Never Forget...

... those who kicked us when we were down.

I will never forget Lawwell's comments, following our relegation and when it had nothing to do with his club, going public in stating that Celtic "did not need Rangers".

I will never forget Thompson, Dundee United's chairman, also going public ahead of the July, 2012 vote on our league status.

I will never forget what those who walked out on us did to us; Naismith, Davis, Lafferty, Whittaker, McGregor, etc.

I will never forget Gary Harkin's comments in the build-up to our Scottish Cup fixture against Dundee last month.

To a lesser extent, I never forgot that the now deceased Raith Rovers chairman, Turnbull Hutton, led a media party against our introduction to the First Division.

At a time where the club is surrounded by so much positivity, let us never forget those who kicked us when we were down and who, following years and years of watching us lift trophy after trophy, title after title, took advantage of the situation that we were in.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

Thats why none of my cash will ever go to any away games.

Every last one of them wanted us finished and wiped of the map of Scottish football.

Coincidently, I'm hoping this topic will assist in my decision making on that matter.

Between 2008 and 2012, I missed no more than ten away fixtures and used to love an away day on the bus. I miss those trips to Aberdeen, Dundee, etc., but I'm not keen on the notion of funding those who kicked us when we were down.

Just now, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Coincidently, I'm hoping this topic will assist in my decision making on that matter.

Between 2008 and 2012, I missed no more than ten away fixtures and used to love an away day on the bus. I miss those trips to Aberdeen, Dundee, etc., but I'm not keen on the notion of funding those who kicked us when we were down.

Not been to any away games in four years and will never go again.

I will never forget that there was not one decent bastard out of them all that sided with us and I carry a grudge to the grave........

4 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Not been to any away games in four years and will never go again.

I will never forget that there was not one decent bastard out of them all that sided with us and I carry a grudge to the grave........

Didn't Michael Johnston of Kilmarnock side with us, or am I mistaken?

Try and tell our board that. They want to kiss the arse of all of them, and to move forward for the sake of Scottish Football. Our board is full of cowards, and Paul Murray is the biggest one, he runs speaking to the papers and media, who have attacked and spread lies about our club.

Was a greedy stitch up. The top flight clubs were only after changing the voting structure. The unwashed wanted us to lose players and a free go at the champions league. The lower division clubs wanted to play us for the supporters cash.

Still makes me laugh when they say they did better without us when its obvious that's because our TV cash was still going to them. Never seen a lower league team on TV so often.

It's difficult to understand the level of sheer bitterness they have for us. Just wish I had made more of those years when we pumped them all silly. Although I'll be sure to do so in the coming years. The poison in Scottish football was on show for all to see. Even the politicians were too fearful to assist our biggest club despite the papers going public that the takeover was a fraud and Whyte a con man because it would have lost them votes. Was no surprise but still embarrassing to see some of them calling for this community protected status for clubs after the referendum.

The papers themselves printed the truth about the fraud and then proceeded to ignore it. Preferring to slaughter us daily instead.

The EBT witch hunt was a disgrace considering it was still to be settled and was a matter relating to the structure of our country's economy. The issue is to do with the nature of capitalism and yet we had every half wit in the media giving us lectures on moral philosophy and acting as social judge and jury. I think we all now know that tax saving schemes are ten-a-penny in the UK and that's why they usually attract little publicity. HMRC itself only got tough because football clubs are geographically immobile or else it would have been a slap on the wrist like happens with every other high wage industry.

The true moral of this vulgar affair is that Scotland does not deserve a great football club like Rangers. It's proven itself to be far too small minded and parochial. It's just a shame we can't leave immediately and let the others drown in their own piss. 

47 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

I will never forget Lawwell's comments, following our relegation and when it had nothing to do with his club, going public in stating that Celtic "did not need Rangers".

I will never forget Thompson, Dundee United's chairman, also going public ahead of the July, 2012 vote on our league status.

I will never forget what those who walked out on us did to us; Naismith, Davis, Lafferty, Whittaker, McGregor, etc.

I will never forget Gary Harkin's comments in the build-up to our Scottish Cup fixture against Dundee last month.

