Stewart Robertson Elected to the SPFL board

Guest Lloyd72

Just now, buster. said:

If it were the 'old board' that arrived at the conclusion (via legal advice) then you'd think it should have been them who issued the statement, ie. last week, as per Topping article.

It was more than the old board. Meetings were opened up to all 42 members of the SPFL afaik. They wanted to wait until the new board were elected to announce their decision to avoid a situation where it can be suggested they rushed it through before elections.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Meh. Lawwell stepped down from it and went somewhere else which will no doubt be pulling the strings in Scottish football. 

There's no way he steps down from a position of power, and allows us to replace him if he isn't going on to a more powerful position 

Or.... I know I'm probably way off the mark here... but maybe the rest of the powers at be have had enough of his shit r.e title stripping. Was he was told to step down as his agenda is clear to see?

Just now, The Dude said:

It was more than the old board. Meetings were opened up to all 42 members of the SPFL afaik. They wanted to wait until the new board were elected to announce their decision to avoid a situation where it can be suggested they rushed it through before elections.

Doesn't really make much sense to me.

Topping seemed to know what was happening at least 9 days ago and was more than happy to tell the world.

Thereafter, it only starts to look delayed and more about strategic timing.

2 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

Or.... I know I'm probably way off the mark here... but maybe the rest of the powers at be have had enough of his shit r.e title stripping. Was he was told to step down as his agenda is clear to see?

I'd be happy if that was the case but I really can't see it. 

3 minutes ago, buster. said:

Doesn't really make much sense to me.

Topping seemed to know what was happening at least 9 days ago and was more than happy to tell the world.

Thereafter, it only starts to look delayed and more about strategic timing.

They have their position set, certain individuals didn't want to be attached to it being made public (Hi Peter) so they can save face with their own mob.

Could still be some raw and spicy times ahead in the immediate future.     Maybe a scenario along the lines of................

SPFL announce sometime soon no further action on title stripping - the agitator club and its tame pet active harm clubs then claim the decision cannot be right (or is not made in the interests of sporting integrity) because Rangers have a rep on the SPFL board so there must be conflict of interest - pressure then mounts for Robertson to step down and pressure from the now seemingly 'outside' agitator clubs and the media for an inquiry into how the SPFL was allowed to be compromised in the pursuit of title stripping.   

Or the whole thing is something like a stately dance where the old SPFL reps step down before the announcement of no further action on title stripping to let Robertson take the hot seat and the flak for being part of the board that actually makes the announcement, while the agitator club rep can infer to his own lot that a reason he stepped down was he could see the direction of travel on no further action on title stripping and could not be part of the official announcement...........thus side-stepping internal issues he's bound to face from his agitator fans.    

The 42 member clubs of the SPFL met today at the league’s Annual General Meeting and elected the six club representatives who will serve on the SPFL Board for the year ahead.

The SPFL Board includes three Ladbrokes Premiership representatives, two from the Ladbrokes Championship and one covering Ladbrokes League 1 and Ladbrokes League 2.

Elected to serve on the 2016/17 SPFL Board – alongside SPFL Chief Executive Neil Doncaster, new SPFL Chairman Murdoch MacLennan (as of August 1) and independent non-executive director Karyn McCluskey – were:

Ladbrokes Premiership representatives: Ann Budge (Heart of Midlothian), Les Gray (Hamilton Academical) and Stewart Robertson (Rangers)

Ladbrokes Championship representatives: Martin Ritchie (Falkirk) and Warren Hawke (Morton) 

Ladbrokes League 1 and League 2 representative: Iain Dougan (Stranraer)

In addition and as confirmed last week, SPFL appointees to 2017/18 Scottish FA Professional Game Board are Neil Doncaster (SPFL), Duncan Fraser (Aberdeen), Peter Lawwell (Celtic), Ian Maxwell (Partick Thistle) and Mike Mulraney (Alloa Athletic). 

