chuffed with.?

23 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

Just played a bounce game today with my brother, did a Stapleford 0 points after 2 holes finished with 39, Ā 2 under for the remaining 16 holes. Ā Will probs play like a dick tomorrowĀ 

I was right, played shite. Just as well it was a greensomes n not for handicap.Ā 

Just home from my range session. Started getting the driver going again. By the end had it carrying about 225/230 plus run so it's starting to creep back.

Off the tee has been the weakness so far so if I can knock it out there like that I can def work with that and lower scores dramatically.Ā 

6 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

8 the now my iron play is terrible putting saves me a lot.Ā 

Pretty much a scratch game then.Ā 

Match play is all in the head, best tip I ever got was just play shot at a time, never think ahead of the next shot.Ā 

Im a cunt in match play, because I know my putting is good I have a bad habit of telling people on the first tee that I give nothing n will be holing everyĀ putt ???

19 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Pretty much a scratch game then.Ā 

Match play is all in the head, best tip I ever got was just play shot at a time, never think ahead of the next shot.Ā 

Im a cunt in match play, because I know my putting is good I have a bad habit of telling people on the first tee that I give nothing n will be holing everyĀ putt ???

A won a match play tournament at my course a few years back when I was up at 15/16 was playing against a guy off 5 and he hit the ball for miles a was playing out my skin a blow out a hole or 2 but taking them away I was like +5 par nothing better than sinking a 15-20ft putt for par and you getting a shot on the hole actually felt sorry for the guy just one of they days. Another tie a was playing a tarrier but I wasn't 100% sure at the time until we were on the 4th hole( near the clubhouse/shop) the guy working in the shop came down to the tee as the guy had left his car keys in the shop and said are these your keys and he's like how did you know they were mine the big Sellick key ring. I was 5 dn through 6 holes and came back and won on the extra hole guy was ragin and tried to put me off on the 14th when I went 1 up( I was warned before I played him he would try things like that) he made 2 incredible up and downs on 17 and 18 to take it to the extra hole.Ā 

I don't say anything like that on the day but I love matchplay. One thing I say to myself alway expect your opponent to sink it.Ā 

Absolutly hate giving the person shots gave a guy 13 shots last year and he didn't miss 1 fairway and 3 putted twice all round.Ā 

4 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

A won a match play tournament at my course a few years back when I was up at 15/16 was playing against a guy off 5 and he hit the ball for miles a was playing out my skin a blow out a hole or 2 but taking them away I was like +5 par nothing better than sinking a 15-20ft putt for par and you getting a shot on the hole actually felt sorry for the guy just one of they days. Another tie a was playing a tarrier but I wasn't 100% sure at the time until we were on the 4th hole( near the clubhouse/shop) the guy working in the shop came down to the tee as the guy had left his car keys in the shop and said are these your keys and he's like how did you know they were mine the big Sellick key ring. I was 5 dn through 6 holes and came back and won on the extra hole guy was ragin and tried to put me off on the 14th when I went 1 up( I was warned before I played him he would try things like that) he made 2 incredible up and downs on 17 and 18 to take it to the extra hole.Ā 

I don't say anything like that on the day but I love matchplay. One thing I say to myself alway expect your opponent to sink it.Ā 

Absolutly hate giving the person shots gave a guy 13 shots last year and he didn't miss 1 fairway and 3 putted twice all round.Ā 

Nothing better than beating a tim at anything ???

There is always sharks in clubs who protect their handicaps for match play events so they have a few extra shots to play with.

Im heading out on Friday to get my third card submitted and then I'll be back competing thank fuck.

10 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Nothing better than beating a tim at anything ???

There is always sharks in clubs who protect their handicaps for match play events so they have a few extra shots to play with.

Im heading out on Friday to get my third card submitted and then I'll be back competing thank fuck.

At the time I didn't protect my handicap I just was poor on medal days and didn't stay calm after a bad hole.Ā 

Ā 

What kind of handicap you think you will get ? Roughly 13-15ish ?Ā 

Just now, RFC RYAN said:

At the time I didn't protect my handicap I just was poor on medal days and didn't stay calm after a bad hole.Ā 

We have a running joke going about one of my mates, now stays in Glasgow but still plays at Lanark n due to distance, family etc maybe plays 4 medals a year but is always at the range n playing closer to home.

He plays off 13 n should be off around 6 or 7. We all fight to get him in a scramble team and to get him as a doubles partner because he is a bandit.