To a lesser extent, I never forgot that the now deceased Raith Rovers chairman, Turnbull Hutton, led a media party against our introduction to the First Division.

At a time where the club is surrounded by so much positivity, let us never forget those who kicked us when we were down and who, following years and years of watching us lift trophy after trophy, title after title, took advantage of the situation that we were in.

Mr Liewell changed his tune later, moaning that it was costing the scum millions, why was he not challenged on this by our balanced media

I hope all the clubs that thought it was a good idea to try and get rid of us get fucked over financially at some point as it would be their own fault for reducing their revenue just to try and give themselves a chance by trying to get rid of us. Well he's some news for all the haters, you put us down, you kicked us when we were down but you couldn't keep us down. WE'RE BACK and the SPL clubs better be ready because we are gonna get our own back on the field. 

1 hour ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Think you've forgotten quite a few other things that happened to us mate, your memory might not be as good as you're claiming. 

2 hours ago, William McBeath said:

Was a greedy stitch up. The top flight clubs were only after changing the voting structure. The unwashed wanted us to lose players and a free go at the champions league. The lower division clubs wanted to play us for the supporters cash.

Still makes me laugh when they say they did better without us when its obvious that's because our TV cash was still going to them. Never seen a lower league team on TV so often.

It's difficult to understand the level of sheer bitterness they have for us. Just wish I had made more of those years when we pumped them all silly. Although I'll be sure to do so in the coming years. The poison in Scottish football was on show for all to see. Even the politicians were too fearful to assist our biggest club despite the papers going public that the takeover was a fraud and Whyte a con man because it would have lost them votes. Was no surprise but still embarrassing to see some of them calling for this community protected status for clubs after the referendum.

The papers themselves printed the truth about the fraud and then proceeded to ignore it. Preferring to slaughter us daily instead.

The EBT witch hunt was a disgrace considering it was still to be settled and was a matter relating to the structure of our country's economy. The issue is to do with the nature of capitalism and yet we had every half wit in the media giving us lectures on moral philosophy and acting as social judge and jury. I think we all now know that tax saving schemes are ten-a-penny in the UK and that's why they usually attract little publicity. HMRC itself only got tough because football clubs are geographically immobile or else it would have been a slap on the wrist like happens with every other high wage industry.

The true moral of this vulgar affair is that Scotland does not deserve a great football club like Rangers. It's proven itself to be far too small minded and parochial. It's just a shame we can't leave immediately and let the others drown in their own piss. 

In my opinion we should have left four years ago when we were stabbed in the back by those bastards,however due to the critical circumstances that we found ourselves in at that time there really wasn't any credible alternative other than going down to the Third Division   
I don't know if it will happen in my life time but hopefully some day we will be part of a new league formation similar to the Atlantic League set up proposed during 2001

4 minutes ago, allcinaye said:

In my opinion we should have left four years ago when we were stabbed in the back by those bastards,however due to the critical circumstances that we found ourselves in at that time there really wasn't any credible alternative other than going down to the Third Division   
I don't know if it will happen in my life time but hopefully some day we will be part of a new league formation similar to the Atlantic League set up proposed during 2001

My hopes too mate. Hopefully we both get to witness it. Would rather that than the EPL which will never happen anyway as they'd be putting their own clubs league positions at risk. It's become a bit of an Abu Dhabi league to me anyway. It's not the fault of English clubs but I have a lot more time for clubs on the continent that are still traditional like ourselves.

I'd actually bring in a separate European trophy right now for natural clubs because when we play the big league clubs it feels more like taking on a TV company rather than a football club because of the financials. I've been thinking that since we had to park the bus against Man U in 2010 because it's just not right that the likes of Sky TV are deciding who can do what in football.

Wish I knew what the fuck our minister of sport actually does because if it was me I'd be calling out on this nonsense and to hell if it upsets other nations. Instead we have our reporters lapping it up and asking players like Tavernier after 4 games if they're looking to play down south again in the championship. Same with our manager. They obviously want to keep themselves in with a chance of a cushy TV job but would be great for football if just some of them would turn their back on it and highlight it for the joke its become.