Further, SPFL appointees to 2017/18 Scottish FA Congress are Andrew Dickson (Rangers), Neil Doncaster (SPFL), Eric Drysdale (Raith Rovers), Ken Ferguson (Brechin City), Margaret Lang (Falkirk) and Malcolm Mackay (Queen’s Park).

http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/spfl-clubs-elect-board-for-1718/

Just now, OneDavidCooper said:

That would make sense to me. Hope it's right.

Celtic now have zero representation within the SPFL...that's not a coincidence. Lawwell & Robertson both stood for election last year and, magically, this year, they've decided to return to the way it was pre-2012 (we rotate which side puts up a rep for election each year)

23 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Lawwell's stepping down from the SPFL board also isn't coincidence. He's trying to play with both sides of the bat. (As my blog you mentioned the other day alluded to) so he can say he had no part in the decision and can appease the moonhowlers in his own support.

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

They have their position set, certain individuals didn't want to be attached to it being made public (Hi Peter) so they can save face with their own mob.

Transparent as fuck!

Still, will go some way to appease the thick as fuck :mutley:

Just now, Siam69 said:

Transparent as fuck!

Still, will go some way to appease the thick as fuck :mutley:

I mentioned it in my Record blog on Saturday and it seemed to strike a nerve with them. Pedro's biggest worry is being seen to be on a board not pursuing title stripping and potentially putting his own standing at Celtic on an even shooglier peg than normal.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

I mentioned it in my Record blog on Saturday and it seemed to strike a nerve with them. Pedro's biggest worry is being seen to be on a board not pursuing title stripping and potentially putting his own standing at Celtic on an even shooglier peg than normal.

Aye, be a bit of sabre rattling from him now after the no stripping titles announcement, for the moon howlers.

All very predictable, he really does take that section of their support to be the thick as fuck muppets they are.

Can't wait :lol:

14 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Could still be some raw and spicy times ahead in the immediate future.     Maybe a scenario along the lines of................

SPFL announce sometime soon no further action on title stripping - the agitator club and its tame pet active harm clubs then claim the decision cannot be right (or is not made in the interests of sporting integrity) because Rangers have a rep on the SPFL board so there must be conflict of interest - pressure then mounts for Robertson to step down and pressure from the now seemingly 'outside' agitator clubs and the media for an inquiry into how the SPFL was allowed to be compromised in the pursuit of title stripping.   

Or the whole thing is something like a stately dance where the old SPFL reps step down before the announcement of no further action on title stripping to let Robertson take the hot seat and the flak for being part of the board that actually makes the announcement, while the agitator club rep can infer to his own lot that a reason he stepped down was he could see the direction of travel on no further action on title stripping and could not be part of the official announcement...........thus side-stepping internal issues he's bound to face from his agitator fans.    

The hardcore of the Agitating or revolting fans won't buy that.

The matter is then about how much noise they can make, where they make it and the potential damage it may have to various parties.

I think the authorities see the football starting soon to occupy your average fans attention and the 17/18 ST uptake done and dusted. 

I'd imagine it'll end up as us getting grief at every away ground wrt to titles/'cheating', which will make a change from Sevco etc.

Just now, Siam69 said:

Aye, be a bit of sabre rattling from him now after the no stripping titles announcement, for the moon howlers.

All very predictable, he really does take that section of their support to be the thick as fuck muppets they are.

Can't wait :lol:

The sheer disdain in which he holds the average punter is genuinely remarkable.

2 minutes ago, buster. said:

The hardcore of the Agitating or revolting fans won't buy that.

The matter is then about how much noise they can make, where they make it and the potential damage it may have to various parties.

I think the authorities see the football starting soon to occupy your average fans attention and the 17/18 ST uptake done and dusted. 

I'd imagine it'll end up as us getting grief at every away ground wrt to titles/'cheating', which will make a change from Sevco etc.

I'd just wind them up even more about it, 'up to our knees in EBT's' and the like.

Get them even more raging, it'll turn full circle, where we'll be instigating the winding them up and taking the piss outta them, when they realise nothing is going to come of it.

Brilliant stuff, ganne wait :lol: