online poker tips whats yours ?

soulboy

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All about reading how people bet.

Yup.

Posts like the OP annoy me TBH, the tips he gives are based on nothing but speculation, and the fact that his brain remembers the bad and big hands, but forgets the hundreds of hands a day that go exactly the way the odds say they should.

Yup.

Posts like the OP annoy me TBH, the tips he gives are based on nothing but speculation, and the fact that his brain remembers the bad and big hands, but forgets the hundreds of hands a day that go exactly the way the odds say they should.

You given up playing on a Thursday?

I reckon any relatively clever person, with the right mentality, could make it as an online pro if they are willing to put in a couple of years of reading into the game and learning it inside out.

Really is money to be made.

There isn't as much as there used to be mate.

The black Friday shit really hit the poker economy hard, there are more regs and less fish than there used to be.

2009, did you win multi tourney online ?

Couple of decent finishes in mtts for about 1k

most of my winnings have came from the 90 man sitgos

It was also the year i probably played the most poker, i was getting staked into some decent games at that time.

My best advice for online poker is not to sit with your hand on the mouse.

Playing live poker, the game is played at a slower pace, you have time & patience to sit and observe other players, think about your decisions, replay the hand through your head, etc....

When i play online, i kinda feel like i'm playing a computer or arcade game, i make decisions instantly and check webpages when others are making decisions... i get bored, and irritated.

Needless to say the quality in play & decision making between live & online is huge, i play like shite online.

Hence, why i try to focus on giving online play as much care, attention, concentration & thought as i do in live play.

I only touch the mouse once i've made my decisions to execute them, if i sit with my hand on the mouse, i make instant decisions, which is never going to turn out well.

not sure if serious. but none of them are good tips.

Well for starters how can you tell what someone has by their betting patterns in rush or zoom when you move tables to play different people every hand so the easiest way to make a profit is by keeping open the tables where you hit the flop hard.

Obv if you are a good player then you can make money when you have nothing but in micro stakes people will call with bottom pair so better to play tables where you hit flops rather than tables that you dont

Well for starters how can you tell what someone has by their betting patterns in rush or zoom when you move tables to play different people every hand so the easiest way to make a profit is by keeping open the tables where you hit the flop hard.

Obv if you are a good player then you can make money when you have nothing but in micro stakes people will call with bottom pair so better to play tables where you hit flops rather than tables that you dont

Was your whole post about Zoom?

Also I said you can read people online. not you can read people in zoom.

I play micro stakes pretty much constantly, ill write something better up when i am not multi tabling lol

IMO the key to ZOOM poker is playing no more than 2 or 3 tables at a time. that way you can "quick fold" your way to premium hands a lot quicker than if you have a lot of tables up, play premium hands and play them hard... It's amazing how often you will be paid off.

The "people call with bottom pair in the micros" is a myth, they will call light, but rarley do you come across the super donks that will call down with bottom pair ( and if you get them at the table, then great they are easy money.. you just have to tighten your range against them)

The best time to bluff in micro stakes poker is on and around the money bubbles, people will fold away so much value for a 1 or 2 buck jump, you can take serious advantage of that.

Like someone else said earlier, try other games too, Omaha is a great game.

IMO the key to ZOOM poker is playing no more than 2 or 3 tables at a time. that way you can "quick fold" your way to premium hands a lot quicker than if you have a lot of tables up, play premium hands and play them hard... It's amazing how often you will be paid off.

The "people call with bottom pair in the micros" is a myth, they will call light, but rarley do you come across the super donks that will call down with bottom pair ( and if you get them at the table, then great they are easy money.. you just have to tighten your range against them)

The best time to bluff in micro stakes poker is on and around the money bubbles, people will fold away so much value for a 1 or 2 buck jump, you can take serious advantage of that.

Like someone else said earlier, try other games too, Omaha is a great game.

You don't get zoom tourneys on stars just rush tourneys on FTP . 4 cash tables max at each blind level on zoom that's why I said open the max 4 tables and close the ones which you're losing at and concentrate on the ones where you are making the profit

You don't get zoom tourneys on stars just rush tourneys on FTP . 4 cash tables max at each blind level on zoom that's why I said open the max 4 tables and close the ones which you're losing at and concentrate on the ones where you are making the profit

I can see that i suppose.

But I would think it would be just as profitable to play the 4 tables (If you can 4 table zoom comfortably ) and keep them open even if you are not doing too well, or maybe close the table and open a new one.

Never played poker, but always fancied giving it a go. Just read through that lot and didn't comprehend a fucking word! Something about zooming floppers and folding fish <cr>

Going to use my time off work to look into getting started. The missus is going to pick me up a book from the library and I'll have a wee look, see if there are any free online tutorials or something :D

Never played poker, but always fancied giving it a go. Just read through that lot and didn't comprehend a fucking word! Something about zooming floppers and folding fish <cr>

Going to use my time off work to look into getting started. The missus is going to pick me up a book from the library and I'll have a wee look, see if there are any free online tutorials or something :D

ill rustle you up some good links soon mate.