Which top 5 league club would you buy??

http://www.planetfootball.com/in-depth/european-club-buy-youre-looking-quick-success/

Saw this and went with Karlsruhe S.C. They are not a big club and are now in the third tier in Germany but have massive potential. Additionally they are a club with a potentially large fan base. What would be your pick if money was no object from France, Germany, England, Spain or Italy? Oh and the reason why you pick that club.

15 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Only club i would buy would be Rangers, they have it all, stadium , fan base etc.  I would fill the corners in for more revenue and a bigger capacity  

Blow Timmy right out the fucking water and it would only cost about £50m 

I know we're slightly biased, but Rangers would be a shrewd acquisition for someone willing to invest £50-60m in the club, stadium and surrounding areas. Basically a 50/50 chance of winning the league and qualifying for the UCL every year, massive fanbase, awesome stadium with so much history. 

Not in the leagues you mentioned but I'd buy Bohemians in Dublin. 

They'd have a blue and white away kit that would eventually become their home colours, replacing the red and black they currently play in. Gradually over the space of a couple of years I would turn them entirely unionist. They would be the loyalist equivalent of that taig club playing in the UK. 

I would lose the entirety of their current fan base but I would gain thousands in the north and in mainland UK. 

Since I have clearly got a lot of money left as I bought an Irish club and have profited from the unionist people finding this hilarious I would then look about buying Derry City. I would remove them from the league of Ireland and apply to play in the Irish league in the north. I would change nothing other than a union flag flying from their ground.

Thats the dream.

17 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

They'd have a blue and white away kit that would eventually become their home colours, replacing the red and black they currently play in. Gradually over the space of a couple of years I would turn them entirely unionist. They would be the loyalist equivalent of that taig club playing in the UK. 

I would lose the entirety of their current fan base but I would gain thousands in the north and in mainland UK. 

Since I have clearly got a lot of money left as I bought an Irish club and have profited from the unionist people finding this hilarious I would then look about buying Derry City. I would remove them from the league of Ireland and apply to play in the Irish league in the north. I would change nothing other than a union flag flying from their ground.

Thats the dream.

Go one further, buy Cliftonville and return it to being the protestant club it was when it was founded before the rats took over and turned it into a stinking republican one.

12 hours ago, badjon said:

http://www.planetfootball.com/in-depth/european-club-buy-youre-looking-quick-success/

Saw this and went with Karlsruhe S.C. They are not a big club and are now in the third tier in Germany but have massive potential. Additionally they are a club with a potentially large fan base. What would be your pick if money was no object from France, Germany, England, Spain or Italy? Oh and the reason why you pick that club.

"Which top 5 league club would you buy"

Then you pick a team in the third tier.

FC Union Berlin

They've got the fan base potential, they play in Germany's capital, so it's a very attractive prospect for players.... and you'd be joining a cult...

1. FC Union Berlin is recognized as one of Europe's cult clubs, based on many unique fan and club initiatives over the last two decades.[15][16][17]

The nicknames of the club are Eiserne (The Iron Ones) or Eisern Union (Iron Union), both of which are used to refer to the club from Berlin. Their nicknames evolved from the earlier sobriquet Schlosserjungs (metalworker boys), which was in reference to the blue kit the Union played in, as it was reminiscent of the overalls worn by local workers.[18]

In former GDR times Union was known for a rivalry with Dynamo Berlin who was affiliated with East Germany's Secret Service Stasi. Union was patronized by Eastern German Trade Union FDGB. The club played some identificatory role in the unofficial opposition against the authorities of the communist system.[19]

In May 2004, the supporters raised enough money to secure the club's license for fourth-division football through a campaign called 'Bleed for Union'.[20] This catchphrase was not meant metaphorically. One element of the campaign was that fans donated blood to Berlin hospitals and then gave the money they received from the blood bank to their club.

After 2010 Union Berlin became increasingly attractive for new Berliners, even internationals, who were drawn to the atmosphere at the club.[21]

1 hour ago, LaudrupsAsicsBoots said:

I'd probably buy Deportivo and try and get them back to being the quality side they were about 15 years ago.

That's a great shout.

I remember growing-up in awe of La Liga on Sky Sports and they were a solid, competitive side. I'm sure Diego Tristan was their top boy.

Their stadium - The Razor or something like that - was supposed to be quite intimidating.

6 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

That's a great shout.

I remember growing-up in awe of La Liga on Sky Sports and they were a solid, competitive side. I'm sure Diego Tristan was their top boy.

Their stadium - The Razor or something like that - was supposed to be quite intimidating.

Tristan, Capdevilla, Pandiani, Naybet, Valeron, Andrade, Luque, Molina, ROY MAKAAY!

They were some team back in the day. I'm sure you could go them on Pro Ev as well

3 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Thats the dream.

I had no idea Derry City played in the ROI league instead of the NI league

43 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

That's a great shout.

Diego Tristan and Roy Makaay were both frightening for them.

Among the top sides in Europe for a few seasons and then they just fell away.

I was thinking the other day that if I won the Euro Millions, say it was a rollover and won about £80m

I'd happily give Rangers £10-15m off it and make King sign some form of agreement that it goes towards the playing squad and hiring Bob Malcolm as manager