Golf

kplfishtank

On Sunday, July 10, 2016 at 6:35 PM, RFC RYAN said:

We played at golf de sur about 3 years ago it's 3 x 9 holes you just play 2 of the nines every day the greens are the fastest I have ever seen we played it in March so was just coming up to the end of there season. 

I stayed in golf del sur 2 year ago. Had a round on the amarilla course. Was really good tbf. Greens were excellent.  Cart. Clubs and green fee was around 60 euro i think. The course up away from the coast looked really good too.

1 hour ago, Skelf said:

I stayed in golf del sur 2 year ago. Had a round on the amarilla course. Was really good tbf. Greens were excellent.  Cart. Clubs and green fee was around 60 euro i think. The course up away from the coast looked really good too.

Greens at gold de sur were up there with the best I have ever played so quick. 

59 minutes ago, kplfishtank said:

Going to Florida in March for a weeks golfing. Not booked courses yet but hopefully get some good ones sorted. 

You tried Southern Dunes KPL? A different test from water everywhere. Sand is the main hazard and tough from the blue Tees and mental from the black Tees

Fairly straightforward on the white Tees.

1 hour ago, kplfishtank said:

Going to Florida in March for a weeks golfing. Not booked courses yet but hopefully get some good ones sorted. 

Take a drive out to where i was staying last june to southern dunes in haines city. Wish it was open when i was there. New greens just been laid

Just now, dummiesoot said:

You tried Southern Dunes KPL? A different test from water everywhere. Sand is the main hazard and tough from the blue Tees and mental from the black Tees

Haha. I literally just posted that there ?

3 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

I really enjoy that course, staying on the 'property' as the yanks call it helps, can have a pint or three during the round 

I was there in june. 6 of us and i thought i was fly and booked on a golf course. 3 weeks before we were due to go read the villa voucher and tickets etc and there was a note saying golf course would be closed. Was livid. Planned on playing it early mornings as was only one gonna be playing  and handy to get a round in before everyone was ready to go to parks. Only got to play 1 round along the road towards i4. Wasnt the best. 

Southern dures is a great place to stay though as there is loads about it. I wouldnt stay again though for the simple fact of how far away it is from parks. That was my only complaint about staying there. Wee bar across road beef o bradys good for a beer and then theres mannys .

On 25/01/2017 at 8:32 PM, dummiesoot said:

I've not mate. Will have a look and see if it's worth a look. 

Want to play Panther Lake as played it three times and love it. 

Start off with a couple of cheaper ones then build up to the good ones. 

On 27/01/2017 at 6:28 PM, kplfishtank said:

I've not mate. Will have a look and see if it's worth a look. 

Want to play Panther Lake as played it three times and love it. 

Start off with a couple of cheaper ones then build up to the good ones. 

I am sure Tee Total said he had played it. As I said in another post the courses at Orange County National are brilliant. 

10 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

I am sure Tee Total said he had played it. As I said in another post the courses at Orange County National are brilliant. 

Big man is picking us up from airport that way we can have a beer going over. 

Play his course on our last day as it's only 15 min drive to airport. 

I liked both but few of the mates didn't fancy crooked cat. Heard very good things about mission inn el campeon but it's a fair bit out 

2 hours ago, kplfishtank said:

Big man is picking us up from airport that way we can have a beer going over. 

Play his course on our last day as it's only 15 min drive to airport. 

I liked both but few of the mates didn't fancy crooked cat. Heard very good things about mission inn el campeon but it's a fair bit out 

Enjoy it KPL

7 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

Not good news for Tiger.

Playing The Carrick this Sunday morning, not it played in ages, looking forward to it.

Love that course. Played it twice last year. Weather was brutal on first day , the marshalls were coming out with towels to dry ourselves. 

3 hours ago, kplfishtank said:

Love that course. Played it twice last year. Weather was brutal on first day , the marshalls were coming out with towels to dry ourselves. 

I love the layout, the bunkers on the other hand are shit, steep faced fine but filled with builders sand.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Like a dug with two dicks today. 

Spinal surgery august 2015, not hit a ball since but just finished my first session at the range this morning.

The comeback has started. Just great to hit some shots. ?️

Good luck just don't force it in a rush to play competitively. You'll get back, patience padawan patience 

23 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Good luck just don't force it in a rush to play competitively. You'll get back, patience padawan patience 

Def not rushing it dummie. Only had 3 wedges with me but no better feeling when you see one going exactly where you plan. 

On ‎18‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 10:42 AM, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Like a dug with two dicks today. 

Spinal surgery august 2015, not hit a ball since but just finished my first session at the range this morning.

The comeback has started. Just great to hit some shots. ?️

Our very own Tiger Woods.