David Healy to sign by the weekend

Amac9

i find is so funny how things have changed, when Miller first came alot of people, on here aswell, said they wouldnt go back to ibrox aslong as he played for us, alot of fans thought he was going to flop and never backed him. How things have changed from that, the funny thing IMO But is someone like Lafferty, who has done a few things wrong so far for us, but always gives 100% and may not be the best gifted player but works hard for the team he loves, never seems to have the fans behind him. People dont even back him even though he is a playing in that blue jersey.

so basicly you never backed him when miller was playing haha ? no matter how poor you think a player is you should always back him if he puts on our jersey.

I do back any player that wears the jersey, but that does not mean I think he is not beyond criticism in a forum like this. I used to think we should give him time, and I can see talent when it comes to ball to feet, but Lafferty lacks something. This guy cost more than Davis, was nearly twice the price of Naismith, and seven times the fee we paid for Boyd. In that context I think we should be seeing something extra

so basicly you never backed him when miller was playing haha ? no matter how poor you think a player is you should always back him if he puts on our jersey.

i back every player we got, where are you getting i dont back laffery when miller plays, if they play for rangers i want them to be a success, not shoot them down every opportunity i get, the post you just quoted is a dig that now miller is away folks are gonna get on his back now (tu) and its bollocks

I do back any player that wears the jersey, but that does not mean I think he is not beyond criticism in a forum like this. I used to think we should give him time, and I can see talent when it comes to ball to feet, but Lafferty lacks something. This guy cost more than Davis, was nearly twice the price of Naismith, and seven times the fee we paid for Boyd. In that context I think we should be seeing something extra

the price tag is not his fault, and that is one reason why people hate him so much. You cant blame him for costing that much, Walter must have seen potential in him to fork out that much money, and that is a major reason why people dont like him because he cost so much.

An instant hero, why?

Is it because he's Northern Irish, supports Rangers, played the flute in a pre-season game against the tims and loves to get his photo taken with a Rangers scarf on... If this is what it has come to, then god help some people :anguish:

Absolutely pathetic!

A poor excuse for a footballer at club level; 320 odd games, 85 goals, and can't even get a game at Doncaster Rovers.

We already have a dud Northern Irish striker, we don't need another, non-scoring one.

Fuck off.

Lafferty has been good this season and if you cant see that your just choosing not to.

So far this season he has 6 assists and 5 goals from playing most games on the left and has changed games which we would have dropped points from(hearts, st mirren).

Give the guy a break, he has cut out the silly stuff after his past 2 seasons and got on with it and has been a big improvement.

Im happy with Lafferty replacing Miller and im not going to judge Healy until I see him play for us.

Fuck off.

Lafferty has been good this season and if you cant see that your just choosing not to.

So far this season he has 6 assists and 5 goals from playing most games on the left and has changed games which we would have dropped points from(hearts, st mirren).

Give the guy a break, he has cut out the silly stuff after his past 2 seasons and got on with it and has been a big improvement.

Im happy with Lafferty replacing Miller and im not going to judge Healy until I see him play for us.

pointless posting this, you will be shot down like me haha

the price tag is not his fault, and that is one reason why people hate him so much. You cant blame him for costing that much, Walter must have seen potential in him to fork out that much money, and that is a major reason why people dont like him because he cost so much.

That is not the reason I do not like him, and I would not go as far as you do when you say people 'hate' him. I just do not see a match winner there. Look at Jelavic, the man is a thorn in the side of defences. Lafferty is talented, you can see that when he keeps the ball at his feet when he makes a run, but for impact he offers little I think. I just do not think we would have bought him in hindsight, and that could say quite a lot about his value to us.

Fuck off.

lafferty wont get any benefit of any doubts being played out of position, thats a sad fact for some (tu)

Fuck off.

:mellow: Wouldn't go that far. He's been better than previously!

i find is so funny how things have changed, when Miller first came alot of people, on here aswell, said they wouldnt go back to ibrox aslong as he played for us, alot of fans thought he was going to flop and never backed him. How things have changed from that, the funny thing IMO But is someone like Lafferty, who has done a few things wrong so far for us, but always gives 100% and may not be the best gifted player but works hard for the team he loves, never seems to have the fans behind him. People dont even back him even though he is a playing in that blue jersey.

Lafferty does not always give 100% and he's been criticised in the past for that - just ask David Weir ;)

Running around like a mad man is all very well, I just expect a bit more than that. He's had some good games this season, along with some crap ones, and yet again he has shown that he's still not good or consistant enough.

I get behind everyone during games, but if I don't think they are good enough, then I will say so. Overall, Lafferty's Rangers career has been more negative than positive.

Last week he was called a legend, a hero, for laughing at Lennon, then ignoring Lennon - you couldn't make it up. Players are judged on their performances, well they should be.

And Jerome Rothen is a hate figure after he played 8 games for us, it just goes to show that players are hardly judged on ability anymore. Lafferty is given so many excuses by some and we've got people here praising the idea of David Healy signing. :anguish:

Why don't we just go and sign Dean Shiels as well?

:mellow: Wouldn't go that far. He's been better than previously!

theres not many that i could say have been good this season, we have been poor in so many games. Miller, Naisy, McGregor, Weir, Weiss now and then with Davis. I Would say Lafferty has been one of the better ones

pointless posting this, you will be shot down like me haha

Why, because we have a different opinion?

Give the guy a break, he has cut out the silly stuff after his past 2 seasons...

Yep, messing about, falling off a fcuking bus and breaking his hand. But I suppose you hear loads of players doing that.

theres not many that i could say have been good this season, we have been poor in so many games. Miller, Naisy, McGregor, Weir, Weiss now and then with Davis. I Would say Lafferty has been one of the better ones

I disagree. McGregor, Weiss (in spells) and Miller have been our best players.

lafferty wont get any benefit of any doubts being played out of position, thats a sad fact for some (tu)

Bullshit!

That debate has been done on here many a time.

Then Lafferty get's the nod up top and doesn't take it.

Why, because we have a different opinion?

Yep, messing about, falling off a fcuking bus and breaking his hand. But I suppose you hear loads of players doing that.

how dare he have a laugh, he obviously knew before hand that he would fall and break summit eh, get a life and dont holdan accident against the guy, its life.

I disagree. McGregor, Weiss (in spells) and Miller have been our best players.

i didnt mean better than the ones i mentioned, i ment they were the only ones i could say have been good all season, and lafferty out the rest of the squad has been one of the better ones

how dare he have a laugh, he obviously knew before hand that he would fall and break summit eh, get a life and dont holdan accident against the guy, its life.

Just another incident to add to his list of fcuk ups.

yeah well you just keep counting them, maybe then you will ave enough on him to drive him out eh (tu)

You know fine, you've just got your head up your arse.

Anyway, I wont need to, because if he doesn't find consistancy soon, he will be out the door when his contract is up. A few good games here and there is no use. Been better this season, but certainly not excellent or outstanding.