UB incident?

graeme_4

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See really, this thread was supposed to be about Police Scotland trying to steamroll into the crowd and lift a wee guy for signing, having a banner or something equally inoffensive. 

We should be uniting against the way our fans are treated (home and away), rather than going tit for tat with each other on song choice, drums, megaphones and stick on stone island badges. 

6 minutes ago, left winger said:

They boycotted their usual seats I think. Don't remember the atmosphere being any better or worse.

Can't remember it very well then if you think Ibrox sang for the full 90 minutes without them while we were in the lower divisions :hmmm:

1 minute ago, JamesRFC__ said:

Can't remember it very well then if you think Ibrox sang for the full 90 minutes without them while we were in the lower divisions :hmmm:

Not sure how you arrive at that suggestion?

I clearly said I didn't remember the atmosphere being any better or worse. Why are you pretending I suggested Ibrox sang for the full 90 minutes? 

Just now, left winger said:

Not sure how you arrive at that suggestion?

I clearly said I didn't remember the atmosphere being any better or worse. Why are you pretending I suggested Ibrox sang for the full 90 minutes? 

The UB normally add to the atmosphere (sing) for 90 minutes. You said you can't remember the atmosphere being any better or worse without them while I said Ibrox clearly didn't sing for 90 minutes (without the UB) in the lower divisions so stated that you obviously don't remember the atmosphere being worse without them. 

Just now, plumbGER said:

Aye, must be difficult with your mobility issues, wrinkles:lol:

There's good reason I bought my ST in the enclosure those ramps make life so much easier for the old timers like me. 

At least now I'm rapidly approaching 31 I'll be able to get a stairlift installed at home. 

:lol:

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

There's good reason I bought my ST in the enclosure those ramps make life so much easier for the old timers like me. 

At least now I'm rapidly approaching 31 I'll be able to get a stairlift installed at home. 

Remember that bedpan as well :tu:

2 minutes ago, JamesRFC__ said:

The UB normally add to the atmosphere (sing) for 90 minutes. You said you can't remember the atmosphere being any better or worse without them while I said Ibrox clearly didn't sing for 90 minutes (without the UB) in the lower divisions so stated that you obviously don't remember the atmosphere being worse without them. 

Point by point.

they don't sing for 90 mins - simple straightforward fact. 

No I don't remember it being better or worse without them.

You didn't say Ibrox didn't sing for 90 mins (not in response to me, anyway). You were implying I said something I didn't.

You like the UB and think they do a good job - fair enough. I can take them or leave them, but some do, imho, have a fairly over-inflated opinion of them. 

15 minutes ago, The Dude said:

You really must have made some bad life choices.

I'm 36 but still manage the stairs to the club deck every 2nd week.

48 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I do love these made up statistics:lol:

If it's the same for 90% of other British supports, then why do you claim we are so far behind other clubs fans at supporting the team.

Do better as in supporting the team rather than getting in a tit-for-tat bunfight about who 'supports' the team the best, hence the uber-fan reference.

The atmosphere could be better, point taken, but labelling our support as 'shite' is wrong imo.

90% of his posts on this issue are complete contractions.

The atmospheres shite

The UBs create a great atmosphere

Were behind most clubs in terms of atmosphere

Most other clubs have shite atmospheres

They love to bash the rest of the support, I've been in plenty decent atmospheres in the past couple years and its had nothing to do with UBs but were led to believe that you'd hear a pin drop if they were gone.

They've been there for ten years how long do they plan on taking to "bring back the atmosphere"

The fact they've got to bash the rest of the support and say were shite to make themselves look good says it all

2 minutes ago, Willis said:

The atmospheres shite

They love to bash the rest of the support, I've been in plenty decent atmospheres in the past couple years and its had nothing to do with UBs but were led to believe that you'd hear a pin drop if they were gone.

They've been there for ten years how long do they plan on taking to "bring back the atmosphere"

The fact they've got to bash the rest of the support and say were shite to make themselves look good says it all

I quite like his contributions to the site if i'm honest.

He's usually quite a positive poster to the point of maybe delusion but i prefer positivity to negativity.

Constructive criticism is fair enough though and reasoned debate is what makes the forum what it is.

This thread seems to be arguing for the sake of arguing though:lol:

10 minutes ago, Three stripes said:

Ah just don't get why they think it does anything but sound shite.

The drum is used to keep the section in time and going at the same speed because it's very common for people to end up singing at different times and that becomes a rabble. So to help that we use the drum and it works, nothing to do with sound really.

16 minutes ago, Willis said:

The atmospheres shite

Nobody from the UB has bashed you or the rest of the support, so I'm not sure why you are saying that because that isn't a fact at all. 

The UB don't need to bash anyone to make the group feel better, we're happy enough knowing ourselves that we do the best we are capable of. All I've done is responded to all the clear misconceptions about the UB's song choice, megaphone, speaker and views towards the atmosphere in the ground. I'm more than happy to have rationale conversations about the group and all of those things.

I also don't believe PRW is contradicting himself. He said the atmosphere is shite in terms of the whole of Ibrox, because it is even with our best efforts. He seems to think the UB create an atmosphere as well but that is restricted to that part of the ground. Not really a contradiction at all and not a great deal the group can do but try to encourage the rest of the stadium to join in.