David Healy to sign by the weekend

Amac9

Around the time when Lafferty first came he scored at Tannadice and it looked like the goal of a natural finisher- he placed the ball between the goalie and the post, almost rolling it in. But over a period of nearly 3 seasons , as someone earlier reiterated, he has not been consistent. I would love to hear what Walter would have done in hindsight as regards him- I am not convinced he would be here.

he should have got someone more able imo, someone more clinical, but i tell ya he is determined to be a success at rangers and heres hoping he does it

It's about replacing Miller, making our team better, not signing someone because they support Rangers and play for Northern Ireland. If that's the case then we should go out and sign Warren Feeny, or any old piece of piss.

It's like some couldn't give a shit, but that's ok because the man is one of us and will wind-up the tims.

loads of people will be dilighted to get rid of miller and sign healy.

quite a few on here i suspect will have the champers out.

Compare what he did to say the sort of 'impact' Novo made time and again. For 3.75 million he has given very little at times. Yes , scored some important goals, but we should have expected more from him by now. When Jelavic came on the other night there was a ball of the line, he might have got a penalty, he could have scored again-Lafferty is not someone I see doing that

yes indeed but to suggest there was no difference when he came on against celtc is unfair.

that said the incompetance of the team before he came on was so bad i doubt it would have been possible for him not to improve things

Around the time when Lafferty first came he scored at Tannadice and it looked like the goal of a natural finisher- he placed the ball between the goalie and the post, almost rolling it in. But over a period of nearly 3 seasons , as someone earlier reiterated, he has not been consistent. I would love to hear what Walter would have done in hindsight as regards him- I am not convinced he would be here.

I think Walter will be saying to himself "Rangers have never failed to win the league with the talismanic Ulster Gazelle on the books" :pipe::21:

loads of people will be dilighted to get rid of miller and sign healy.

quite a few on here i suspect will have the champers out.

Your right. I don't see David Healy coming to Rangers anyway.

i find is so funny how things have changed, when Miller first came alot of people, on here aswell, said they wouldnt go back to ibrox aslong as he played for us, alot of fans thought he was going to flop and never backed him. How things have changed from that, the funny thing IMO But is someone like Lafferty, who has done a few things wrong so far for us, but always gives 100% and may not be the best gifted player but works hard for the team he loves, never seems to have the fans behind him. People dont even back him even though he is a playing in that blue jersey.

Miller won the majority of fans over because of his contribution on the park.

On the other hand, Lafferty hasn't contributed anything close to what Miller has over the same period of time.

Giving your all is the absolute minimum that is expected of a player. It's real quality and making a difference when the chips are down that will set you apart and help you win over the fans.

That's the key difference between Miller and Lafferty.

Miller won the majority of fans over because of his contribution on the park.

On the other hand, Lafferty hasn't contributed anything close to what Miller has over the same period of time.

Giving your all is the absolute minimum that is expected of a player. It's real quality and making a difference when the chips are down that will set you apart and help you win over the fans.

That's the key difference between Miller and Lafferty.

I honestly can't think of any games in which Lafferty failed to give his all. He might have played some stinkers but that's not the same thing.

Miller on the other hand, while characterised by his hard-working nature in general, has played quite a few games in which he just didn't seem in the mood.

Compare what he did to say the sort of 'impact' Novo made time and again. For 3.75 million he has given very little at times. Yes , scored some important goals, but we should have expected more from him by now. When Jelavic came on the other night there was a ball of the line, he might have got a penalty, he could have scored again-Lafferty is not someone I see doing that

Lafferty also had a shot cleared of the line and I'm sure he came close a few other times on top of that.

Since he's changed aspects of his attitude Lafferty has started to improve this season. I hope he does succeed and that people get of his back as I feel some of the criticism towards him is purely because it's Lafferty. I wonder what people would say about Jelavic if he doesn't score after five games!

As for Healy, he never has been and never will be good enough to play for us, we have better options who could be utilised, such as Fleck or Naismith playing up top. Yes, we do need more players but they have to be the right players.

I honestly can't think of any games in which Lafferty failed to give his all. He might have played some stinkers but that's not the same thing.

Miller on the other hand, while characterised by his hard-working nature in general, has played quite a few games in which he just didn't seem in the mood.

On top of that Miller had played more times than Lafferty, so it's quite hard for a player to develop properly if they're not getting the chance to be on the park!

Amac comes across as a genuine poster but respect levels will drop if this turns out to be pish

As for Healy, I'd take him on loan until the end of the season, let him try and prove himself to us, if he's no use then get rid. I'd still prefer us to buy a Striker long-term though

Lafferty also had a shot cleared of the line and I'm sure he came close a few other times on top of that.

Since he's changed aspects of his attitude Lafferty has started to improve this season. I hope he does succeed and that people get of his back as I feel some of the criticism towards him is purely because it's Lafferty. I wonder what people would say about Jelavic if he doesn't score after five games!

As for Healy, he never has been and never will be good enough to play for us, we have better options who could be utilised, such as Fleck or Naismith playing up top. Yes, we do need more players but they have to be the right players.

How dare you suggest such a senario :craphead: . I have a theory about healy perhaps he is only good for NI because its his country he loves playing for them and playing alongside lafferty and davis hmmmmmm :sherlock: