lerxst

How to Increase Ibrox

125 posts in this topic

The Copland was designed that the rooff could be jacked up and another tier could be installed.It would still cost millions to do  and there is no need to do it at this moment in time, if in years to come we are part of a bigger league and getting big bucks from tv  then maybe then if there were fans not getting a ticket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, gmcf said:

So is it structurally feasible ? Other than the seats / screens , I mean . 

I believe it is m8, I had a few mates on the job constructing the steelwork for club deck etc and they tell me original plans were to have no screens and Sandy Jardine stand was to be made structural able to hold another tier if warranted, I'm not an architect but that's what I've been told 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could increase the capacity by adding a standing area (return the enclosure to its glory days). 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, gmcf said:

So is it structurally feasible ? Other than the seats / screens , I mean . 

I don't know mate. I seem to remember at the time some discussion about it being constructed such that it could be changed to seating if required in the future, but I'm not sure. Regardless, engineers are a talented bunch. I'm sure they could come up with a solution to make it possible. I'd be shocked if it wasn't a realistic possibility. 

Still don't think it'd be worth it though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I don't know mate. I seem to remember at the time some discussion about it being constructed such that it could be changed to seating if required in the future, but I'm not sure. Regardless, engineers are a talented bunch. I'm sure they could come up with a solution to make it possible. I'd be shocked if it wasn't a realistic possibility. 

Still don't think it'd be worth it though.

I agree while I think it would be structurally feasible I really don't see the need, leave her as she is in my mind 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

I believe it is m8, I had a few mates on the job constructing the steelwork for club deck etc and they tell me original plans were to have no screens and Sandy Jardine stand was to be made structural able to hold another tier if warranted, I'm not an architect but that's what I've been told 

Cheers (tu) 

Just wondering how big a job it was ie, starting the corners from scratch , in which case it really wouldn't be worth it. 

I like the look of Inigo's pictures , though obviously at this minute in time our attention and priority has to be players . But in time , and hopefully , once our finances are more secure , its something we can look at again should there be a demand . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, jimgers said:

Cowboys_Stadium_full_view.jpg

That's a $1.5BILLION stadium. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I don't know mate. I seem to remember at the time some discussion about it being constructed such that it could be changed to seating if required in the future, but I'm not sure. Regardless, engineers are a talented bunch. I'm sure they could come up with a solution to make it possible. I'd be shocked if it wasn't a realistic possibility. 

Still don't think it'd be worth it though.

Like I said above , not right now , we need to prioritise with what's happening on the park . But down the line , if ST demand wants it in such a way that the extra capacity would make it financially worthwhile , then who knows . Like I said , your pictures look the part . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

That's a $1.5BILLION stadium. 

I know but how much for the floating screens?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ibrox Ibrox Ibrox Ibrox Ibrox Ibrox Ibrox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Different idea with the screens. (tu)

Think your costing of 1mill is just a little low. 

Once you remove those screens there's just thousands of seats there doing nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hard one to call really. Once we get into the champions league games then it could be considered, but financially,

it is not feasible just now. I don't mean right now of course.

Unless we host a commonwealth games and get the council to do it for us.....

oh wait, the bheggars beat us to that one.

Any extensions to making it bigger needs serious money and King and co. do not have it.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

That's a $1.5BILLION stadium. 

 

I heard it was $ 1/2bn, because they're cowboys.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Ibrox needs to hold an extra 10k people.  We should be looking to match Celtic who have sold about 46k season tickets so far.  We couldn't match that number if we tried at the moment because there needs to be a certain amount of seats given to away fans and used as segregation.  With a bigger stadium there's the potential to sell more season tickets and cash in from the big Old Firm games and European fixtures.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't there once talk of sinking the pitch?  Not that I think an increase is needed right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I think Ibrox needs to hold an extra 10k people.  We should be looking to match Celtic who have sold about 46k season tickets so far.  We couldn't match that number if we tried at the moment because there needs to be a certain amount of seats given to away fans and used as segregation.  With a bigger stadium there's the potential to sell more season tickets and cash in from the big Old Firm games and Europe fixtures.

With your stated factors; how many ST's can we sell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's worth the cost imo, more seats more revenue. Removing the screens is the most cost effective method.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

 

I heard it was $ 1/2bn, because they're cowboys.

Ffs. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jimgers said:

I know but how much for the floating screens?

We would also need to build a retractable roof over Ibrox which would be a no-go without MASSIVE disruption and cost. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Could sell season tickets with a 50% discount that allow midgets to sit in the laps of those with season tickets already. 

After all our unofficial club motto is "wee are the people".

 

?????????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

We would also need to build a retractable roof over Ibrox which would be a no-go without MASSIVE disruption and cost. 

Or we could put a massive steel  beam across from the Govan Stand to the Club Deck and float the screens. who do we know who could give us a discount in steel?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

We would also need to build a retractable roof over Ibrox which would be a no-go without MASSIVE disruption and cost. 

And a retractable pitch - so next season when they timmigrants run on, they'll be swallowed up.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jimgers said:

Or we could put a massive steel  beam across from the Govan Stand to the Club Deck and float the screens. who do we know who could give us a discount in steel?

Could either structure hold such additional weight without reinforcement? Would the cost be worthwhile to add a few thousand extra seats that we have no real need for outwith a couple games a season? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we do sell 44,000 ST's and can near enough match those figures for the next few years then expansion should definitely be considered. I agree for midweek cup games against the likes of say Morton where we have attendences of around 30k that 20 thousand empty seats looks better than the 30,000 empty seats at CP but it's a price I'd be willing to pay if we could get 60k for Old firms and European games and for the rest of the season could look to get consistently in the 50k region. How we'd actually do it and if it would be financially feasible is another issue though.

Im surprised we haven't applied to host a Europa League final, would generate revenue and Ibrox would be perfect.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Briton said:

Wasn't there once talk of sinking the pitch?  Not that I think an increase is needed right now.

I think the club said previously the pitch can't be lowered anymore than it was in the 90's due to the viewing angle the club deck.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now