Jonathan Watson on Marseille 93

11 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

Your dad's got a TV in his knee? ??

We could've been the champions of Europe that year. We were robbed of, at the very least, the chance to play AC Milan for the trophy.

Would’ve gone to penalties and we’d knick it in sudden death. 

37 minutes ago, roboscot said:

I was 16/17 that season, time of your life. 

Manchester season was like that for me. 17/18. Although I only managed to get to 3 league games of that entire season cause I was living overseas it was such a rollercoaster of a year. 

Shame how it ended but probably my favourite season ever.

Always good when celebs don't try to hide their affection for us.

I went to a concert at the barrowlands right after one of those games (either velodrome or elland road) and the bouncer at the door was obviously a tim and knew we weren't because of the time of our arrival and high spirits ... have to say it was so nice just to smugly smile as he was doing the frisking in a less than friendly manner :mutley:

5 hours ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Aye we were cheated out of at least the final but I was at Brugge away we should've won that !

zzzzzzzzzzzsherlo.gif.553d72194a1bded600b1981c6b36b48d.gif

We definitely should have won that one mate , the performance , particularly in the second half summed up the spirit that Walter's side had that season .Bittersweet memories now TBH looking at how close we came then and comparing it to how far away we are at this moment in time from making any kind of CL impact .

20 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

:lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41485885

I was a very very young Bear watching it on TV on my Dad's knee. I only remember Durrant's goal and that was about it but tbh I think I only falsely remember it because he has told me about it so much and i've watched the highlights a few times.

Have you ever met Mr Watson ? If you did mate , you want to punch his lights out .

The arrogance reeks out of the guy .He thinks he is a superstar away from the cameras  He  is as much a Rangers fan as Chic Young . Both ass wipe pieces of shite .

Fucking detest him

Oh I see . It's on the Bbc . They wheel this pish out to try to appear , they are doing stuff positive about our club .

There is no ends to how sleekit , this mob are

Fucking mince if you ask me . Even more so as this unfunny gob shite makes Tam Cowan seem funny .

The Bbc are full of beggars , jacobite , Rangers hating scum . Oh and a few ex players and unfunny comics  that would shite all over the club that made them famous , for a few dollars .

21 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Have you ever met Mr Watson ? If you did mate , you want to punch his lights out .

The arrogance reeks out of the guy .He thinks he is a superstar away from the cameras  He  is as much a Rangers fan as Chic Young . Both ass wipe pieces of shite .

Fucking detest him

This, never seen him at an away game in 40 years of going to them,where are they people on a freezing Tuesday night in Forfar. Usual big time Charlie's, also heard he's a bit of a tit in person

I have no doubt we would have beaten Milan that night in the final. I would have been 12 at the time but I remember every game. Me and my dad and my Granda would sit and watch it in the same seats in my house every night, sadly my Granda passed away that December, think we had 2 games left or something, so during both them games no one sat in his seat, thought we were going to do it that year but unfortunately just fell short. Still feel cheated out of it till this day. 

1 hour ago, Ivybank said:

This, never seen him at an away game in 40 years of going to them,where are they people on a freezing Tuesday night in Forfar. Usual big time Charlie's, also heard he's a bit of a tit in person

He is an 18carrot prick mate . I have met him few times .

I used to be in some of the comedy sketches way back . He is a fraud .

This is the BBC putting him up to this for the reasons I said .

They can't get interviews so to appease the gullible who still buy into their garbage . they throw this morsel out there

11 hours ago, buster. said:

Hately's sending off was rank stupidity on his part

it's was a bit rash.but also a red card of the soft variety.one that the ref was looking for.he I'm sure was one of the officials allegedly bribed 

as for the bribery .i remember watching the Marseille CSKA Highlights .the goalie was atrocious. i said at the time the game was fixed .he was making little effort .months later the bribery allegations appeared 

just think ourselves and Dundee hivs have been done by bribed officials at the business end of this tournament .while Timmy gets through on technicalities after getting pumped

41 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

it's was a bit rash.but also a red card of the soft variety.one that the ref was looking for.he I'm sure was one of the officials allegedly bribed 

as for the bribery .i remember watching the Marseille CSKA Highlights .the goalie was atrocious. i said at the time the game was fixed .he was making little effort .months later the bribery allegations appeared 

just think ourselves and Dundee hivs have been done by bribed officials at the business end of this tournament .while Timmy gets through on technicalities after getting pumped

There was nothing wrong with the ref's decision re. the Hately sending off.

The elbow by itself would have been soft but it's Hately pushing the Bruges player to the ground that makes the ref's  work easy.

As I said it was stupidity on Hately's part.