Never Forget...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to go to away games then go with your head held high and loud be your voice, if you choose not to go then I completely understand why you may have reached this decision but please let's not go down the boycott road, it creates division in our support at a time when unity is our greatest weapon, personally I have not decided what to do yet, I certainly won't be at every away game but will not doubt end up going to some as supporting the team away is more important next season than probably at any other time in our history imo, remember the proposed boycott at Tannadice, utter fiasco and we don't need a repeat so as I say each to their own but I believe we will have a large away support wherever we play.

On 12/04/2016 at 9:43 AM, WeirFleckNRothen said:

... those who kicked us when we were down.

I will never forget Lawwell's comments, following our relegation and when it had nothing to do with his club, going public in stating that Celtic "did not need Rangers".

I will never forget Thompson, Dundee United's chairman, also going public ahead of the July, 2012 vote on our league status.

I will never forget what those who walked out on us did to us; Naismith, Davis, Lafferty, Whittaker, McGregor, etc.

I will never forget Gary Harkin's comments in the build-up to our Scottish Cup fixture against Dundee last month.

To a lesser extent, I never forgot that the now deceased Raith Rovers chairman, Turnbull Hutton, led a media party against our introduction to the First Division.

At a time where the club is surrounded by so much positivity, let us never forget those who kicked us when we were down and who, following years and years of watching us lift trophy after trophy, title after title, took advantage of the situation that we were in.

It's hard to forget the injustice that has happened to Rangers and it's realistic to think the club has been treated unfairly. Rangers fans groups have been questioning the impartiality of the articles written by Journalists, who Imho are profiling Rangers FC fans as Sectarian British, Protestant, loyalist, Orange, Bigots.  As British citizens the fans groups have the right to peacefully and respectfully campaign against this hate. More needs to be done by the board, as guardians of the club they need continue to challenge stories/events that are profiling Rangers fans and causing brand damage to the club as a whole.

Journalist, radio reporters, on scene news reporters, documentary reporters and those that create adverts for T.V.  should not be writing/filming/speaking of Rangers stories as fact, without the evidence to back the story up. They should not be acting as undercover reps for F.A.R.E. They should not be using sectarian language on social media, that has been branded an illegal offence and subject to a hate crime charge. By doing this they are fanning the flames of hated towards the club.

Fans season ticket boycotts to pressure the governing bodies should not have happened, Rangers were pre-judged and punished by these bodies whilst the BDO and HMRC court cases have not been concluded. The governing bodies have contributed to the atmosphere of the Rangers hating bandwagonary by sentencing Rangers.

Religion and politics should have no place in sports. The battle against bigotry should be focused on the whole of Scottish society and within there own arenas and not be a one sided argument.