Rangers & Bursaspor agree fee for Kenny Miller

Shit club with no history

Like Boyd he's just a mercenary with no ambition beyond ££££££££

That's going to bother Hibs supporting Kenny Miller.

There is more ambition going abroad, to the Super-Lig Champions, playing in Europe than there is going down to Middlesbrough.

At least if he leaves now, we get some money in for him, unlike Boyd who lied and took us and the management for a ride.

I'm certainly not going to get all worked up over Kenny Miller leaving - I never wanted him in the first place and could not wait for the day he left.

End of the day, we brought him back to Rangers, and he's played a big part in the time he's been here.

We will move on, like always, and that's the only thing that matters.

When a player moves abroad to join a team with no history, you know it is 100% about money

A shit team at that and hardly a step up in league.

The Turkish league went way down in my estimations when we played them because they were pish and we should have beaten them home and away.

lol at the comments of late, he aint a bear and is looking out for number one, in any walk of life most would do the same, miller wouldnt win either way with the piss in the wind mentality of some

Bursaspor might not have history, but history has to be written somewhere. Miller might want to be in a team that does so...

I'm sure he'll say something like that too, but in reality everyone knows it's all about money

I'd be astounded if he lasted more than 12 months out there before returning to England, after begging Rangers to take him back and being told we can't afford him

I'm sure he'll say something like that too, but in reality everyone knows it's all about money

I'd be astounded if he lasted more than 12 months out there before returning to England, after begging Rangers to take him back and being told we can't afford him

frank and ronald de boer went for the big money as well, ah but its about kenny miller so has nothing to do with de boer's. :rolleyes:

lol whats wrong with taking money at the latter stages of his career.... sound like a big baby imo

Kenny Miller could have played his last game for Rangers after agreeing to sign for Turkish champions Bursaspor.

Walter Smith is highly unlikely to name the striker, left, in his starting line-up for tonights SPL showdown with Inverness Caley Thistle after the latest development in his transfer saga.

The players agent, Dave Baldwin, has remained in Turkey today to finalise discussions on a deal that will earn Miller a staggering £50,000 per week.

Its understood Rangers now plan to open talks with Bursaspor over an immediate transfer around the £600,000 mark as the Ibrox club attempt to cash-in on the 31-year-old.

And midfielder Lee McCulloch says the departure of the 22-goal hitman might not be the only major blow Rangers title ambitions suffer this month.

Several Rangers players have been linked with moves away from the club and McCulloch admits the likes of Steven Davis must be on the radar for several clubs in England.

He said: It is something that happens.

Look at Steven Davis, he has 18 months left on his contract and is arguably the best midfield player in the league, whats to say that hes not to go?

It happens to football clubs all over Britain, players coming and going.

Obviously Kenny has to look after himself and his family. He has done brilliantly for the club and if he does go then its basically all the best to him and thanks, and if he stays then it is brilliant.

Walter Smith, meanwhile, insists nothing has changed with regard to the possibility of Miller leaving. The Rangers boss said. This type of thing happens in the transfer window. We will have to wait and see.

Asked about the speculation that he was eyeing Plymouth striker Bradley Wright-Phillips as a replacement for Miller, Smith added: Ive said on numerous occasions that if nobody leaves then nobody will be coming in so we havent bid for anyone or are interested in anyone.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/editor-s-picks/rangers-plan-turkish-talks-over-kenny-miller-1.1080567

Shit club with no history

Like Boyd he's just a mercenary with no ambition beyond ££££££££

wit a statement FS. Just remember we only got 2 points in the CL last year. Jst because Bursa doesnt have great history doesnt mean it doesnt have ambition <cr> Good more competitive league than the SPL better crowd/atmosphere , better weather , much better money. Hes 31 and cant really blame him for taking the offer especially with a longer contract. All the best kenny Rangers will carry on regardless (tu)

Bursaspor are only 40 odd years old, they are current league Champions, they have some big money to play with, their away to completely renovate the Ataturk stadium... have to start somewhere, just like every club.

Probably going against most Bears on here but I wish Kenny all the very best.

He has been fantatsic this seasson and has been an asset since his return.

Why not go for the money at 31 and with his shins?

It will take care of his family and his retirement.

We will move on.

WATP

What really pisses me off about the whole situation is Miller's manic celebration when he scored at the Piggerie earlier this season, screaming "3 in a row, 3 in a row" at the cameras, when he had no intention of even being here for 3 in a row

It's been on the cards all season though. I remember him being interviewed after the Hibs game where he scored a hat trick and he refused to answer a question about whether he actually wanted to stay here

What really pisses me off about the whole situation is Miller's manic celebration when he scored at the Piggerie earlier this season, screaming "3 in a row, 3 in a row" at the cameras, when he had no intention of even being here for 3 in a row

It's been on the cards all season though. I remember him being interviewed after the Hibs game where he scored a hat trick and he refused to answer a question about whether he actually wanted to stay here

he had no intentions of being here, maybe then he thought the contract situation wud be different to what was being offered, and even if he did know he was away why not say what he said when in reality football is his passion and he would love 3 in a row as a player and for his career, any more faults, nitpicking, slating or just general toys oot the pram comments from irwin regarding miller, its plain to see you loathe the guy but can you give him any credit for anything he has done instead of looking for the doom and gloom that some fans see surrounding him all the time :)

because you, me and anybody else doesn't know whats in store for them in a few months time

Almost every article recently has been going with the angle that Miller wants to play abroad before he retires. That's unlikely to be something that's just popped into his head in the last few weeks. He never had any intention of staying here. McCulloch took a pay cut to stay, Naismith told his agent not to even tell him if there was interest in him, Papac will accept a 1 year deal because he understands the club's financial plight. Kenny Miller deserves no empathy.

Cheers for everything you've done since u came back kenny! He's been an absolutely fantastic signing and has helped win us the league 2 years runnin and has helped on our course for number 3.

A hibs fan who wants a big payday, what's wrong with that?

Cheers Kenny!

Keeny would have stayed if we offered him the right deal, we never so what do u want him to do?

Keeny would have stayed if we offered him the right deal, we never so what do u want him to do?

What's the right deal?

If we offered him a 3 year deal on the same wages as now, but Bursaspor offered him 50 grand a week, do you really think he'd have stay?

You could've at least justified him joining Birmingham or Fiorentina as a step up (in league) but joining a team who picked up 1 point in the Champions League and who have no history beyond 12 months ago? Fuck you Miller you greedy bastard

(tu) Unleash the hounds !!

I hear Turkey's very convenient for him to be closer to his family :rolleyes:

Good riddance.

What's the right deal?

If we offered him a 3 year deal on the same wages as now, but Bursaspor offered him 50 grand a week, do you really think he'd have stay?

the right deal would have been for both parties to agree a deal which would benefit both, and we aint gonna entertain (sorry the banks) kenny in terms of finances or length of contract, so he is well within his rights to look after no1. i dont expect this too sink in though

If someone offered any of you a 30,000 grand a week wage hinke you would be out of your job in an instant and anyone that says otherwise is just kidding themselves. And hes not a fan of the club so dont say "thats no the point its different playing for the club you love blah blah blah" Fs the guys struck fukin oil with this deal and i dont blame him 1 single bit for going for that kind of money. He done us proud while he was here but we will carry on without him FFS some people need to get over it and move on like everyone else at the club will do.