Scotland to play England at Wembley in a friendly, August 2013.

Boab

Official Email.

SCOTLAND are on their way to Wembley for the first time since the famous 1-0 win against England in 1999.

The Scottish FA is delighted to announce that Craig Levein’s squad will resume the Auld Enemy rivalry on Wednesday, August 14, 2013 as part of The Football Association’s 150th anniversary celebrations.

Don Hutchison was the goalscoring hero the last time Scotland took on England, in the UEFA Euro 2000 play-off. Now, as part of preparations for the second half of FIFA World Cup Qualifying Group A, Scotland will play in the refurbished Wembley Stadium for the first time.

The National Team Coach, Craig Levein, believes his squad will relish the challenge of this historic fixture.

He said: “For any Scotland supporter, player or coach, Scotland versus England is the ultimate contest: it really is as good as it gets. I am thrilled that we have reached agreement with The FA to play at Wembley as part of their 150th Anniversary celebrations and I am sure the supporters will be there in their tens of thousands.

“Our match against Brazil at the Emirates Stadium in London last year was a tremendous spectacle and I was overwhelmed by the support we had that day. This is an even more mouth-watering prospect for all concerned and the players will be desperate to record another famous victory at Wembley.

“It will also be the best test possible before we resume our FIFA World Cup Qualifying campaign next year.”

Roy Hodgson, England National Team Coach, added:

“I am privileged to be manager of England at UEFA Euro 2012 and it will be another huge honour to lead our nation out against our oldest rivals. For us, England v Scotland is one of the finest fixtures in international football and I know what this game means to both sets of supporters.

“It will be a fitting part of The FA’s 150th anniversary celebrations and the supporters, the team and my coaching staff all look forward to welcoming Scotland to Wembley Stadium next year.”

England and Scotland are international football’s oldest opponents. They met in the first official match ever played.

The original staging of this fixture took place at the ground of the West of Scotland Cricket Club at Partick, on Saturday, 30 November 1872. In the previous month The FA Committee had formally agreed to send a representative team, “in order to further the interests of The Association in Scotland”.

Bell’s Life saw it as “one of the jolliest, one of the most spirited and most pleasant matches that has ever been played according to Association rules”. There was a crowd of nearly 4000 and it finished in a 0-0 draw.

The teams have now met on 110 occasions. England has won 45 times, Scotland 41 times and there have been 24 draws.

Scotland’s ‘Wembley Wizards’ were 5-1 winners in 1928 but an England side defeated Scotland 9-3, also at Wembley, to clinch the British Championship trophy in 1961. A colossal attendance of 149,547, still a British record, saw Scotland win 3-1 at Glasgow’s Hampden Park in 1937.

Details on how supporters can roar Scotland to victory at Wembley will be confirmed shortly, with exciting packages that will guarantee your visit to Wembley and your unique seat for all Scotland’s home matches in FIFA World Cup Qualifying Group A against Croatia, Serbia, Belgium, Macedonia and Wales

Would imagine we'd get about 7500-10000 tickets.

Pal who is over for the Euros said when they found out the English were very much excited about the game.

Regardless of what folk say, the English see us as big rivals.

They only plays Germany in their last game at the old Wembley because they didn't wish for it to go down in the record books that Scotland did the job there.

A wee invasion of London to occur.

Are you real?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IF your a Scotsman, I cant see why would you want Scotland to lose over the the conduct of the SFA

:(

People annoyed by the conduct of the sfa don't support the sfa's team.....

It's hardly complicated.

As for 'if you are a Scotsman', well maybe if the players were....

Tbh I hope both teams kick the living shite out of each other.

International football is not what it once was, players with English accents pretending to be Scottish?? Nah not for me.

Also it's a friendly so in reality who gives a flying fuck?

Someone needs to get a banner made for the england end saying "you could of had us as fans, stick your tartan army up your arse"

Please please refrain from this. We don't want you Scots...

Tuff shit lol already got the feelers out for tickets in the england end

And you're Scottish right?

That's honestly one of the worst ideas i've read on here. Why would England want the Trannie Armies reject fans ffs doh

Why anyone would support a country other than that of their birth or that in which they were raised is beyond me. I will be supporting Scotland as always. It is possible to support both Rangers and Scotland. No to the plastic English!

And you're Scottish right?

That's honestly one of the worst ideas i've read on here. Why would England want the Trannie Armies reject fans ffs doh

Na im british, but for the sake of your argument im scottish, got a lot of friends and fam that are english tho, been t a few england games a generally always prefered them to scotland. All of the english that iv been to games with havent bothered that im a sweaty sock as they call me, as soon as the british national anthem starts we are all united.

If any rangers fan wants to support the sfa after they continually fuck us over thats up to u but they wont get my backing.

Na im british, but for the sake of your argument im scottish, got a lot of friends and fam that are english tho, been t a few england games a generally always prefered them to scotland. All of the english that iv been to games with havent bothered that im a sweaty sock as they call me, as soon as the british national anthem starts we are all united.

If any rangers fan wants to support the sfa after they continually fuck us over thats up to u but they wont get my backing.

Why did you say "Na im british" as if that doesn't make you Scottish, it doesn't make your suggestion any less ridiculous.

When the national anthem starts you are not all united as you are standing in a stadium full of English people singing the English football teams national anthem.

There isn't a GB football team so don't even try and say you're British so it's fine. Do you go to the Wales and N.I games and sing the national anthems then? If not then you're just supporting England because they're good? Show some loyalty to Scotland ffs.

Do you think the majority of English fans want Scottish people supporting England? They don't...

I wonder if the trannie army would welcome English fans supporting Scotland. Might go to the next Scotland game in my England top and sing about how they sent us 'hameward', actually scratch that idea i'm not a complete and utter sack.

Why did you say "Na im british" as if that doesn't make you Scottish, it doesn't make your suggestion any less ridiculous.

When the national anthem starts you are not all united as you are standing in a stadium full of English people singing the English football teams Inational anthem.

There isn't a GB football team so don't even try and say you're British so it's fine. Do you go to the Wales and N.I games and sing the national anthems then? If not then you're just supporting England because they're good? Show some loyalty to Scotland ffs.

Do you think the majority of English fans want Scottish people supporting England? They don't...

I

I wonder if the trannie army would welcome English fans supporting Scotland. Might go to the next Scotland game in my England top and sing about how they sent us 'hameward', actually scratch that idea i'm not a complete and utter sack.

Been to a northern ireland game in their end and yea id go to a wales game, to be honest I dont bother my arse about international games, only go for the banter. There are plenty english fans that would welcome us if we were backing england, next u will be saying that blacks and asians shouldnt be at england games they should be at jamaica and india games as most england fans wont want them there. At the end of the day if u are eilling to back the team u can support who u want.

I know u cant compare them but iv been to a few scot v eng rugby games and there has been plenty guys wearing kilts and england tops.

If u feel so strong about it why do u support a scottish club?

Been to a northern ireland game in their end and yea id go to a wales game, to be honest I dont bother my arse about international games, only go for the banter. There are plenty english fans that would welcome us if we were backing england, next u will be saying that blacks and asians shouldnt be at england games they should be at jamaica and india games as most england fans wont want them there. At the end of the day if u are eilling to back the team u can support who u want.

I know u cant compare them but iv been to a few scot v eng rugby games and there has been plenty guys wearing kilts and england tops.

If u feel so strong about it why do u support a scottish club?

Not if they are English...

You don't choose where you're born. It's not like i support England because they're a great footballing nation, it's because i'm English.

I support a Scottish club because of my Scottish father. Rangers aren't a national team, if Rangers were Scotland then i wouldn't support Rangers :lol: