Golf

kplfishtank

Played the Friday medal last night. Beat by a stroke. There was 6 of us so we went out in two threes. Done a stableford between us too for some cash beat by a point. Played the sweep this morning, stableford again. Beat by two points. I Give up :lol:

Pro day today stableford shot gun start stated on 14 got round to the 8th and the heavens had opened hadn't been called off but we decided to walk off as it should have been called off just as we got in the car the pro was walking out the shop with the horn. Was playing well was 4 over par to that stage the rain was torrential. 

2 over after 9 in the medal today.

Double bogeyed the 2nd and pared every other hole in the first 9

Then double bogeyed the 10th.

Still kept going got good pars though to 18

Then double bogeyed the 18th. 

IT fucking pished it down for 5 holes so much that I was struggling to hold the club on the swing.

I still hate golf. Even more than I did I think.  I don't know why I keep playing it.

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

2 over after 9 in the medal today.

Double bogeyed the 2nd and pared every other hole in the first 9

Then double bogeyed the 10th.

Still kept going got good pars though to 18

Then double bogeyed the 18th. 

IT fucking pished it down for 5 holes so much that I was struggling to hold the club on the swing.

I still hate golf. Even more than I did I think.  I don't know why I keep playing it.

Cushy, buy the rain gloves. They are brilliant especially in pissing rain, the torrential stuff.

Played on Friday.  First game.in 6 years due to other commitments.  Only a back to basics game at royal knightswood in glasgow . I played to rounds of nine holes .

Par is 34 . First 9 holes hit 43 second 9 holes hit 40 and three of the holes I 3 putted. Stupid mistakes . So aye it was good to get out there again and seems if I have not lost too much of my touch.  

The driving and long irons are ok,it's the short irons and putting that needs some work and getting the feel of the club again. But overall, delighted on Friday.  Got a stable ford out in deer park in couple of weeks , was trying to claim 28 due to not playing for so so long. But there is no chance I will get that. Probably half.  

7 hours ago, deco19761 said:

Played on Friday.  First game.in 6 years due to other commitments.  Only a back to basics game at royal knightswood in glasgow . I played to rounds of nine holes .

Par is 34 . First 9 holes hit 43 second 9 holes hit 40 and three of the holes I 3 putted. Stupid mistakes . So aye it was good to get out there again and seems if I have not lost too much of my touch.  

The driving and long irons are ok,it's the short irons and putting that needs some work and getting the feel of the club again. But overall, delighted on Friday.  Got a stable ford out in deer park in couple of weeks , was trying to claim 28 due to not playing for so so long. But there is no chance I will get that. Probably half.  

Play Kwood during the week just for practice because we can walk to it. Wouldn't look to much into putting there the greens are terrible. 

Fuck it, thought I might as well start one, rather than making random threads through the year.

BMW PGA Championship - Alex Noren shot a course record -10 to come from nowhere to set the clubhouse league (which feels like hours ago!) with a near flawless round. Everyone chasing currently falling apart.

Let's hope it continues!

Single To Win

Alex Noren @ 100/1Tournament Winner LiveLive

BMW PGA Championship - Tournament Winner

Stake: £3.50Potential Returns: £353.50

1 hour ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Fuck it, thought I might as well start one, rather than making random threads through the year.

BMW PGA Championship - Alex Noren shot a course record -10 to come from nowhere to set the clubhouse league (which feels like hours ago!) with a near flawless round. Everyone chasing currently falling apart.

Let's hope it continues!

Single To Win

Alex Noren @ 100/1Tournament Winner LiveLive

BMW PGA Championship - Tournament Winner

Stake: £3.50Potential Returns: £353.50

He won ?!

7 minutes ago, BrunoAlves said:

He won ?!

Yeah he won quite comfortably in the end. Setting the clubhouse lead kinda took everyone by surprise. He set a pretty tough target although i'm surprised no one really got close to him. After that everyone just started making mistakes trying to chase the lead. The weather picked up for an hour or so too but ultimately a fair few just crumbled.

Waiting on this cheeky bad boy to complete a pretty solid Sunday!

Shane Lowry @ 5/6Tournament Match Bets DNBWon

Shane Lowry v Ross Fisher

Lee Westwood @ 4/5Tournament Match Bets DNBWon

Lee Westwood v Ian Poulter

Alex Noren @ 10/11Tournament Match Bets DNBWon

Francesco Molinari v Alex Noren

Phil Mickelson @ EVSTournament Match Bets DNBOpen

Zach Johnson v Phil Mickelson

Kevin Kisner @ 8/11Tournament Match Bets DNBOpen

Kevin Kisner v Pat Perez

Paul Casey @ 5/6Tournament Match Bets DNBOpen

Paul Casey v Matt Kuchar

Stake: £9.00Potential Returns: £359.10

Just now, Laudrup1984 said:

Yeah he won quite comfortably in the end. Setting the clubhouse lead kinda took everyone by surprise. He set a pretty tough target although i'm surprised no one really got close to him. After that everyone just started making mistakes trying to chase the lead. The weather picked up for an hour or so too but ultimately a fair few just crumbled.

Waiting on this cheeky bad boy to complete a pretty solid Sunday!

Shane Lowry @ 5/6Tournament Match Bets DNBWon

Shane Lowry v Ross Fisher

Lee Westwood @ 4/5Tournament Match Bets DNBWon

Lee Westwood v Ian Poulter

Alex Noren @ 10/11Tournament Match Bets DNBWon

Francesco Molinari v Alex Noren

Phil Mickelson @ EVSTournament Match Bets DNBOpen

Zach Johnson v Phil Mickelson

Kevin Kisner @ 8/11Tournament Match Bets DNBOpen

Kevin Kisner v Pat Perez

Paul Casey @ 5/6Tournament Match Bets DNBOpen

Paul Casey v Matt Kuchar

Stake: £9.00Potential Returns: £359.10

Could be a sicky from work tomorrow :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Made a cunt of it today.

Playing decent enough, +4 thru 10 holes them proceed to take a 9 down the 11th without losing a ball!! 

After that I lost interest and wanted my mum to give me a cuddle.

Aye been there. I had a taxi on standby for my mum last season , just in case.

8 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Aye been there. I had a taxi on standby for my mum last season , just in case.

??? I feel your pain mate.

The only good thing was that I had the driver going with a more penetrating flight and was gaining good distance plus very straight. So a score won't be far away.

Just now, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

??? I feel your pain mate.

The only good thing was that I had the driver going with a more penetrating flight and was gaining good distance plus very straight. So a score won't be far away.

Mate I feel I am a ball hair from really dropping from 6 to about 3 . It's an elusive ballhair though

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

Mate I feel I am a ball hair from really dropping from 6 to about 3 . It's an elusive ballhair though

I'm in a completely different mind set, was off 1 n wanted to compete every round. Now post surgery im off 11 n it's just lack of consistency. 

When I got to my lowest it was no coincidence that I was putting loads of time into chipping and putting. It's best tip I can offer as if you know your short game is sharp then missing the odd green, or getting upon down inside 70-100 yards isn't as much of a struggle.

Im struggling with distances just now, today I hit a wedge just over 100 yards n then next time nailed it big at least 130 so I'm no sure what to hit :confused:

49 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I'm in a completely different mind set, was off 1 n wanted to compete every round. Now post surgery im off 11 n it's just lack of consistency. 

When I got to my lowest it was no coincidence that I was putting loads of time into chipping and putting. It's best tip I can offer as if you know your short game is sharp then missing the odd green, or getting upon down inside 70-100 yards isn't as much of a struggle.

Im struggling with distances just now, today I hit a wedge just over 100 yards n then next time nailed it big at least 130 so I'm no sure what to hit :confused:

My short game is horrendous. Well especially chipping. Putting isn't the worst. It's 50 yard and in from the green I struggle. Started using my hybrid to bump it in if I'm just off the green. Any tips on what to work on to improve chipping? 

Just now, LiviGer said:

My short game is horrendous. Well especially chipping. Putting isn't the worst. It's 50 yard and in from the green I struggle. Started using my hybrid to bump it in if I'm just off the green. Any tips on what to work on to improve chipping? 

Yer chipping.