Yup the 'Natural European Cup' has a nice ring to it for me lol 

I will never forgive or forget or go to any away games.

But if ppl want to do this I understand as there supporting the team.

We all know there is only 1 team that's stands out up here.

As we have been followed all the way both from our fans and the media as when is a lower division team on the telly every other week.

I have not even bothered looking at our so called top division and I'm glad they have all suffered.

Were back and we should be proud as we have showed the world WATP.

Now the work begins our board should not bend to any of the other clubs and be strong and it should be Gers first.

This 100%. Well said William McBeath.

My hopes too mate. Hopefully we both get to witness it. Would rather that than the EPL which will never happen anyway as they'd be putting their own clubs league positions at risk. It's become a bit of an Abu Dhabi league to me anyway. It's not the fault of English clubs but I have a lot more time for clubs on the continent that are still traditional like ourselves.

I'd actually bring in a separate European trophy right now for natural clubs because when we play the big league clubs it feels more like taking on a TV company rather than a football club because of the financials. I've been thinking that since we had to park the bus against Man U in 2010 because it's just not right that the likes of Sky TV are deciding who can do what in football.

Wish I knew what the fuck our minister of sport actually does because if it was me I'd be calling out on this nonsense and to hell if it upsets other nations. Instead we have our reporters lapping it up and asking players like Tavernier after 4 games if they're looking to play down south again in the championship. Same with our manager. They obviously want to keep themselves in with a chance of a cushy TV job but would be great for football if just some of them would turn their back on it and highlight it for the joke its become.

Yup the 'Natural European Cup' has a nice ring to it for me lol 

Ultimately, to survive in the football world or any sort of business for that matter, a club requires financial stability. 
If we are to compete at the highest level in the game we must have the means of signing quality players with the ability to produce fast exciting entertainment on the park.
As things currently stand, at the moment we are unable to do this due the limited potential resources that are available within the SPFL set up.
For me, the only alternative is to look elsewhere at some time in the future in the hope of providing the type of football that will keep the fans happy together with sponsors seeing it as a worthwhile investment.

8 minutes ago, allcinaye said:

Ultimately, to survive in the football world or any sort of business for that matter, a club requires financial stability. 
If we are to compete at the highest level in the game we must have the means of signing quality players with the ability to produce fast exciting entertainment on the park.
As things currently stand at the moment we are unable to do this due the limited potential resources that are available within the SPFL set up.
For me, the only alternative is to look elsewhere at some time in the future in the hope of providing the type of football that will keep the fans happy together with sponsors seeing it as a worthwhile investment.

Yup only thing we can do. Unfortunately I think even the Dutch get around a billion now. Don't know about the rest but that's probably enough to make the Dutch less eager to start something with us. My fear is we end up excluded from what happens next but hopefully the support base gets us an invite to any Euro league. Think with the team Warburton is building we will improve our exposure and standing in the next few years which is good.

1 hour ago, William McBeath said:

Yup only thing we can do. Unfortunately I think even the Dutch get around a billion now. Don't know about the rest but that's probably enough to make the Dutch less eager to start something with us. My fear is we end up excluded from what happens next but hopefully the support base gets us an invite to any Euro league. Think with the team Warburton is building we will improve our exposure and standing in the next few years which is good.

(tu) I certainly hope so.

3 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

Thats why none of my cash will ever go to any away games.

Every last one of them wanted us finished and wiped of the map of Scottish football.

It's a very hard decision to make. I absolutely agree that we wish everything that's bad on all these cnuts. 

However this will be our teams return to the 'top' division and they will need all the support they can get. Esp with a few new players added. I believe the vitriol will be worse than we have endured during past four seasons. 

It should be for each fan to decide how he/she reacts and that decision should be positively acknowledged by all other fans. 

It is a difficult decision because I honestly cannot think of any other way to hurt the haters.

We must never forget what was done to us, never. The passing of time is the problem however, but we must never forget. As for forgiving, or for fans attending away games, or specific away games, I will leave that to their own consciences, it is none of my business, we are a people who believe in liberty and freedom of choice, we need to remember that.